Sign in to follow this  
pete

You better get used to it

I want the best players and the lowest ticket prices. I want a robust commercially successful business and a community-based club interested in its supporters. I want us to keep pace with other clubs but retain our own identity and ethos.

I want stability and consistency in the club but want the right to boo and demand sackings of the manager, board of directors and owners as and when I see fit.

I am a modern kind of fan. Satisfy me.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Currently a few things trending on twitter about this.Including people asking if we can support the Derby fans protest that they are planning outside Carrow road, against our ticket prices.Whilst I agree that this is a subject that needs addressing, I''m not overly happy with, all of a sudden, how Norwich City is the bad guy in all this.It is a league wide problem, all clubs are guilty of it, and we shouldn''t be singled out.[/quote]Not true. Not all clubs in the Championship charge exhorbitant prices. Certainly nowhere near the extent we do. I don''t have the time to do a proper survey, but our prices for the Derby game range from £38 to £48 for priority members and £40 to £50 for

non-priority.The casual adult prices at Watford tomorrow, which is just as important and high-profile a game as Derby, range from £26 to £31. I don''t at all blame Derby fans for singling us out. Actions have consequences. Anyone who defends our ticketing policy is then not in a position to complain about opposition fans slagging us off in public.
[/quote]It is raining in paradise, so I had a few minutes to look at this a bit

more closely. I haven''t double-checked these figures, so they may not

all be entirely accurate. They are the range of adult prices, generally

paid in advance (I had trouble finding figures for Bolton, Brentford and

Derby):WIGAN: £15-£17.WOLVES versus Derby: £11.50-£14.50.BLACKPOOL: £24-£25.ROTHERHAM: £23-£25.HUDDERSFIELD: £20-£27.BIRMINGHAM: £20-£25.MILLWALL vs Fulham: £22-£30.READING vs Forest: £25-£30.FULHAM vs DERBY: £25-£35.CARDIFF: A top of £33.DERBY: for the home game with Middlesbrough from £19.CHARLTON: £19-£35.SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY: £10-£32.BOURNEMOUTH: £25-£30.NOTTINGHAM FOREST vs Bolton: £23-£28.BLACKBURN ROVERS: £12-£38 (with £15-£33 for away fans).WATFORD vs Norwich: £26-£31.CARDIFF: A top of £33.LEEDS: £27-£40.BRIGHTON: from £30.MIDDLESBROUGH: £21-£33.IPSWICH: £21-£60.NORWICH CITY: £23-£48 (£25-50 non-priority).It

needs to be stressed that I haven''t looked into how often the maximum

prices are charged, and for which parts of the various grounds. But it

is hard to deny that a general picture does emerge. The

argument that we are no worse than anyone else falls to the ground.

Plainly many other Championship clubs are not overcharging, and those

that might be so regarded are not doing it to the extent that we - and

Ipswich - seem to be.

[quote user="morty"]Do you accept that a club, of our financial stature and means, has to make money not only to survive, but to be competitive? I shall state my point again, maybe you will actually read it this time. Yes football is expensive. And if something is done league side I would fully support it. Should Norwich be singled out as some kind of evil moneygrabbers? No. Should we unilaterally reduce our prices to the detriment of the playing budget? No. Sorry I couldn''t care less if we have a supporters club or not.[/quote]

Your last line sums it up.

******* you jack I''m alright.

No further discussion possible.

I do wonder what folk would be thinking if the club hadn''t ''frozen''  the season ticket prices for next season?

If we were only to court attendances of around 18,000, of course costing''s would be somewhat different.....and possibly lower to attract folk through the turnstiles. The board of NCFC are privileged that our catchment area allows the club to be the local top dog as our nearest rivals in Professional league football are (fortunately) 40 plus miles away. Where as Manchester, London, Midlands, Yorkshire etc, etc.....Have many clubs within an area that allows (if they aren''t glory seekers) the option to support their ''local side''.....

Personally, I think our CEO is very fortunate that NCFC attendances are consistently around the 26,000 mark - regardless who the opposition are......And perhaps he doesn''t have to ''bust a gut'' to maintain that balance as the loyalty of the support means ''if it isn''t broke, don''t attempt to fix it''.....Regarding £40.00 for Championship football......Yes, it is expensive and I personally think £30.00 would be more acceptable. But, if folk are willing to pay for it.....they will not lower the prices.....  

Lol purple, very good selective state quoting.

You missed out derby charging Leeds 39 quid.

Conveniently.

*stat.

Apologies, am on my phone on my way to Watford on club cabbage.

Which was very reasonably priced.

[quote user="Mello Yello"] But, if folk are willing to pay for it.....they will not lower the prices.....  [/quote]

Probably true, but it does them no favours.  What would they rather have - content supporters or resentful supporters?   An image of overcharging or an image of fairness?   An image of being a hard headed business or an image of a caring club looking after the people that are the life blood of the club?   Its not an easy balance to strike, but having said that, there is always an opportunity to give a little more or show a bit more consideration.  It doesn''t have to cost huge amounts of money either - just a little bit more common sense - like cutting out things like the tokenistic 80 year anniversary malarky.  Do they think we are all idiots?  I probably won''t get to more than one or two more games at CR this season, but will be looking forward a few away trips - where I will be paying no more than £25 for the privilege (£15 on Tuesday).   I love NCFC, but £40?  You''re having a laugh.

