Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF Special with our Six-Pack and Ray

Thanks to our

play-off campaign, and Gingerpele’s unlucky 5/6 in week 40, Rays Funds goes

into extra time. This week the top three in both the main league and the

profitability league are going to select six games to use up our free accumulator

with Bill Hill. So we have Tilly,

Chelle, Purple, Lapps, Mandie
and

Yellowfuture
will pick a result each to make up the accumulator. So no

suggestions are needed for the six matches.

But we do need

suggestions for the 2nd leg of the play-off semi. I’m really pleased

to introduce the top poster known as Ray to select from your options. Ray

kindly agreed after I accosted him on the main board earlier this week. He’s a

poster I really enjoy and I’ve noticed to be quite knowledgeable. Especially

when selecting teams for the forthcoming matches! I love it every time someone

new helps us because Rays Funds belongs to everyone on this message board, not

just us who have been doing this for years. So good luck this week Ray, all us

PUPs are right behind you with our support. You have £6 to spend so you can choose up to six selections either from the

PUPs suggestions or of your own. Anything you’re not sure of just ask and

someone will help. And please enjoy the experience and come back to help us,

hopefully next week, and definitely next season.

Last

week some more pledges and end of season donations come in. I am totally

humbled by the generosity of you PUPs. As you see on Ray’s signature we now

have £1163 for the season which

means £282 is already banked towards

our next presentation.

Now I’ll hand this week’s thread over to our Six-Pack and Ray. Remember

there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you

to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the

Community Sports Foundation.

Good luck all

you PUPs... Take it away Tilly, Chelle, Purple, Lapps, Mandie, Yellowfuture and

Ray  ... the thread is yours.......[:)].....

As always I leave

you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,4,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,3, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, yes Norfolkchance1

£2038 for the Academy, and £997 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat, Crabbycanary,

Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples, Woostercanary,

City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf, Lappinitup, NWC, Wes

Hooly Fan, Twidio, yes PUPs £381 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with a

Monday Night Special bet. Woostercanary, £36 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with £400

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges we now have a total of £3857. since we

began of which £1163 has been raised

this season with £282 already banked for the 2016 presentation pot.

Six pack ? friggin six pack ? You are dealing with your champagne pickers Nutty not something you get from the local Aldi or Lidl ! [;)]

Right........LET''S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! [<:o)]Rangers (10-5-3-43-21) have a 2-1 lead over Queen of the South (4-8-6-26-27) from the first leg of the play-offs. Home advantage should see them progress.Rangers v Queen of the South.......Home win.For the Norwich bet I''m sticking with a City win and Redmond to score.Good luck to all and thanks Eddie. [Y]

Best of luck to the six-pack PUPs!

As for the Norwich bet ~ still sticking with Howson to score any time!

Good Luck, Ray

First off, congratulations and the very best of luck to the Golden Six.

And welcome Ray, best of luck...

Fancy quite a tight start to the game so how about HT/FT Draw/City and a goal for Alex Tettey at some point.

A very good evening to you Nutty and wishing every success to my fellow pickers.

My effort is an AWAY WIN for PORTO v Belenenses in Portugal.

My selection for our new friend Ray is Super Bradley Johnson at anytime.

Evening all, my selection is Bayer Leverkusen to beat 1899 Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga. They have been lucky for me in the past so fingers crossed.

I must say a big "well done" to Nutty for organising this every week and also to all the other Pups who help out.

For the City bet, Norwich to win 2-0.

Good luck everyone.

I have a question, nutty, or for anyone else who knows. With the NCFC bet are the bets only valid, as I suspect, for the scheduled 90 minutes, or does extra-time count? So, for example, would "Hooper last goal" mean the last goal in normal time or would it count if he scored the winner in extra time?

I''ve always understood its 90 mins unless specifically stated. 90 mins to include added on time but not extra time.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ve always understood its 90 mins unless specifically stated. 90 mins to include added on time but not extra time.[/quote]Thanks nutty!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the intro Nutty and to all the rest of you for your warm welcome and good wishes.

This obviously requires serious thought and as this weekend is really all about NCFC I am tempted for all 6 selections to centred around Saturday''s game, but not settled on that yet.

My feeling is that Hoolahan will replace Redmond in the starting 11, so I will probably steer clear of Redders scoring, although he may well come on and score the winner of course.

I also heard a rumour that E Benno almost came on at half time last week to replace Whitts, so may go for a long shot involving Benno??

I hear the squad is very confident of a good result and I think if we can get a reasonably early goal the force will be with us and have a feeling we may score a goodly number, I''m thinking 4 - 0 (or 4 - 1).

The Ipswich long ball game will not work as well at CR as it did in the away leg, especially as I think I''m correct in saying, they have shrunk their pitch to the minimum allowed, so a long ball really is a long ball, insomuch as it lands far closer to our goal than ''normal''.

Assuming my predicted starting line up, onlly one outfield player is yet to score this season, Mr Seb Bassong, so could also be worth a punt??

All other views and information welcome.

Thanks.

Ray

Great post Ray and food for thought.

