Sign in to follow this  
morty

Flying under the radar.

Just been watching The Football League Show (Cody just scored, but thats a whole other subject).

Nobody seems to have taken much notice about us creeping into the top six, the guy on there intimated that there is usually a side that gatecrashes the top six late on, and rides the momentum, and considered that anyone in the top 8 still has a chance.

Overall if you look at a lot of the neutral press though, people really haven''t noticed us very much yet.

I suspect if we beat Watford though, the cat could well be out of the bag.

This happened the last time we got promoted. Alot of talk about whether Cardiff could do it after keep bottling it, about Swanseas amazing football, about Readings massive run of wins in the 2nd half of the season. We went under the radar and thats how we like it.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m just dismayed that we haven''t kept up with Fulham and Cardiff.
[/quote]No ambition[:(]Houghton out.

How have we stayed under the radar?

Changed managers and back room staff more times than hot dinners. We''ve been the medias joke they''ve forgotten about where we are in the league. Long May that part continue

[quote user="alartz"]How have we stayed under the radar?

Changed managers and back room staff more times than hot dinners. We''ve been the medias joke they''ve forgotten about where we are in the league. Long May that part continue[/quote]We clearly view different media.I haven''t seen very much interest at all, either negative or positive.A friend of mine tweeted a picture of the Guardians match report from Saturday, it was literally 3 or 4 lines on a side column.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]How have we stayed under the radar?

Changed managers and back room staff more times than hot dinners. We''ve been the medias joke they''ve forgotten about where we are in the league. Long May that part continue[/quote]We clearly view different media.I haven''t seen very much interest at all, either negative or positive.A friend of mine tweeted a picture of the Guardians match report from Saturday, it was literally 3 or 4 lines on a side column.[/quote]

i bet stephen frys wedding had a glossy supplement to celebrate it though [:)]

To be fair there''s also been very little media attention to the dismal failings of Cardiff and Fulham. Perhaps it''s what they actually expect to happen? Anyone know if their fans are taking it as hard as some of ours have been taking our results this season?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

To be fair there''s also been very little media attention to the dismal failings of Cardiff and Fulham. Perhaps it''s what they actually expect to happen? Anyone know if their fans are taking it as hard as some of ours have been taking our results this season?

[/quote]Perhaps a reflection on the perceived size of the three clubs?Not like any of us are a Man City or Newcastle, in their eyes.Can''t say I actually know any Cardiff or Fulham fans.

One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".

[quote user="portman_king"]One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".
[/quote]

It must be a bit like your fans who say "we''re in the top six, so what.....we still won''t go and watch them"

[quote user="portman_king"]One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".[/quote]Which surely applies at least as much to Cardiff and Fulham too? Not to mention those championship regulars with wealthy owners who got so excited at the future riches they would be spunking to spring into the PL.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="portman_king"]One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".[/quote]

It must be a bit like your fans who say "we''re in the top six, so what.....we still won''t go and watch them"

[/quote][:D]

There is usually one club that look promising for promotion but then crash and burn under the pressure. I think we need to look no further than the other end of the A140

The more the National media ignores or rubbishes us the easier it will be for City imo.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="portman_king"]One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ, bit precious this morning!

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Christ, bit precious this morning!

[/quote]I think the phrase you are looking for is "Factually correct"You''re welcome.

I''ve been thinking the same thing; hardly any media attention whatsoever regarding Norwich''s progression. 5 wins in 7 is good by most peoples standards - however it isn''t really newsworthy yet. We''ve certainly got traction which can probably be described as ''momentum'' should we successfully beat Watford. Recently beating top-of-the-league Bournemouth should have our lads feeling quielty confident of doing so too.

Flying under the radar is a pleasant place to be as we prepare for the weekend!

Not that surprising. When was it the last time we were in the top six? November? What they see is probably an inconsistent midtable side that keeps failing to reduce the deficit with those on top. Let''s face it, from the pundits'' point of view that''s not too interesting. Even a struggling Fulham has more potential as a story. But if we keep our consistent form under our new manager, they''ll certainly discover our media potential.

I would tend to disagree that we are doing anything under the radar.  Those above us will be well aware of our resurgence, the grape vine in football is massive - and the media respond to where you are in the table more than anything else.  I would say we are back in focus having reached the top six again and should we carry on our good form, our profile will rise accordingly.  The higher you go, the higher your profile. 

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I''ve been thinking the same thing; hardly any media attention whatsoever regarding Norwich''s progression. 5 wins in 7 is good by most peoples standards - however it isn''t really newsworthy yet. We''ve certainly got traction which can probably be described as ''momentum'' should we successfully beat Watford. Recently beating top-of-the-league Bournemouth should have our lads feeling quielty confident of doing so too.

Flying under the radar is a pleasant place to be as we prepare for the weekend!

[/quote]I think a lot of fans, and clearly pundits, don''t realise just how good our recent record is.Yup, am also completely happy with going about our business, relatively unnoticed, but as I said, beat Watford and I think folks will really sit up and take notice.

Our promotion odds seem to have shortened. The bookies have noticed.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps5ca64a3b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps5ca64a3b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="portman_king"]One would imagine that it''s more a case of the media thinking: "you''re in 6th place, so what... that''s the bare minimum you should have aimed for with the resources and parachute payments at your disposal".
[/quote]

I agree my Scummy friend all we really need to make promotion a certainty is a multi millionaire/billionaire like you have to bankroll our promotion drive as he has done yours.......oh hang on a minute. [;)]