Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Line up for Watford Saturday

The best leaders I''ve ever worked for have been the ones who are calm and quietly spoken when everyone''s under pressure.

The worst were the passionate shouters.

I have really have no idea how that translates to football, but personally I don''t see someone screaming at another and think - what inspired leadership.

And Nutty for the record I''ve always been quite happy with Martin at CB, I personally think its the always very vocal minority that have been unhappy with his performances and I think most think he''s done a decent shift, maybe I''m wrong in that perception, but I don''t think so.

No I''m sure you''re not wrong in that perception Monty. But I was talking about posters on here and the "team for whenever" threads.

Nice to see you posting on here again :)

Big big game this, 3 points would be superb. With the top 3 having mini wobbles, now is the time to take advantage and catapult ourselves to within touching distance. Im not saying its a must win game, but it is a must not lose game.

Whisper it quietly, but it just seems like we are seeing the first green shoots of the benefits of having a settled side. So, to my mind it would be silly to start tinkering with it now . Watford seem to have a goal or two in them, so we need solidity born out of understanding at the Vicarage. So, same again please.Incredibly, after the ''bare bones'' Brentford midfield fiasco we seem to have plenty of options in midfield now, so, if things do not go according to plan, AN can easily shuffle it around during the game. Early days I know, but I''ve just got the feeling that he has a lot more of  plan B and plan C about him than either Houghton or Adams ever did.We are sure to pick up the odd injury/suspension over the course of the next few weeks, so the above will be all to the good.

Rus has been a bit up and down this season but what you always get from him is leadership in defence which is absolutely critical in any back four. You do need a shouter who is constantly looking along the line, keeping the defence positioned properly and reading the play. RM does a lot of that and actually for that reason i''d much rather he concentrate on that than on being captain as well. I think your captain can be a shouter and good ones often are - not in a bad way but in a ''making themselves heard'' sense, because a good captain ought to be communicating with the rest of the team pretty regularly and helping to carry the managers instruction on to the pitch. Sure there are examples of the ''lead by example'' passive type captain and those can work but for me, especially in the Championship and in lesser prem sides that aren''t blessed with 11 superstars, i like to see a pro-active captain. The best recent example at CR, well, i don''t need to say do i!

I think dorrans will be straight in. We''ve played brilliant football the last 2 weeks but we''ve done that with Johnson playing out wide slightly out of position. Don''t get me wrong he''s been brilliant out on the left but is more suited centrally. I think the natural width dorrans would provide would improve us even further.

Who to drop? Good question to ask yourself given everybody is playing so well. My favourite attacking midfielder is Howson but I think he might lose out. Could play him behind grabban but think hoopers threat inside the box and the underrated quality chasing lost balls, give and goes and neat little through balls he will be in. it''ll be down to everyone''s different tastes but Id go with

Ruddy

Whittaker martin Bassong olsson

Johnson tettey

Redmond hooper dorrans

Grabban

I''d go with:

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Hooper Dorrans

Jerome

I suspect the actual team will feature Whittaker, Grabban and Howson and the expense of Turner, Hooper and Jerome. I think Dorrans will go straight in.

Right back is the position most in need of change next season with Johnson in as captain.

I think, especially result on Saturday depending, that the Blackburn game would be more likely the match where Dorins might get a start. Just can''t see Neil breaking up a winning formula, looking like the team is finally starting to gel... What''s more is I don''t feel that it''s an overly attacking lineup liable to getting dominated, Tetty in front of the back four seemed to keep quiet a previously impressive Wolves.

Subject to fitness, I reckon;

Ruddy

Whits Martin Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Howson Johnson

Redmond Hooper/Jerome Grabban

I can''t see Dorrans going straight in - because he presumably isn''t 100% match fit and also i think it sends the wrong message to the midfield players (all of them) who performed so well vs Wolves. If they carry out their tasks and duties to the letter, as AN keeps talking about, and we win and keep a clean sheet, there really is no justification in dropping them unless you are going for a significant change of system. And it seems to me like he likes this 4-1-4-1 system so can''t see him changing that either. The only thing i see that will bring about a starting change is if we don''t play Tettey because of his fitness and supposed inability to play twice in a week. But i think that change will happen midweek next week.