Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

For anyone interested in joining our PUPs threads.

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds Thread: -

These

threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for

the Academy. There’s a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from

all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results

from the weekends football fixtures. As from August 2013 we have been raising

money for the Community Sports Foundation. Us PUPs all decided that whilst the academy

has so much investment our funds didn’t make a difference in the way they had

in the past. The football club supported us through the change and support us

the same now as when the funds went to the academy.

How It Works : -

Every

Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers''

(PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are

listed on William Hill or Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker

from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet

and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday morning. The PUPs rota is

made up of the previous season’s top 40.

This used to

be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no

requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These

donations are made to me personally or via paypal. 

For the last

two seasons an anonymous benefactor funded a match bet where PUPs choose how to

spend £6 betting on the weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions are made on

the thread from which the week’s nominated picker can make a choice or go with

their own.

How much have we raised? : -

So far we

have raised £2038 for the academy and £1417 for the CSF making £3455 in total.

There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a

lot of fun trying. The money raised for the CSF over the 13/14 season paid for

the Norwich Downs Syndrome’s fixture against Northampton in February 2015 and

paid for the players to go to the Blackpool game afterwards. Here’s some of our

PUPs at a recent DS training session.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just

register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on

the thread which is up every Wednesday during the season. Or email me on canaryeddie@aol.com if you''d like a bit more information. 

Great stuff Trish. Yes it is you. And NWC doing the Norwich match picks.

But the from the second week of March until the end of the season I haven''t got the Norwich match picks covered. And I promised our anonymous benefactor that I would try and get new hungry PUPs to make the picks. So Daz and all you others who don''t usually join our thread I''m asking for your help in spending our benefactor''s money during those months.

Great stuff Willy. Sorry this took a while but I''ve been having problems with this quaint little web site[;)] But being the best football community on the net helps make up for the poor functionilaty of the site!

I''ll be putting the new thread up this evening. Just jump on and join in. Any questions just ask. 

I''ll be back Nutty! Very sorry for my absence once again,and also did I ever explain why I missed the quiz you invited me too? Sorry about that as well!!

I''ve had a wonderful day Dundee and the half-time presentation went really well buddy. Our four representatives did us proud at half-time. As did the DS players. And it was a real joy to watch them all parade if front of the Jarrold stand. It was also terrific to watch them play their match against Lincoln at lunchtime. This is the third time I''ve spent time with this DS group and each time has been a wonderful experience. I can''t wait for the next time.

Emma from the CSF has sent me a picture of the two teams with us PUPs at Carrow Park earlier in the afternoon. And I''m sure there will be more pictures to come. I''ll post it below with her message. Unfortunately when I post pics on here they are usually formatted wrong. If this is the case again I''m sure someone will sort it out and repost. : -

Great to see you all again today, thank you for your support half time was amazing. Will send more photos later in week smile emoticon ‪#‎otbc‬

"Great to see you all again today, thank you for your support half time was amazing. Will send more photos later in week :) #otbc"

And here''s our four representatives on the pitch at half-time. They did us proud.

Mandie Thorpe''s photo.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And here''s our four representatives on the pitch at half-time. They did us proud.

Mandie Thorpe''s photo.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear Nutty is this really the best you could come up with......A ginger, a gravy swilling Northener, an alcoholic plus a reject from the Dad''s Army auditions ? [:P]

Blimey they don''t even scrub up that good. [;)]

Nigel,

I have enjoyed participating in the PUPs match picks this season though I have indulged myself by seeking to identify potential draws, rather unsuccessfully as only 10 in 28 picks were correct. As the Everton-WBA was the subject of a Monday night special the residual “strike rate” is 1/3.

You reminded me early in the season that the match picks should be complementary to an accumulator bet and therefore my draw tips, whilst offering favourable odds, were not reliable enough to be helpful picks. I accept the point and I have calculated when my picks were successful a £1 bet would have yielded £32.65. Yankee Canary pointed out that the Saturday bet was £10 on six bets so I have multiplied the total by 10/6, or £54.42 in total. This doesn’t quite pick up the multiplicative effect of an accumulator bet so I have rounded this up to £75 to reflect the mouth-watering odds that Tilly et al regularly attain!

I’ve transferred this to your account and thank you, once again, for allowing me to be part of such a marvellous project.

All received with many thanks Wooster. In fact thanks doesn''t do it justice. Would be more accurate to say that I''m totally humbled by the generosity of you PUPs and blown away by what you have all achieved this season in support of the CSF Norwich Down''s Syndrome football team. The money will go straight into the pot for the next presentation that already stands at £282.

I''ve particularly enjoyed your approach with the draws and as other PUPs have said your picks have been considered in the final selections. I think you have been a huge asset all season because you have increased the options for the PUP in the hot seat. You are now an important cog in the Rays Funds wheel and we need you next season and beyond.

The pups threads really are the most heart warming threads on this forum, people''s generosity and the friendship formed are a real credit to everyone.

Nutty has done an incredible job in keeping this going and I know that the CSF people are truly grateful for the help they are getting and it makes a real difference to them
Lets never forget the charming kind & funny man who started this Ray Ducker, better known as Arrdee, he would be so proud of you Nutty and of all the pups
 [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncfc5/media/Friends/walshp20090116165608.png.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/Friends/walshp20090116165608.png[/IMG][/URL]

Bit late but no worries. Got a couple of bets on. You have to cheer for Juve to win by one. If tbey can''t do that then hope Messi and Tevez score.

Sorry Nutty. I think yesterday was God''s way of telling me to keep clear of gambling. I stank.......

Let that be a lesson for you, young Herman. If you want to help the CSF then just give them a donation. Don''t get involved in this gambling malarky. I have seen many ppl drawn into gambling through simple things like this scheme and they''ve ended up hooked on gambling and lost every thing they ever owned.

House, car, marriage, all gone through gambling, and started with scratch cards and stuff.

Did you ever see a poor bookie? I think not.

And this pups thing all started by a bookie giving you puppies the come on Don''t be fooled. Make a donation if you want but gambling is a mug''s game.

If this is an attempt at humour with regard to having a go at the best thread on the message board enjoyed by virtually all regular posters it registers as a massive FAIL.

However judging by the rant you had last night littered with obscenities on another thread may I politely suggest you ''do one'' and keep your nose out.

Nutty,

I would like to add to the excitement and donate £10 to be placed on a bet of your choice, although I fancy a 3 - 1 win to NCFC, two things, where do I send the money (bacs I presume) and if you think it can be made better use of then I shall leave that to you.

Cheers

Ray