Sign in to follow this  
portman_king

So here we go...

A one-off shoot-out for a place in a Wembley final.Ordinarily I''d say it''s 70/30 in your favour but probably more like 55/45 given the expectation and what''s at stake.As long as our players leave everything on the pitch I can''t ask anymore from them. Was very a remarkable atmosphere on Saturday and I''m sure it will be again this weekend.

Never mind '' So here we go '' more like so where have you been ? Anyway let''s make the most of you while you are around Scummer as I suspect you will not be about next week.

Now then please don''t tell me that the hoofball I witnessed on Saturday was the best you can offer. To equalise and then only come up with a second half like that says more about the Scum than Norwich City. A poor effort and I really expected a bit of an effort to put us on the back foot.

Hey ho if you are happy good for you.

mccarthy delighted with his teams efforts our gaffer thought we werent 100 percent at our game which is true.

Ipswich away record not great so looks favourable for Saturday!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Never mind '' So here we go '' more like so where have you been ? Anyway let''s make the most of you while you are around Scummer as I suspect you will not be about next week.

Now then please don''t tell me that the hoofball I witnessed on Saturday was the best you can offer. To equalise and then only come up with a second half like that says more about the Scum than Norwich City. A poor effort and I really expected a bit of an effort to put us on the back foot.

[/quote]I''m sorry but I saw just as much hoofball from your players as ours on Saturday. In fact the ProZone stats said we had a better pass completion rate than you so.....In fact I would go as far to say I''d be much more frustrated watching your team week-in, week-out than ours: give me direct, purposeful play that turns defenders around than fart arsing about playing tippy-tappy in front of a backline without any incisiveness.There''s far too much hubris among Norwich fans, particularly about your own style of play - let''s face it you''re no Bournemouth. If you were you would''ve found a way to combat our approach.If you ask me,ultimately, it''ll come down to whether your players really want it... most

of your lads have experienced the Prem - failed there - perhaps their

appetite to go back there isn''t quite as high as our players, most of

whom haven''t experienced it and are unlikely to get a better opportunity.The fact you got ''dragged down to our level'' as so many of you are saying is more a testament to us than your inability to trust in your ''ethos'' (whatever that may be). We''ve had the same comments from the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford, Watford all season when we''ve performed well and stopped their danger men and derailed them.Yes, we''re direct; stop moaning about it and find a way to beat us on Saturday! (Note: I do still think you''ll have a bit too much for us but whatever happens we''re heading in the right direction and will be an attraction for players in the summer regardless of what league we play in).As for Saturday, I can''t imagine the atmosphere will be as raucous as at Portman Road - from both sets of fans - for the pure fact that the 2nd leg carries much greater importance and will make for a much tenser atmosphere. If we keep things quiet for the first 15-20 mins it will certainly be interesting to see how things pan out... we''ve won at teams better (in terms of league standings) than yourselves.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]I''m sorry but I saw just as much hoofball from your players as ours on Saturday. In fact the ProZone stats said we had a better pass completion rate than you so.....In fact I would go as far to say I''d be much more frustrated watching your team week-in, week-out than ours: give me direct, purposeful play that turns defenders around than fart arsing about playing tippy-tappy in front of a backline without any incisiveness.There''s far too much hubris among Norwich fans, particularly about your own style of play - let''s face it you''re no Bournemouth. If you were you would''ve found a way to combat our approach.If you ask me,ultimately, it''ll come down to whether your players really want it... most

whom haven''t experienced it and are unlikely to get a better opportunity.The fact you got ''dragged down to our level'' as so many of you are saying is more a testament to us than your inability to trust in your ''ethos'' (whatever that may be). We''ve had the same comments from the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford, Watford all season when we''ve performed well and stopped their danger men and derailed them.Yes, we''re direct; stop moaning about it and find a way to beat us on Saturday! (Note: I do still think you''ll have a bit too much for us but whatever happens we''re heading in the right direction and will be an attraction for players in the summer regardless of what league we play in).As for Saturday, I can''t imagine the atmosphere will be as raucous as at Portman Road - from both sets of fans - for the pure fact that the 2nd leg carries much greater importance and will make for a much tenser atmosphere. If we keep things quiet for the first 15-20 mins it will certainly be interesting to see how things pan out... we''ve won at teams better (in terms of league standings) than yourselves.[/quote]

