Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

U21 Win vs Citeh

I recommend the highlights from this game if anyone hasn''t seen them. What a goal that first one is - Murphy to Murphy on the counter, finishing all along the ground right in to the corner from a good 25yds. Quality finish and a significant win. You do wonder how some of these kids of ours are going to break in to the first team - it''s almost as if the Murphies play best when they''re both in the side and it''s hard to see that happening.

Still, they must be close - wouldn''t be surprised to see one of them on the bench v Watford.

I think Josh will be in involved at Watford. He was withdrawn after an hour. The twins do play well together. In fact it may be coincidence but Josh''s form seemed to drop when Jake was out on loan. But he did have that to co tend with along side changes in managers and coaches.

The player who impressed me most was Mcgrandles. I think Holty''s given him that third lung!

You went along Nutty?

Interesting re McGrandles. Whose position in the current team is he most suited to? Tettey''s, Howson''s? Is he left or right footed?

It''s a shame Josh can''t transform his confidence in U21 games to the senior team - although he most certainly isn''t the first young player to have that problem.

Can''t see any reason why he wouldn''t be taken off the bench after being there the last few games - although it will be interesting to see who out of Dorrans, Wes and Andreu doesn''t make it.

Tettey or Howson Iguess a1. Its a big step up though. II''ve been to all these games this season . really enjoy them andook forward to them. I tend to watch the games for what they are rather than a view to players breaking into the first team.I was disappointed Ray Grant only had a cameo role last night. Me and my grandson really enjoy watching him. Dont know if he''ll make it or not but really hope he does. He''s a lot like his old man in style.

Think the next one in Mar 9th v Southampton. If we stay in this league this season it will be a great achievement. Last nights win was huge.