Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Its a real shame that

Alex Neil said on the radio yesterday that he''s not the type of manager to pin quotes from the opposition on the dressing room wall as motivation given the amount of ammunition the sc*m have been providing this week.

Following on from Paul Anderson proclaiming how they expect to beat us comfortably we''ve not got Cole Skuse saying "we are obviously going there expecting to win."

Add to that the ex Ipswich legends trying to crank up the pressure as well and there has been a lot of gobbing off going on down the road. All i''ve heard from our end is that if we play well we think we''ve got a good chance.

Never has a team supposedly taken so much belief from a poor 1-1 draw in their home leg of a playoff final. If we actually play well there are in for a shock.

The players will be aware of those comments anyway.

I don''t think AN needs that sort of help in motivating players.

Saturday I am more concerned about us being focused without losing it (Grabben vs Rotherham) and out of the blocks quickly. At their place they created one of their best chances a few minutes in and Boro were all over us from the start. Can''t let that happen again.

It show a forward thinking manager, putting a pin in the door will cause damage to the door, eventually there will be a situation where nothing needs to be pinned to the door if the pin is removed it will leave an unsightly hole which will either have to filled in or in some extreme circumstance lead to the replacement of the door, this will cost money, that money could be better used in the transfer budget, something we''d all agree is a better option.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]What AN says to the media, will not be 100% same as what he says to the players[/quote]

That''s my exact feeling too Crabby, I''m reading the comparatively dignified silence from our camp as a more measured reading of who''s actually really focused and confident. All this spouting off, is to me at least, a sign of fear - if those down the road were as calm and assured about their visit to East Anglia''s premier football club as they are publicly perceiving, then we wouldn''t be hearing them shooting their mouth(s) off I''m sure. Actions speak louder than words. As ICF has stated, the players will be well aware of the Ipshite comments, and I''m sure they''ve mentally got that ''pinned to the dressing room wall''. Bring it on OTBC

Yep Alex, the Binners are trying all the tactics under the Sun to rattle us. The classic underdog spoutings

TCCanary - the voice of calm reason again, when all around are frantic

[quote user="TCCANARY"]It show a forward thinking manager, putting a pin in the door will cause damage to the door, eventually there will be a situation where nothing needs to be pinned to the door if the pin is removed it will leave an unsightly hole which will either have to filled in or in some extreme circumstance lead to the replacement of the door, this will cost money, that money could be better used in the transfer budget, something we''d all agree is a better option.[/quote]I completely agree TCC. You just cant buy one pinhole''s worth of filler, you have to buy the whole bloody tub. Then there''s the paint......The club''s decorator (who lives at Barnham Broom) will invoice the club for the journey in, actually filling the hole and waiting time while the filler dries before he can apply undercoat. He will then have to make another trip to apply the topcoat. Of course, you can''t just paint over the repair as it will look odd so the whole door will need repainting. Obviously, the new shiny door won''t match the faded, jaded frame....which won''t match the skirting board....which won''t match the......You get my drift, the whole room will have to be repainted. Alex Neil, being a thrifty Scotsman, will be well aware of this and won''t be pinning anything on the door. He will know this money can go towards buying a new player............or the whole Ipswich team. [:S]

There is, what I perceive, a marked difference between the two clubs in pre-match in their approach to this game.There seems to be a lot of noise coming from the Ipswich camp, whilst next to nothing from our boys.Apart from McCarthy himself, we have their players (more latterly Cole Skuse) and ex-players such as Matt Holland all shooting their mouths of at regular intervals and more or less telling the faithful how well they will do and how the real pressure is on us.  Because I am not local, and therefore don''t see the local press, there seems to be a wall of silence from NCFC. Even the reporter''s friend Russel Martin has kept tight lipped.Is it Alex Neil''s instructions to quietly get on with the preparations whilst the opponents wind themselves up in the way they are doing? Talk is cheap, it''s that ninety minutes that count.I prefer our way.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Alex Neil said on the radio yesterday that he''s not the type of manager to pin quotes from the opposition on the dressing room wall as motivation given the amount of ammunition the sc*m have been providing this week. Following on from Paul Anderson proclaiming how they expect to beat us comfortably we''ve not got Cole Skuse saying "we are obviously going there expecting to win." Add to that the ex Ipswich legends trying to crank up the pressure as well and there has been a lot of gobbing off going on down the road. All i''ve heard from our end is that if we play well we think we''ve got a good chance. Never has a team supposedly taken so much belief from a poor 1-1 draw in their home leg of a playoff final. If we actually play well there are in for a shock.[/quote]

I was really pleased that on watching the interviews after the match they stated that no dressing room doors were harmed during the victory over 1p5witch.

Funny, we''ve not heard anymore about that binner who punched a hole in his celing. But USAF Lakenheath did pick up the word ''b0llocks ! '' very audibly across the whole of Suffolk at around 1.40pm on Saturday. Personally I''m more concerned about that gap we had to mind. Does anyone know where it has gone ?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Alex Neil said on the radio yesterday that he''s not the type of manager to pin quotes from the opposition on the dressing room wall as motivation given the amount of ammunition the sc*m have been providing this week.

Following on from Paul Anderson proclaiming how they expect to beat us comfortably we''ve not got Cole Skuse saying "we are obviously going there expecting to win."

Add to that the ex Ipswich legends trying to crank up the pressure as well and there has been a lot of gobbing off going on down the road. All i''ve heard from our end is that if we play well we think we''ve got a good chance.

Never has a team supposedly taken so much belief from a poor 1-1 draw in their home leg of a playoff final. If we actually play well there are in for a shock.[/quote]
I''d leave it to Nelson - not Lord Nelson - to have the last words on that.
[img]http://s12.postimg.org/kp0swtj8t/nelson.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Jim Smith"]Alex Neil said on the radio yesterday that he''s not the type of manager to pin quotes from the opposition on the dressing room wall as motivation given the amount of ammunition the sc*m have been providing this week.

Never has a team supposedly taken so much belief from a poor 1-1 draw in their home leg of a playoff final. If we actually play well there are in for a shock.[/quote]
I''d leave it to Nelson - not Lord Nelson - to have the last words on that.
[img]http://s12.postimg.org/kp0swtj8t/nelson.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Pretty sure Admiral Lord Nelson''s last words before he died gloriously were in Fact.... "Ha Ha"