Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Why are the FA not 'Kicking it Out'? (Jerome/Bellusci)

"The document read: “On the balance of probabilities, we find that Mr Bellusci used the word ‘nero’ once, in the context that he claims, and that Mr Jerome misheard or misinterpreted what was said as ‘negro’“Once that misapprehension was planted in his mind, Mr Jerome’s reaction to it was entirely understandable. It inevitably set off an inquiry that was properly pursued and which culminated in this hearing.”

It continued: “In arriving at our decision, the commission reiterates that we found Mr Jerome to be a truthful witness who honestly believed that he had been racially abused. He may well continue to do so."

(from pinkun website)

So am I right in saying that no-one heard what the Leeds defender said, but the FA are now saying Jerome is in the wrong? The ''Not Proven'' verdict was understandable because there was no evidence, it was one person''s word against another. Perhaps I''ve missed something, but don''t know how they can come to this conclusion.

(Perhaps the question is not - ''why are the FA not kicking it out'', but ''why are they taking sides without any evidence?''

Thats not right. They are now telling Jerome he didnt hear what he told them he heard. I agree with the no evidence outcome as its ypur word against his but to now say Jerome didnt hear what he thinks he heard is just plain wrong. Didnt that Tonev at Celtic get something like a 7 game ban for racism. And his case is the same, no evidence, no other witnesses, his word against other chap. I hate the FA they are so old, out dated, outta touch with modern day football.

Like anyone thinks he said something about a black eye. Just everyone avoiding a touchy subject. Just like FIFA lets just brush it all under the carpet and pretend it doesnt happen.