Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

one thing I don't understand about the Ipswich arrogance post match?

I understand they had a good first half (tactically). they came with a plan, hoof it up the pitch, and once its up there, press high and hard and keep the pressure on, and it was working for them. although I feel like they only had one or two times where I thought "F*** they''re about to score". we dealt with the pressure rather well.then comes the second half. our players come out clearly optimistic and basically looking a completely different team, and thus leads to Redders shot which results in a goal and a penalty. and this is where the ITFC arrogance comes in.all I am seeing are there fans saying "it was ours until the red." "we would of won quite comfortably" (actual  quotes). along with lines along of "never won anything" and "failures for not winning the league" - that one makes me chuckle, like they don''t understand poor management choices.but back to my point, the thing is, if there was no hand ball, no red card, we would of been 1-0 up. I don''t really understand the thought process of if the handball didn''t happen, they would of been ahead.I suppose it can be brought down to clutching at straws. Lets hope we make the best of our situation now for a swift return to the prem in the finals.

They''re stupid.It''s like saying, "we would have won, if not for all those things that happened during the match"......... or "we would have won if we''d scored more goals than you"They can if and but all the way to the Championship next year all they want. Doesn''t make any difference to us.

They only managed the one shot on target all game. I think the natural hope for them was keep it tight frustrate us and hit us from a set piece and the red put paid to that.

What else can they say ? Their best hope was to snatch a goal then defend like hell. Whereas we knew that they would slowly tire themselves out, leaving the game to us the later it got. Take a look at two of the useless herberts they did bring on. Noel Hunt (useless cnt, more like) and the runtish Tabb who seemed to think it was his job to be more useless than either Hunt or Mings.In fairness we should have buried them in the second half with clear chances from Redmond (blasted over the bar) and out through, Jerome missing from a few yards out and Hooper pulled back offside when through. What you should look at is how great the gap is between the two clubs, when their huffing and puffing is regarded by them as a great performance. Hhowever it matters little what they think or say. What matters is who will be walking out at Wembley in a week''s time. that''s what the recrds will show. Not a load of blubbing from a bunch habitual losers.

At half time I said it looked as if we had adopted the Ali tactic of "rope a dope" he employed against big old bruisers, let them run a round and wear themselves out before hitting them with everything he had, and so was not surprised how we blizted them early doors in the second half, and it took Ippo by surprise......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]At half time I said it looked as if we had adopted the Ali tactic of "rope a dope" he employed against big old bruisers, let them run a round and wear themselves out before hitting them with everything he had, and so was not surprised how we blizted them early doors in the second half, and it took Ippo by surprise......[/quote]Just my thoughts. Go to 3.50m"In Zaire, in Zaire "

They won''t be supporting themselves either come to that. 14 years stuck in the second flight. Perhaps they''ll get some sort of long service medal.  Be nice to see them win something for once.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Its a good job they''re history buffs. I can''t remember the last time they beat us....[/quote]was one of the comments I made on twitter post-match. every ipswich fan I follow are those I know, so around the same age group. all posting on how we''ve won nothing. being in my age group would mean born after 1992-1993 so really, neither have they.

They played to 100% of their ability in the 1st half & we were only 50% of ours.2nd half we played to 80% of our ability & they had no answers.Bottom line is that they were better than Millwall when they came here but worse than Wigan, and that is a compliment.

You do have to question why a defender would punch the ball off the line at the start of the second half like that. He knew he would be sent off and the chances are the penalty would be converted.I''m sure most managers would prefer to be 1-0 down but still with 11 men on the pitch.

[quote user="whoareyou"]You do have to question why a defender would punch the ball off the line at the start of the second half like that. He knew he would be sent off and the chances are the penalty would be converted.[/quote]

Split second reactions. He didn''t exactly punch it, he looked to be just trying to get something in the way of the ball.  Difficult to leave that one alone.