Over the years I''ve been continually amazed by the coincidences that happen on Rays Funds. So there''s really only one suggestion for me this week:-

Russell Martin to score anytime.

Now Tilly - Did you want me to rename the team "The Five-Pack with Champagne Charlie"? ;)

Good Luck to our Super Six this week, no matter what happens we are all winners on this fantastic thread💛💚💛💚 Welcome Ray and good luck to you with the match bet. I''ll go for Sebastian Bassong to score last in a 2-1 win ( a stunning header from a corner in the 88th minute ) Hope all the PUPsters enjoy a wonderful, winning Saturday⚽️💛⚽️💚⚽️ x

Good luck to our Prosecco PUPs (you will be upgraded to Champagne upon our successful qualification for Wembley on Saturday) – everything crossed that you can add to our phenomenal total for the season!And welcome aboard Ray, very impressed with your analysis. Something, however, urges me to offer a cautionary note – we are notoriously unreliable at home this season, and should (heaven forbid) we concede the first goal, that ugly direct style may leave us vulnerable to the counter-attack. Much as I''d love to agree with your optimistic analysis, I think this one will be a lot tighter – as such, Norwich to win on penalties at 10/1 looks like generous odds considering away goals are not a factor.Good luck all, including Alex Neil and his hardy warriors...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Good luck to our Prosecco PUPs (you will be upgraded to Champagne upon our successful qualification for Wembley on Saturday)
[/quote]

1. Drag Link/Photos HereDrop LinkDrop PhotoDrop Photos

2. News Feed

George Wickham''s photo.

News Feed

@TastesofAnglia: Beccles Food and Drink Festival 9.30am - 5.30pm 30th May http://t.co/xyHobSktDw … …

https://twitter.com/TastesofAnglia/status/598554448236027904

February 2015 The FARMA Trade Show. Wednesday 25th February 2015  Part of: THE NATIONAL FARM RETAIL AND MARKETS ASSOCIATION (FARMA) ANNUAL CONFERENCE  Click here for the Trade Show pack .  ToA...

t.co

@FemAleFestival: Sign up for a session of cheese and FEM.ALE beer matching with @SchoolofBooze principle Jane Peyton on Sat 23rd May! https://t.co/c6WyYglC9z

https://twitter.com/FemAleFestival/status/597814585169678337

The Plasterers Arms presents Beer and Cheese Tasting at 43 Cowgate using Yapsody, Inc.. Get your tickets now.

t.co

The Glamour of Cocktails May 06, 2015 / 0 comment / Lady Mai-Tai With a cocktail in your hand you hold yourself differently It was last Wednesday afternoon, when one of our loyal customers popped in to our...

www.summitsupplies.co.uk

Another one for you George.

Women Who Love Wine''s photo.

Hi Guys,

OK, having given this some further thought and having taken note that Nutty has twice mentioned RM scoring (and all other inputs of course) I am considering the following at the moment (nothing too safe on the basis if we’re going for it, let’s go for it).

£1 on 1st Goal Scorer = SB @ 33:1 (hasn’t scored this season so is due one)

£2 on RM to score at any time @ 9:2 (another screamer would do and Nutty’s nap)

£1 on NCFC to win both halves @17:5 (fancy this is definitely on the cards)

£1 on NCFC to win 4 – 1 @ 33:1 (as good a guess as any and pays well)

£1 on A penalty to be awarded @ 3:1 (there always seems to be a penalty at these types of games?)

Any thoughts guys?

Ray

Hello Nigel,I think we should be beating Ipswich 3-1 on Saturday to secure a day out at Wembley.Good luck to the six pickers and of course to Ray too.

Evening everyone and thank you to Nigel for allowing me to part of the Six Pack!!

My pick is:

MONACO -v- Metz HOME WIN

Good Luck everyone for what I hope will be a cracking weekend for us all!!!

Thanks for this opportunity Nutty, and good luck to the other members of the six-pack. My choice, Sunday evening, Serie A

AS Roma to win at home vs Udinese

And I''m sticking with a long overdue goal for Seb Bassong. Best of luck Ray.

My little boy says a 5-1 win, so i''ll pass that on as his/our suggestion- With johnson, bassong, jerome, jerome again and redmond to score (in that order) in front of a crowd of 26,894. Should be decent odds.

OTBC!

jb,

At a rough calculation that would pay approx 2.5m :1 before the crowd calculation, which I''m guessing would be appox 100:1, so make that about 1/4 Billion:1, happy days.

If you can find someone to take the bet put 1p on and walk away with £2.5m.

Your son and I are on a similar wavelength, I reckon 4-1, but would be happy for him to be right.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers.

Ciao Pupi,

Given what we have seen so far, we can envisage Ipswich playing in a similar vein and hoping for ricochets, knock downs and errors. Norwich will endeavour to take control of the game from early and dominate in midfield his weight of possession and look for quality from Wes, or a good strike or moment of quality, which numerous others are capable of.

To that end two possible scenarios stand out. A tight game with perhaps another 1-1 score line and Norwich to win on penalties or Norwich to achieve dominance, impose their style of play and win well scoring 3 or 4 with perhaps a single Ipswich reply.

Quality to come to the fore.

Parma