Sign in to follow this  
daz

Andreu

couldnt get to the game today as family birthday. but saw he came on last 25mins ?

how was he ? was Redmond tired or not playing great or different tactics perhaps to sub ...

He chased around a lot but today he looked a little lightweight being pushed off the ball a little too easily at times. The ball didn''t really come his way very much in the time that he was on. It was a good substitution as Redmond looked a bit jaded.

Redmond never really got going today, IMO. Though did put in a good corner for BJ goal, Andreu would be hard to give a rating on the amount of minutes he had, he can also deliver a decent corner, and lifted one ball over the defence for Grabban, which almost led to a goal, but i think he is still coming to terms with the league and his new team mates.

He''s clearly got quality but he''s trying too hard at the moment, he''s obviously desperate to impress but it''s to his detriment. AN''s got it right at the moment, he needs to be drip fed first team action until he settles, reminds me of a quick Surman

oh right ok...

yeh at the game last week he was running about and looked bright and not afraid of a shot which is a good thing...

mind u I think as whole we are shooting more as a team..

People aten''t going to lije this but, he was out of the game, looked lost in what he was doing, lightweight and reminded me of Fozzy rather than Fabrigas!

Still early days and once setlled hopefully will see more from him.

[quote user="Indy"]People aten''t going to lije this but, he was out of the game, looked lost in what he was doing, lightweight and reminded me of Fozzy rather than Fabrigas!

Still early days and once setlled hopefully will see more from him.[/quote]

All fair so far Indy, he has not had many minutes, but would hoped to have seen some signs showed why we signed him in even that short time, but we will give him time.

He did ok last week, didn''t really get that involved yesterday but that''s often the way things go, not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

My opinion atm would be based on the fact that AN knows a huge huge amount about him and his judgement has been shown to be pretty good so far.

Don''t quite know what people have been expecting to see. He comes on as a late replacement in two games for us, just filling in for the substituted player. Do people expect to see the team suddenly transform itself into an Accies lookalike with Andreu playing a pivotal role?As Jenks says, the one thing we do know is that AN thinks highly enough of him to have made Andreu his first signing. This isn''t an "anything is better than nothing" type signing, or even one based on scouting reports, or a loan to fill a gap in the squad. This is an "I know this player and I want him in my squad" type signing.Personally I''m looking forward to seeing Andreu when AN can properly integrate him into the team. Given the relentlessness of the Championship, that may not happen for some time.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, so thats agreed then, he''s lightweight?[/quote]

We need a reserve whipping boy In Case Whittaker is injured[/quote][:D]

No one is making him a whipping boy but based on yesteday as the question was asked he was out of the game and looked lightweight.

If you saw 25 minutes different then please expand.!

Jesus talk about jumping on whst we saw yesterday....everyone is saying we need more time to make a judgement....calm down....

[quote user="Indy"]No one is making him a whipping boy but based on yesteday as the question was asked he was out of the game and looked lightweight.

If you saw 25 minutes different then please expand.!

Jesus talk about jumping on whst we saw yesterday....everyone is saying we need more time to make a judgement....calm down....[/quote]What made him appear lightweight Indy?Was he bullied out of tackles, for instance?

Yeah what do people actually mean by light weight? Like Wes and Redmond I''ve seen bullied off the ball... Are they lightweight? Or ithat because he wasn''t crashing into tackles like the centre back lump he isn''t?

[quote user="birchfest"]Yeah what do people actually mean by light weight? Like Wes and Redmond I''ve seen bullied off the ball... Are they lightweight? Or ithat because he wasn''t crashing into tackles like the centre back lump he isn''t?[/quote]It just seems a slightly lazy assessment to make, a bit like branding a foreign player "lazy and lacking in commitment"

Yes he was Morty, he didn''t make a significant impact physically or ith pace or getting on the ball.

Sorry but 25 minutes of jogging round the park and being out muscled in the centre makes him lightweight yesterday.

Now I agree he doesn''t have the physical make up of Tettey but if thats the case what did he bring onto the pitch for 25 minutes?

Like I said early to make any judgements but was more Fozzy than Fabrigas as I said. Time will tell.

The next game you can''t go against a Tettey & Hoeson to start, the starting 11 were outstanding and its great to have a bench with so much quality too....add to that Oneil and our mistery Belgium and things look great.

[quote user="Indy"]Yes he was Morty, he didn''t make a significant impact physically or ith pace or getting on the ball.

Sorry but 25 minutes of jogging round the park and being out muscled in the centre makes him lightweight yesterday.

Now I agree he doesn''t have the physical make up of Tettey but if thats the case what did he bring onto the pitch for 25 minutes?

Like I said early to make any judgements but was more Fozzy than Fabrigas as I said. Time will tell.

The next game you can''t go against a Tettey & Hoeson to start, the starting 11 were outstanding and its great to have a bench with so much quality too....add to that Oneil and our mistery Belgium and things look great.[/quote]"25 minutes jogging round the park and being out muscled"?Blimey, sounds like you have made your mind up pretty quickly!

Comments where limit to yesterday''s performance, and many said that they will reserve judgement, this seems reasonable! What''s the problem?

I have been reading this message board for years and it seems some people have an axe to grind with certain posters. Please if people know each other personally then sort you problems out in person!

[quote user="alartz"]Whittaker is the weak link. He''s awful. Can''t believe wolves didn''t get the ball more down that side of the pitch. Proves how bad wolves actually were[/quote]

Perhaps the fact they didn''t  get the ball more makes that assessment unfair and inaccurate.

I agree with the comment above re lightweight. In the two glimpses I''ve seen so far I don''t think he looks strong enough and you can tell he''s having to step up a level. Hopefully that will come and I''m not going to write him off yet because by all accounts he has some talent but I don''t want to see him above Wes in the pecking order because right now he does not look in the same class.