[quote user="morty"]Oh dear Butler, you really are all kinds of disenfranchised, aren''t you?[/quote]

No I am not.

So don''t try and use one line put downs, it doesn''t work with me Morty.

You have stated your position for all to see.

Well you sound like a man tripping over his bottom lip because Norwich City isn''t the type of club it was 20 years ago.

Maybe you should vote with your feet and boycott games?

Purple

"It needs to be stressed that I haven''t looked into how often the maximum prices are charged, and for which parts of the various grounds. But it is hard to deny that a general picture does emerge. The argument that we are no worse than anyone else falls to the ground. Plainly many other Championship clubs are not overcharging, and those that might be so regarded are not doing it to the extent that we - and Ipswich - seem to be."

How many of those clubs fill their ground?

NCFC has to be run as a business and it will charge what the market is prepared to tolerate.

If we had empty seats every week then the model would be different but at it is it is hard to argue that they are doing anything other than getting it right.

There will be an element of corporate/ community responsibility which ultimately may challenge the pricing structure, but I don''t think our fans are so put out by the prices that they currently seriously challenge the community role of the club.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"]Do you accept that a club, of our financial stature and means, has to make money not only to survive, but to be competitive? I shall state my point again, maybe you will actually read it this time. Yes football is expensive. And if something is done league side I would fully support it. Should Norwich be singled out as some kind of evil moneygrabbers? No. Should we unilaterally reduce our prices to the detriment of the playing budget? No. Sorry I couldn''t care less if we have a supporters club or not.[/quote]

Your last line sums it up.

******* you jack I''m alright.

No further discussion possible.

[/quote]

I think most of us tend to consider our own circumstances when we''re posting. Next you''ll be claiming to be more alturistic than Delia...

From my point of view tickets are way too expensive. The club still tries to look after loyal fans through early renewal discounts and interest free credit. But I still think they''re too expensive. But where I differ from most of you who have the same opinion is that i don''t bring Championship football into the equation. For me personally ''who the opposition is'' is so far down the list of my reasons for going that it''s probably fell off the bottom. In fact I can see a reason to charge more for tickets the lower the club is. Or to put it a different way to charge less for tickets when the club is drawing those premier league millions. To reduced tickets at a time that income has been slashed doesn''t really make sense. But a case can be made for some of those premiership millions to find their way into the 12th man''s pocket.

Oh, and in your opinion why does the club not have a supporters club worth it''s name?

Only the truly gullible or club apologist''s will buy the ''80th Anniversary'' price freeze marketing ploy....The club has to find the funds to pay off the ''faux pas'' of their previous managerial appointments after all.....Norfolk, isn''t an affluent high wage earning County - and I am surprised that the prices are as high as they are for Championship football. I certainly had no hesitation in claiming a rebate on my ticket when the option arose a few years ago and I didn''t care if anyone questioned my loyalty.....It''s my money.....and in my job, I don''t get a £350,000 bonus for failure.....

Here comes the personal stuff if someone has a slightly different opinion. Now if it all kicks off we can throw our hands in the air and complain about others being everything that''swrong with this message board....

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Purple

"It needs to be stressed that I haven''t looked into how often the maximum prices are charged, and for which parts of the various grounds. But it is hard to deny that a general picture does emerge. The argument that we are no worse than anyone else falls to the ground. Plainly many other Championship clubs are not overcharging, and those that might be so regarded are not doing it to the extent that we - and Ipswich - seem to be."

How many of those clubs fill their ground?

NCFC has to be run as a business and it will charge what the market is prepared to tolerate.

If we had empty seats every week then the model would be different but at it is it is hard to argue that they are doing anything other than getting it right.

There will be an element of corporate/ community responsibility which ultimately may challenge the pricing structure, but I don''t think our fans are so put out by the prices that they currently seriously challenge the community role of the club.[/quote]Mr Jenkins, I suspect not many of those clubs fill their grounds week in, week out. Which plainly is a factor in our casual pricing policy. There are two points here, though.Firstly, the club may wake up one morning and find fans are now longer tolerating such prices. As I have said before, the full houses of recent years are a historical anomaly. We never had that many fans. The several extra thousand were created by a deliberate policy of the old regime. It would be very dangerous to assume they will always stay loyal, or that those that don''t will be tempted back if prices then fall. It is much harder to get fans back than to keep them.Secondly, those figures show how false is the argument that business practice dictates such high prices. It is hard to be precise, because of some variables, but generally speaking we are at the top of that casual price list, as well as being at the top of the season ticket price list posted by someone else here earlier. The argument is not whether we should charge high prices, but whether we should charge prices quite as high as we are doing, ahead of more than 20 clubs in the division that are presumably also being run on business lines.

I hear what you say purple but I don''t foresee an imminent situation with our current pricing where the crowds are likely to drop off, particularly if we are doing reasonably well. Presumably the club don''t either. They must use information,including waiting lists and other demand/ survey data when making their decisions and I suspect they would be able to identify a drop off in demand which is likely to seriously affect the number of bums on seats, and make changes accordingly.

In any spread of prices between clubs there will be some at the top and some at the bottom, ok so we are at or near the top but not hugely out of kilter with the rest.