Sign in to follow this  
vos

Why do the Police still think we are a bunch of hooligans !!

Also liked when the binners equalised there was a box of their fans, near the corner of the N & P/City Stand, who were banging on the glass, but as soon as we went 2-1 ahead. the stewards moved in, had a word, and then a few of the occupants ''decided'' to leave!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I was physically attacked by a woman in Barclay B block who was screaming and bawling at people enjoying themselves on the pitch (I had just got back into the stand). Apparently the club were "Going to be banned from Wembley because of you lot"....! If it wasn`t so sad it would be funny. There is absolutely nothing you can do for these people- they are simply clueless. Well done to everyone who got on. A proud, proud day for the true supporters.[/quote]That is the problem with having so many clueless happy clappies turning up at games nowadays. A pitch invasion was something that pretty much always used to happen after success at important games, and at the last home game of the season.Unfortunately almost all of our success has been away from home. Right back to Man Utd in the cup in 1968, Watford and Orient in 1972,  Portsmouth in 1975, Sheff Weds in 1982, Wembley 1985, Bradford (I think) in 1986 and Portsmouth in 2010. Shame this idiot woman wasn''t there to shout that at Delia, Wyn and McNally who were happy to invade the pitch at Pompey in 2010. When football was fun   go to 4 min 20 secs

[quote user="ArfurSowf"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I was physically attacked by a woman in Barclay B block who was screaming and bawling at people enjoying themselves on the pitch (I had just got back into the stand). Apparently the club were "Going to be banned from Wembley because of you lot"....! If it wasn`t so sad it would be funny. There is absolutely nothing you can do for these people- they are simply clueless. Well done to everyone who got on. A proud, proud day for the true supporters.[/quote]That is the problem with having so many clueless happy clappies turning up at games nowadays. A pitch invasion was something that pretty much always used to happen after success at important games, and at the last home game of the season.Unfortunately almost all of our success has been away from home. Right back to Man Utd in the cup in 1968, Watford and Orient in 1972,  Portsmouth in 1975, Sheff Weds in 1982, Wembley 1985, Bradford (I think) in 1986 and Portsmouth in 2010. Shame this idiot woman wasn''t there to shout that at Delia, Wyn and McNally who were happy to invade the pitch at Pompey in 2010. When football was fun   go to 4 min 20 secs

[/quote]

I think Mr Carrow was washing his hair in 1986[;)]

It really is only a few tut-tutters who get all upset about this stuff. We had the same amount of tut-tutters in the 60s, 70s and 80s. The club have to police the game according to ground regulations so they''re not going to announce "please invade the pitch" are they?

Anyway, it''s all on their video feely published on youtube : -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zr1Jk0g-4Q

Norwich v Ipswich games and the other way round always seem to be excessively policed. Yes ok its a Derby but there are many others in the country, fair enough a few extra police are needed, but i think that they go to excess in East Anglian Derbies.

They also want if possible an early kick off on Derby day, you dont seem to see that being requested in many others.

99.9% of Norwich and Ipswich fans are friendly and will happily get along with each other, and would happily mingle in the street possibly giving each other a bit of friendly banter. Yes there are the odd exceptions but you get that at any game.