What you have to remember is the teams who are better (in terms of league placings), we got 10 points against with a goal difference of 8-1.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

whom haven''t experienced it and are unlikely to get a better opportunity.The fact you got ''dragged down to our level'' as so many of you are saying is more a testament to us than your inability to trust in your ''ethos'' (whatever that may be). We''ve had the same comments from the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford, Watford all season when we''ve performed well and stopped their danger men and derailed them.Yes, we''re direct; stop moaning about it and find a way to beat us on Saturday! (Note: I do still think you''ll have a bit too much for us but whatever happens we''re heading in the right direction and will be an attraction for players in the summer regardless of what league we play in).As for Saturday, I can''t imagine the atmosphere will be as raucous as at Portman Road - from both sets of fans - for the pure fact that the 2nd leg carries much greater importance and will make for a much tenser atmosphere. If we keep things quiet for the first 15-20 mins it will certainly be interesting to see how things pan out... we''ve won at teams better (in terms of league standings) than yourselves.[/quote]

I''m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and agree with a scummer. We absolutely do need to trust in our own ethos or perhaps more accurately ability and just go out there and out football them. This Ipswich side can;t get near us when we start to pass it about but we never got going. That was in part because they stopped us but also because we didn''t play Wes and worried too much about their style of play.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

I''m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and agree with a scummer. We absolutely do need to trust in our own ethos or perhaps more accurately ability and just go out there and out football them. This Ipswich side can;t get near us when we start to pass it about but we never got going. That was in part because they stopped us but also because we didn''t play Wes and worried too much about their style of play.[/quote]There you go again - bona fide hubris. Wakey wakey, you''re not Barcelona; we''re in the same division and have an equal chance of reaching the playoff final!If you reach the final you will have to play damn well to beat us, I guarantee you that much.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

I''m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and agree with a scummer. We absolutely do need to trust in our own ethos or perhaps more accurately ability and just go out there and out football them. This Ipswich side can;t get near us when we start to pass it about but we never got going. That was in part because they stopped us but also because we didn''t play Wes and worried too much about their style of play.[/quote]There you go again - bona fide hubris. Wakey wakey, you''re not Barcelona; we''re in the same division and have an equal chance of reaching the playoff final!If you reach the final you will have to play damn well to beat us, I guarantee you that much.[/quote]

Maybe. I was referring more to the passages of the game where we passed the ball well and your players struggled to get near our midfield, principally after Wes came on. Sadly this was only for a limited period of time but you had no threat at all for that last 20 minutes or so.

We haven;t actually played particularly well against you in all 3 games so far. two we''ve won comfortably and the third we drew away when you had home advantage. It won;t be easy but if we play well then (barring a shocking refereeing decision or two) we will beat you.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

I''m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and agree with a scummer. We absolutely do need to trust in our own ethos or perhaps more accurately ability and just go out there and out football them. This Ipswich side can;t get near us when we start to pass it about but we never got going. That was in part because they stopped us but also because we didn''t play Wes and worried too much about their style of play.[/quote]There you go again - bona fide hubris. Wakey wakey, you''re not Barcelona; we''re in the same division and have an equal chance of reaching the playoff final!If you reach the final you will have to play damn well to beat us, I guarantee you that much.[/quote]

Maybe. I was referring more to the passages of the game where we passed the ball well and your players struggled to get near our midfield, principally after Wes came on. Sadly this was only for a limited period of time but you had no threat at all for that last 20 minutes or so.

We haven;t actually played particularly well against you in all 3 games so far. two we''ve won comfortably and the third we drew away when you had home advantage. It won;t be easy but if we play well then (barring a shocking refereeing decision or two) we will beat you.[/quote]It''s rather embarrassing how cock-sure you are. Let''s hope your players don''t have the same mentality and are prepared to graft the full 120 minutes if necessary.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

We haven;t actually played particularly well against you in all 3 games so far. two we''ve won comfortably and the third we drew away when you had home advantage. It won;t be easy but if we play well then (barring a shocking refereeing decision or two) we will beat you.[/quote]It''s rather embarrassing how cock-sure you are. Let''s hope your players don''t have the same mentality and are prepared to graft the full 120 minutes if necessary.[/quote]

I''m not cock-sure - you will note I said IF we play well. There is of course no guarantee that we will play well. However IF we play well then I believe we will win because I believe that we have the better side. IF we play well I believe we are the best side in the championship. Sadly we did not play well as often as Bournemouth and Watford so we missed out on auto. What will give you hope is that we have failed at home a few times this season and clearly if we are not "at it" on Saturday that could happen again.

Now then Scummer if you are going to be so attractive for players next season does this mean your policy of signing loanees, has beens and criminals is going to change because if so I take your wonderful owner will actually be giving MM some cash to play with something he has so far avoided doing ?

Ipswich are the worst footballing side in the top six without a doubt.

One-dimensional hit and hope, but if you enjoy that, fair enough.

