Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Line up for Watford Saturday

Different test this weekend, Watford at Vicarage Road will be tough, will AN change anything for this game ? personally I think it will be same 11, with Dorrans on the bench,

Ruddy

Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson,

Tettey

Redmond, Howson, Johnson

Hooper

Grabban

Could be a good game to start Wes, but who would you drop to accommodate, a must win game so need goals, hence I think he will stick with Hoops and Grabban.

I think Dorrans has been brought in so we can play him just off the front in games like this - away from home where you need to dominate the midfield to have a chance,

---------------- Ruddy----------------

whitts. Martin Bassong Olsson

-----------------Tettey-----------------

Redmond Howson Johnson

---------------- Dorrans ---------------

-----------------Grabban ---------------

Subs - Rudd, Garrido, turner, Wes, Andreu, Hooper, Jerome

Same team but lots of options on the bench, we are playing well and nullified a quite pacy Wolves side. What I''d do for a scrappy 1-0

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Same team as Wolves for Saturday, then rest Tettey on Tuesday against Birmingham.[/quote]Agree. I see no reason to change anything, it was a very solid performance, in all departments.

Think I''d probably drop Hooper for this one and replace with Wes/Andreu/Dorrans to give us a more solid midfield. They seem to play 5 in midfield a lot and can see us getting overrun.

Other than that unchanged from last weekend.

Question would be on Dorrans, had limited game time recently, so will depend on how he shows at training, I think he will start one of next 2 games, but most likely for me is Blackburn, one thing for sure AN wont have brought him in to have sitting around.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Question would be on Dorrans, had limited game time recently, so will depend on how he shows at training, I think he will start one of next 2 games, but most likely for me is Blackburn, one thing for sure AN wont have brought him in to have sitting around.[/quote]

That makes sense.  He is in direct competition straight away for a midfield place so the others will have to be at the top of their game to stay in the team. We know AN won''t mess about and if a player does poorly, there are quality options waiting in the wings.  He may well be a sub on Saturday and if he shows well in training, as you say, he will more than likely play a part, depending on how the game goes.

Agree with those who say the same team as ladt saturday. But who do you drop from the bench Andrue or Wes or will it be Murphy out?

We really need a win to heap more pressure on the likes of Boro, Derby & Bournmouth.

If they''reall fit I''d start the same team. Whilewe are winning they deserve to keep the shirts and others will have to wait.

I see all the suggested teams now seem happy with Martin at centre back. That was a cardinal sin earlier in the season.

Reward the players who did so well against Wolves ....... same team.

As has been seen with Dorrans coming in, every area will be looked at with a view to improving and in the future I am sure right back and centre back will also be looked at and improved but at the moment, with who we have available, I am happy with the back four.

''I see all the suggested teams now seem happy with Martin at centre back''....NN

Could this have something to do with RM/ SB partnership being pretty solid?

I do wonder what has happened to Turner?

He can''t be happy having been omitted from match day squad Completely.

For Me, him with Bassong at centre back with Martin moving to right back would be best. I wouldn''t, however, change it at the moment. We are on a good winning run and have been crying out for some consistency in our defensive line up.

As others have said, players like Andreu, Dorrans and even Jerome will need to wait for their chance and then make sure they take it.

Despite difficulties this year our squad is very good and has more depth than most, If not all, of our main competition.

The RM/SB partnership has looked solid. But that would surely suggest the problem was with RM''s previous partners. And as Mr Angry says Whittaker is still right back and it seems people are happy for him to be there. I''m happy though because for me overall I think Whittaker has been our best full back and Martin our best centre back all season.

Nutty,

Only one slight disagreement from me and that is RM has been our best full back and our best centre back overall but you can''t play in 2 positions at the same time (unfortunately).

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty, Only one slight disagreement from me and that is RM has been our best full back and our best centre back overall but you can''t play in 2 positions at the same time (unfortunately).[/quote]

But a truly truly awful captain. Now Seb is back in the fold surely it is just a matter of time before he gets the arm band again. 34 minutes against Wolves one of our players got taken out Seb and Brad were in the Refs face. Where was RM nowwhere to be seen.

Probably worth noting that Bassong is naturally left sided. Others have had to play on their weaker side.

Balance always helps.

[quote user="GJP"]Probably worth noting that Bassong is naturally left sided. Others have had to play on their weaker side.

Balance always helps.[/quote]
That''s true, and i''m always a fan of a left-footed left-sided central defender and a right-footed on the right.
But as has been said, Martin''s done a good job at CB and it appears Alex Neil also see''s him in that position. Also think Whittaker has done well after playing in midfield against Brentford. Must have knocked his confidence but faith shown in him seems to be paying off.

Whits is a massive character and has come through it all with enormous credit. I heard what Adam Drury had to say about it all and he said that the strong characters can handle the boo boys where as weaker players tend to hide in matches.

I''ve noticed that the players who hide rarely attract the boo boys....

Don''t think Bassong would be a good idea for captain,it seemed to affect him last season. I wouldn''t suggest changing captains mid-season anyway but I think Howson would be a good choice for a future captain, I think he was the Leeds captain when he left them.

Same team as saturday, I should think... This is going to be another stern test, but we''re playing well, so no changes imo...

I guess I''m in the minority yet again but I think Martin''s done a pretty

good job as captain. It can''t be easy captaining a side where a lot of the

players have been relegated and are on reduced wages and yet others are on

probably the best contracts of their careers. Martin seems to have the respect

of all and like the whole club seems to be making a better fist of it than the

captains at Cardiff and Fulham. Captaining a team full of momentum like last

time we were in this league must have been easier. I''d stick with him for the

rest of the season at least.

Hopeful,

Let me ask you a question, are you more likely to give a positive response to someone shouiting at you and in your face in an aggressive manner, or someone who approached you in a calm non aggressive manner without raising their voice?

There''s more than one way to be a leader and understanding and working with human nature is key, as is getting into their universe (in a positive manner).