Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Quiz for the oldies

[quote user="TCCANARY"]It''s bottom right ''cos there are two men in that picture.[/quote]Nope, it''s all to do with the names.

This would have been a much sterner test if City 1st was still here.Due to his complete inability to post a picture.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TCCANARY"]It''s bottom right ''cos there are two men in that picture.[/quote]Nope, it''s all to do with the names.[/quote]Are we talking Christian names here, lapps? I think I recognise two (fullback middle top and midfielder/striker bottom) with the same such but have no idea who the other top on the top row are.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TCCANARY"]It''s bottom right ''cos there are two men in that picture.[/quote]

Nope, it''s all to do with the names.
[/quote]

I was correct, it was your question that was wrong.

I don''t know who the bloke with Jimmy Bone is, do we have to know all five names?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TCCANARY"]It''s bottom right ''cos there are two men in that picture.[/quote]Nope, it''s all to do with the names.[/quote]

I was correct, it was your question that was wrong. I don''t know who the bloke with Jimmy Bone is, do we have to know all five names?[/quote] 

No, only the City players (I don''t know the other one either). [:$]

The bloke with Jim Bone is Alan Birchenall (I think?)

2 of the four (exc Birchenall) have the same first name, not sure about top left?

Going with top middle as odd one out.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Are we talking Christian names here, lapps?[/quote]Yes Purps.[/quote]Except that if bottom left is Jimmy Bone, as everyone else thinks, and not Colin Suggett then I am on the wrong specific track![:$]

[quote user="Ray"]2 of the four have the same first name, not sure about top left?

Going with top middle as odd one out.[/quote]Right on Ray. One last clue for you all, they''re all Scottish.Too easy now! [:D]

I don''t know the top left but reckon his first name must be James/Jim so the Colin at top middle would be the odd one out. The Jim top right was Ron Saunders parting gift to Arthur South as his best feature was his ability to imitate a goal post. I nicknamed him offside as he usually was.

Is it top right as he''s the only one who shares his name with a fomer PM?  Now top left (JC) brings back distant memories. I think he came to us from Celtic in the early 60s. Old fashioned Centre Forward.  Happy days.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Is it top right as he''s the only one who shares his name with a fomer PM?  Now top left (JC) brings back distant memories. I think he came to us from Celtic in the early 60s. Old fashioned Centre Forward.  Happy days.[/quote]

My memory is usually not very good but, on this one, I''m pretty sure that Jim Conway came to us from St, Mirren.

[quote user="lake district canary"]PS, is there a prize??  [:^)] [A] 

[/quote]

A night out with Morty

"nd prize is 2 nights out with Morty.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]PS, is there a prize??  [:^)] [A] 

[/quote]

A night out with Morty

"nd prize is 2 nights out with Morty.

[/quote]Oh good, I would love to meet Lakey.[:)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]PS, is there a prize??  [:^)] [A]  [/quote]

A night out with Morty

"nd prize is 2 nights out with Morty.[/quote]

[*-)] In that case the answers were Sandy Kennon, Max Briggs, Duncan Forbes and David Cross. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]PS, is there a prize??  [:^)] [A]  [/quote]

A night out with Morty

"nd prize is 2 nights out with Morty.[/quote]

[*-)] In that case the answers were Sandy Kennon, Max Briggs, Duncan Forbes and David Cross.[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Jack Flash"]Is it top right as he''s the only one who shares his name with a fomer PM?  Now top left (JC) brings back distant memories. I think he came to us from Celtic in the early 60s. Old fashioned Centre Forward.  Happy days.[/quote]

My memory is usually not very good but, on this one, I''m pretty sure that Jim Conway came to us from St, Mirren.[/quote]I''m sorry Yankee, but Jack is correct......http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Conway,+JamesI think you may have confused him with Tommy Bryceland, who did indeed come from St. Mirren.

Can somebody fill in the missing info or correct me if I am wrong please.

I was at the match when, I believe, Jim Conway played in the 6-0 thrashing of Stoke City at Carrow Road, in their promotion season in the 62/63 season and he scored a hattrick.

The most memorable part of that match (apart from the win) was that Sir Stanley Matthews, at the age of 50, played for Stoke (up against our left back Barry Staton).

I have never seen as many photographers at a match in my life, all hoping to get some goalmouth action involving Matthews. Unfortunately for them all the action was at the other end where there was only about two photographers!