Sign in to follow this  
ACCIES

Who does Dorrans replace in Midfield?

Ive been following Norwichs exploits with more attention than The Accies recently, due to our meteoric collapse since Sir Alex left.

Was wondering who you reckon will get dropped to allow Dorrans into the starting line up.

Can see it being Hooper as he''s slotted in well to the role behind the main striker,

Don''t see i being tetley as most folk seem happy with his defensive midfield role

From all accounts Johnston has bought into Alex''s pressing style of play

Could it be Redmond.

Knowing Alex pretty well I can''t see him changing his preferred formation for one player.

Be interested to know what your thoughts are.

ps be interested in coming to narrow road later in the season. How easy is it to get tickets..

All the best

good luck to hamilton as well. I think it will depend on who has a bad game tbh. Tettey can''t play every game apparently so for the midweek game Johnson might come into the (centre) midfield to replace him from left mid, then Dorrans could also take that slot on the left.

Can Andreu play on the left? as I understand it he''s a bit like dorrans in that he''s a bit like a number 10 except plays more as a CM?

I doubt he will go straight into the starting line up but I guess you never know. It would be strange if it is for Hooper considering we have Hoolahan and Andreu who can also play there.I suspect it will be one of the other four midfield roles. Possibly for Johnson, or to add competition for Redmond. Perhaps to push Redmond in behind Grabban and Dorrans wide right?All are plausible options which we may not have had before Dorrans arrived.

Midfield have looked solid in recent games, based on a more balanced defence and players who understand their jobs. Tettey''s role will be crucial if promotion is to become reality. Midfield of Redmond, Howson and Johnson, Tettey holding and Hooper off Grabban. Dorrans on the bench tomorrow gives options, O''Neil to return soon, hopefully Ofoe, also Wes and Andreu. Any space for Josh Murphy on the bench?

[quote user="lappinitup"]I think he will take Howson''s place.[/quote]Ooft, controversial!

[quote user="lappinitup"]I think he will take Howson''s place.[/quote]Could be, or could be any of them any of them.  Dorrans can play anywhere in midfield. More likely to be Howson but could equally take the place of Hooper, or one of the wide players.  If he comes in and does well from the bench, which is the most likely scenario imo, the person he replaces could be the one at risk in the next game. 

Away from home i think it will be Redmond or the second striker. At home depends who is fit, Tetty will probably miss midweek games. Howson looks a bit vulnerable. hard to see where Hoolahan or even Andreau getting much game time but great to have quality competition in the squad and the ability to change things from the bench

Its simply competition for places and gives Neil another option if he wants to change the system with players performing different roles..

4-4-2 diamond

4-4-1-1

4-5-1

4-4-2