Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Warburton & NCFC Mirror report

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I wonder if their ground is anywhere near up to PL standards. I went there earlier in the season and loved it, proper football ground, but I wonder what the cost would be of improvements. I believe from a friend that there is a new ground being planned but it will be a few years yet.

In a way if they did go up, which is seeming less likely by the minute, it could ruin what they have there. As we have found in the past, the chase is often better than the prize.[/quote]

Last I heard they were looking at ground sharing if promoted because theirs has still got standing.

During one of the match day live text forums on here shortly after Neil was appointed - in fact it may well have been the Brentford one - the host responded to discussion about whether we should have gone for Warburton by saying there was a rumour that he''d been approached, but wasn''t interested. (I think it was Michael Bailey hosting, but not certain).

If that''s true Warburton may be regretting it now.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I wonder if their ground is anywhere near up to PL standards. I went there earlier in the season and loved it, proper football ground, but I wonder what the cost would be of improvements. I believe from a friend that there is a new ground being planned but it will be a few years yet.

In a way if they did go up, which is seeming less likely by the minute, it could ruin what they have there. As we have found in the past, the chase is often better than the prize.[/quote]Info about the new ground hereAs your friend said, will not be ready for a year or two.

Jas, you have also picked up on the "Fernandes Faux-Pas" - tweeting excitedly about having got his man, then promptly promoting Chris Ramsey as his manager - sounds like he got carried away in his enthusiasm then tried to back track and act nonchalantly as if there wasn''t any exciting news.

The story put out by Brentford may have a ring of truth to it - but was possibly used as a cover to justify why NW is not signing an extended contract.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Webbo118"]Sometimes owners get lucky and sometimes they don''t. Time will tell.[/quote]And in the majority of cases luck has very little to do with it, as opposed to a good brain, sound judgement, knowing what you are doing and an ability to see the wood from the trees (or in cases of "bad" luck, the lack thereof).[/quote]

If you say so.