Sign in to follow this  
vos

Why do the Police still think we are a bunch of hooligans !!

I see another total over reaction from the local Police tomorrow. To ban Town supporters from pubs is ridiculous. Have recently been to both Millwall and Rotherham, not the most genteel of areas, seen no evidence of any misbehaviour. Pubs visited before the game caused no aggro whatsoever, just plenty of banter and rehearsals for OTBC. At Rotherham when we left there must have been around 150 riot clad police seeing us leave. Surely if anyone was going to cause trouble they would wait until well away from the Police. In the days of mobile phones etc the police need say three vans strategically placed at the ready and move to stop trouble and apply on the spot fines.The appearance of mounted police just further antagonises people.

I agree at Rotherham the police segregation after the game was way OTT, no problems at all between the fans.

After the away leg I personally saw one of the scum fans being led away in handcuffs so realistically they have to be prepared for trouble tomorrow. And I thought they''d approached local pubs but the pubs all said they wanted to be for home fans only, which is their choice and not the police decision.

Agree at Rotherham the police presence was massive, (outnumbered the fans) especially after the game when walking back to the car which was parked by the station. Thought at Portaloo Rd it added a sense of realism, as walked to the ground we had middle aged women with their other halves even giving us a load of obscenity''s (made me laugh) but the plod being out in numbers I think deterred any trouble escalating, IMO cant have it all.

Being honest if fans were given free reign to go where they like prior to and after this fixture I think there would inevitably be quite a lot of trouble, especially tomorrow with what is at stake.

I was amazed at how they let the fans mingle on the walk back to the station after the league game at Carrow Road. If they do the same again tomorrow then i think it will majorly kick off as one set of fans is going to be deeply unhappy. It will be interesting to see if the policing is tighter.

Two points;

Rotherham had a heavy Police presence as a result of serious trouble which occurred during and after their game with Millwall. It was over the top for Norwich of course, however it was deemed necessary to show that trouble was being stamped out promptly. More for show than necessity on that occasion.

Norwich publicans have actually chosen not to allow Ipswich fans in. Norfolk Police would rather they had a pub but it seems the local landlords and ladies simply do not want them in!

What a stupid complaint. Thousands of young drunk rowdy males in a confined area, and you worry about police keeping the peace?

What if your dad was the cop, or your sister? Would you be upset they came home unscathed because the city saw fit to make sure things stayed peaceful?

I think there is a danger of it being ''toxic'' tomorrow, especially for the losers. Hopefully it''s not the case but you can see it boiling over.

Also after the incidents of fans being attacked (Nick Cruwys & Simon Dobbin more recently) after a match, I''d rather people were safe. No one should go to a football match & not come home.

There was a pub in Thorpe that was willing to take binners and had verbally agreed over the phone, the police got wind of it and told the pub they couldn''t serve anyone until 11.30.

Can you imagine the flak the police would get if they took a laissez-faire approach to tomorrow''s game and it all kicked off with damage to property and fights in the street?

I''d say that the appearance of mounted police only antagonises people who want to be antagonised. It''s a deterrent.

Problem with the mounted police is it gets the Scummers horney.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]There was a pub in Thorpe that was willing to take binners and had verbally agreed over the phone, the police got wind of it and told the pub they couldn''t serve anyone until 11.30.[/quote]Apparently the Town House on Yarmouth Road is allowing them in from 10:30

Just looked on twtd, the manager of the townhouse has said they are welcome to go on there as long as it''s kept off social media !! Anyone want to tweet Norfolk constabulary ?

[quote user="vos"]I see another total over reaction from the local Police tomorrow. To ban Town supporters from pubs is ridiculous. [/quote]There is NO ban. Why haven''t you read the police comments about this ? What has happened is that that NO Norwich pub has come forward to be a designated town supporters pub. And why should they ? Why would they want all the aggro that will undoubtedly come from both sets of fans ?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]What a stupid complaint. Thousands of young drunk rowdy males in a confined area, and you worry about police keeping the peace?

What if your dad was the cop, or your sister?
Would you be upset they came home unscathed because the city saw fit to make sure things stayed peaceful?[/quote]I would have disowned them by the time I was old enough anyway.

I expect we will now be thrown out of the league by the FA, the pitch will have to be totally re-laid and dozens of police officers will have to take weeks of work to recover from post traumatic stress disorder. Radio Norfolk were earlier reporting that at least three police horses will have to be put down due to the shock of fans being near them. i know that at least six City players are on twitter talikng about walking away from the game, and McNally said the first aid were struggling to cope with the huge numbers of fans who collapsed at the site of fans celebrating.Otherwise good on yer ! Very rarely have we achieved things at home games. Today was special, and so was celebrated in true supporter fashion. Well done to all who were on the pitch.

I understand that around 50 asthmatic people in the ground died from the green smoke bombs that were let off at the end of the game, so spare a thought for them and their loved ones amongst this time of celebration...

["ArfurSowf"] I expect we will now be thrown out of the league by the FA, the pitch will have to be totally re-laid and dozens of police officers will have to take weeks of work to recover from post traumatic stress disorder. Radio Norfolk were earlier reporting that at least three police horses will have to be put down due to the shock of fans being near them. i know that at least six City players are on twitter talikng about walking away from the game, and McNally said the first aid were struggling to cope with the huge numbers of fans who collapsed at the site of fans celebrating.Otherwise good on yer ! Very rarely have we achieved things at home games. Today was special, and so was celebrated in true supporter fashion. Well done to all who were on the pitch.

Never a truer set of words said!

With proper supervision, peaceful pitch invasions celebrating a teams success does no one any harm! Passion is what the game and supporting your team is about!

1st decent proper home fans pitch invasion at Carrow Road since the Milk cup semi final in 1985!

I was physically attacked by a woman in Barclay B block who was screaming and bawling at people enjoying themselves on the pitch (I had just got back into the stand). Apparently the club were "Going to be banned from Wembley because of you lot"....! If it wasn`t so sad it would be funny. There is absolutely nothing you can do for these people- they are simply clueless. Well done to everyone who got on. A proud, proud day for the true supporters.

I was disappointed that they did not conciously allow fans on the pitch. In the N & P the stewards were forcibly pushing people back ( but not able to stop hundreds get through, but the Club missed the point of the celebrations, reading them as wanting to get at the Binner fans. NO, it was to celebrate our team, with our fans, I couldn''t give a hoot about anything in blue, come the final whistle

ALL other play off games, have seen ''pitch invasions'' purely for celebration purposes. I haven''t seen (but will stand corrected) any reports about violence against any Binner fans or even their players who (unwisely I felt) went over to their fans at the final whistle

Went to the Town House for a meal after the game and found three police wagons outside.Turned out that there were about ten Al Murray look-alike Ipswich fans drinking on the terrace out the back. The police kept coming into the pub to check on them until they all left around 4.30.The landlord told me that there''d been about 30/40 in there pre-match and there''d been no trouble at all.One of them asked if I''d been to the match. I said no and asked how they got on. Lost 3-1 says he and reckoned Norwich will go up.Clearly recognises class when he sees it. Good man.... [:D]