Sign in to follow this  
?

MOTM

Who was your MOTM, my lad and I reckon it was Bassong, who gets your vote?

Whits had a good game. Bassong and Hooly too,but for his role in the goals it has to be Redderz.

I''d probably give it to Redmond. Two assists and a goal in that second half. That''s the Redmond we need to be seeing more often.Bassong was very good, Tettey solid as always, and despite maybe making more of an effort on the goal we conceded, I thought Whittaker had yet another good game.

Bassong. That was his best game in a City shirt, absolutely nothing got past him and he won everything. With Ipswich''s direct style a lot was riding on our CB''s performances today and both him and Martin had impeccable games, Ipswich just couldn''t build anything from their usual play.

Ipswich play for knock downs, half clearances and misjudged bounces/clearances and our two centre backs gave them absolutely nothing. I''ve been critical of our defending against simple balls over the top or any high, raked ball forward recently but we dealt with that approach easily today!

Bassong for me, he was immense today, RM played well alongside him, contained the threat of Murphy / Sears excellently and looked comfortable, Redderz was excellent 2nd half and i thought Jerome put in a great shift today, what a day, what a team !!

I thought Bassong was superb but what a shift from Jerome.

[quote user="GJP"]I thought Bassong was superb but what a shift from Jerome.[/quote]Yes, I thought Jerome was terrific today too, as was Redmond, second half.  Bassong gets it for me, not only for his playing, but his role in calming down Redmond who had lost it at one point and could easily have got himself sent off if someone - Bassong - hadn''t been strong with him. 

Yep, Seb for me too, his directing of the back line was impeccable, every time Ipswich looked like they were going to launch one , he made them drop a yard or two to enable them to really attack the ball, clearing their lines and denying Ipswich any thing to feed off.

Redders mentioned in despatches for a lively , productive 2nd half.

Bassong or Redmond for me, not much to choose between them. Shout out for Ruddy too who I though was excellent dealing with crosses all day.

Seb was well up for this and would get my vote.

Tettey had a very good game, but although Redmond had good patches in the game, he still frustrated me and the guy next to me, with his reluctance to work the space, test the opposition.

Redmond. Won a penalty, got a man sent off, scored, then set up the third.

But I agree, none of the above would have been possible if Bassong hadn''t repelled all those long balls. Some great last ditch blocks too.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Seb was well up for this and would get my vote.

Tettey had a very good game, but although Redmond had good patches in the game, he still frustrated me and the guy next to me, with his reluctance to work the space, test the opposition.[/quote]Agree about Redmond, lost count of the number of times he had a chance to run at them, which is where he is at his best, and he stopped, had a look round and we lost momentum. Could be obeying orders of course, but if so I don''t understand why.

Feeling quite sorry for Redderz- you''d think playing a key part in ALL THREE of our goals against our local rivals in a tight play-off semi final might get him some praise but according to some he didn''t do enough. Amazing.

I''d say Bassong and Redmond to share it. Both were outstanding today.I actually thought Tettey struggled at times today, not with the defensive side of his game, but with the passing side which is perhaps due to the pressure he was put under? He hit more than a handful of really wayward passes.