Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

So what is offside FFS

The Preston manager has/wants Man U players on loan! Tbh there''s no real touch on Rooney but I''m not so sure it was a cynical dive either, sometimes momentum of riding a challenge will take you down - I don''t think there''s a ref in the country that wouldn''t have given it.

As for the offside, it is astonishing how things seem to be interpreted from one week to the next, it feels rather random and can''t help players and supporters. I just hope our non-goal at Derby doesn''t have an impact on our final league placing, but feel it might....

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps103640aa.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps103640aa.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I got so angry at that bumbling idiot trying to defend Rooney. It is a very sad state of affairs that he is in charge of our National team, when he comes out with total carp like that.

A person in that position saying stuff like that, shows exactly what is wrong with the game. He is only interested in keeping his job. Neville was just as bad. A ''leg breaker''? give ME a break. The keeper had one foot (and not studs up) towards the ball.

Kilbane''s and even Lineker''s faces were a picture.

If Rooney had an honest determination to get the ball, then the ''fall'' would have taken on a totally different ''look'' about it. The Keeper did not touch him, so there wasn''t anything to make Rooney''s body to contort like that

If someone does that against us, in a crucial game, then are some people on here, saying they would accept it?

He dived.

The FA/Premier league have to protect their brand.. chelski and man city are out.. can you imagine if Man yoo are toppled by the minnows of Preston???

if one of the "big 4" was outside a champions league place on the last day and were playing a Southampton or West Ham who were in that spot.. knowing a win would ensure their place... what decisions would we see?

"11 players fell over in the half way line... that''s 25 penalties!!"

I see that Luis Figo wants to change the offside rule if he is elected FIFA president, so that if you''re in an offside position you are judged offside regardless of whether you are interfering with play.

That seems more sensible than his other plan, which is to extend the World Cup finals to 48 teams..

Re. our disallowed goal against Derby, although Jerome doesn''t touch the ball, he clearly tries to divert it; watch the video clip and you can see his leg swings as the ball passes him. So the linesman is absolutely correct to give him off-side.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Re. our disallowed goal against Derby, although Jerome doesn''t touch the ball, he clearly tries to divert it; watch the video clip and you can see his leg swings as the ball passes him. So the linesman is absolutely correct to give him off-side. [/quote]Just taken a closer look and I was wrong to say Jerome tries to divert the ball. He actually lifts his left leg smartly out of the way to ensure the ball doesn''t hit him. Either way though, he is interfering with play and the decision is correct. There was another similar case in a PL match (can''t remember which) when the offside player open his legs to let the ball run through them.