Not one player in the Ipswich midfield has a creative bone in their body. Wes Hoolahan showed everyone up as soon as he got on the pitch. Ipswich will only win if your one tactic of smashing it long to Murphy and hoping it''s poorly defended.

For a home team in a semi final they were pretty poor and unadventurous. What is bizarre if you read TWTD is that on the back of that performance they seem to be confident for the second leg even though they have the worst away record of the top 8.

I think the reality will hit pretty quickly on Saturday

[quote user="cortwanking"]It''s rather embarrassing how cock-sure you are. Let''s hope your players don''t have the same mentality and are prepared to graft the full 120 minutes if necessary.[/quote]We won''t need 120 minutes, 90 will be plenty.And after you''ve been stuffed you can go back to reminiscing about history and how good you were back in your grandad''s day....

[quote user="Harry Kidd"]For a home team in a semi final they were pretty poor and unadventurous. What is bizarre if you read TWTD is that on the back of that performance they seem to be confident for the second leg even though they have the worst away record of the top 8.

I think the reality will hit pretty quickly on Saturday[/quote]

it is bizarre. It was their home game and their best chance to get ahead in the tie. Had we been at home first, and not managed to win then we would be very worried.

They were at home, where they are strong and we still largely had that game under control. They got a goal from an error by our defence and nearly scored from another error by Martin but that was it. I really don''t get why they are all so cock-a-hoop about missing out on their opportunity to put us under pressure. Even McCarthy said he would take that level of performance again next week. Bizarre.

Why do we bother replying to this guy? (Yes I''m aware of the irony of this post)

He disappears for weeks on end when we leapfrog them in the league & their playoff push starts to stall, and then miraculously reappears when Ipswich limp into the playoffs & we don''t make the automatics.

If he genuinely wanted to talk about ''football'' he''d stay & defend his team when things weren''t going so well. But even then, posting on your rivals forum isn''t going to get you much sympathy, but he''s quite happy to be billy big bollocks when they are, guy is just a troll. Best to just ignore it, it will go away.

TWTD is that way! --------------------->

End Rant.

I think the atmosphere from kick off will be even more raucous than last time out. Essentially, the first goal of the game will mean a lot. If you get it, I can see us going gung ho early on in order to not have a repeat of the Boro game. If we get the first goal, I really struggle to see Ipswich getting back into the game. I do worry about our back 5 and I suppose up front as well but in the centre of the park, we are way better than you. Tettey will be rested and ready to win everything and our midfield carries the best goal threat in the league with Johnno and Howson on about 24 goals for the season and Dorrans and Redmond recently showing signs of goals as well.

A raucous atmosphere last Saturday? You must have been at a different game.

Portaloo Rd doesn''t isn''t on the same planet as Carrow Rd when it comes to atmosphere. Amazing also where 10,000 1p5wich fans came from, after having an empty stadium all season.

The game this Saturday is a 50/50 in my eyes though however. 1p5wich have had PLENTY a to say though, so I do hope they can follow through with their words and follow the job they''ve promised us, for their sakes not ours of course.

With all this talk of hoofball I''m finding the horse with the football on the Ipswich logo very ironic.

I love how the scummer OP comes on here shouting the odds yet they havent actually beaten us in 3 meetings this season..

Typical Ipsw*ch fan. Arrogant ****.

[quote user="canary_1902"]I love how the scummer OP comes on here shouting the odds yet they havent actually beaten us in 3 meetings this season..

Typical Ipsw*ch fan. Arrogant ****.[/quote]We''re arrogant?! Expecting to roll us over with your eyes shut and tickle our tummies so that you can have a nice day out at Wembley - now that''s arrogance.

No Portman. I think actually it''s Ipswich fans who are showing their arrogance on the TWTD website. And I would never think about going on another fans site and giving it large.

Do you not even see the irony of your own post?

Just be confident in yourself, be strong, shut up and be comfortable in your own skin. What will be will be, win or lose. Have some dignity. Taken a lead from the Buddha.

Exactly! This is now the third time this obnoxious little binner has been full of himself on here. The previous two occasions he disappeared. Once for over 3 years. Events will dictate what happens this time but however they turn out he will be seen for what he is.

Just to clarify Nutty, he didn''t disappear for 3 years, he was on holiday at Centre Parcs....for the whole 3 year period

these Ipswich fans seem to want it both ways?

One minute theyre telling us that the pressure is all on us and that we should be beating them as our squad costs £millions more than theirs...........then the next ,when we suggest that we expect to beat them on that basis, they''re accusing us of being arrogant and deluded?!?.....which is it ,blue filfth?, make your mind up??

And up pops Caughtwanking after yet another long holiday at Centreparcs.

He''ll we winding his way back to Elvedon Saturday afternoon!