Sign in to follow this  
pete

You better get used to it

[quote user="morty"] Football is not value for money full stop, this is hardly new news.But I''m not having Norwich City portrayed as one of the worst, sorry.[/quote]

I know it''s not nice to accept but Norwich ARE one of the worst and until we stop being money grabbers then fair play to other fans who complain.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"] Football is not value for money full stop, this is hardly new news.But I''m not having Norwich City portrayed as one of the worst, sorry.[/quote]

I know it''s not nice to accept but Norwich ARE one of the worst and until we stop being money grabbers then fair play to other fans who complain.[/quote]Oh you mean the Derby fans whose club were quite happy to charge Leeds £39?See my problem with this?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]We''re consistently at or very near the top price-wise.

i thought Norwich to be a bit better than that.[/quote]And debt free.We can''t have it all ways.We''re either cuddly little Norwich or we''re a well run, successful business.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]We''re going round in circles here. Some agree with you Morty others don''t.

That''s life I suppose.[/quote]Thats fair enough[Y]

Correct me if I am wrong but I think ticket sales both season and casual only count for something like 12% of our total annual income so in that respect shafting fans would take light years to be responsible for taking care of our debt.

The more people complain or the more that people draw attention to it, the sooner something will be done. Its not just Norwich, but if it is seen at Norwich, it''s a Norwich problem.  The issue is across football for sure, but people can only complain about things that affect them personally.  I am sure the club are aware of the issues and will push to get as much money from supporters as they dare, but they need to be told when they are overstepping the mark.  The "their doing it, so we can" approach is just wrong.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Correct me if I am wrong but I think ticket sales both season and casual only count for something like 12% of our total annual income so in that respect shafting fans would take light years to be responsible for taking care of our debt.[/quote]All helps though, doesn''t it?When you don''t have a sugar daddy you have to make every penny count. As you well know McNally is squeezing every penny.Its the difference between being a cuddly club, or a successful, well run one.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]We''re consistently at or very near the top price-wise.

i thought Norwich to be a bit better than that.[/quote]And debt free.We can''t have it all ways.We''re either cuddly little Norwich or we''re a well run, successful business.[/quote]Overcharging for casual tickets hardly played much of a part in us getting debt free. It was the many millions we got from reaching the Premier League that paid off the debt. Of course receipts from ticket sale boosted income, and so helped us strengthen the squad to achieve that. But given that there are around 22,000 season ticket sales and at best 5,000 casual sales every game the great majority of that section of income will have come from season ticket sales rather than casuals. And "cuddly" or "well-run" is a lazy false antithesis that gets trotted out every time there is this discussion. Given that here "well-run" equates to  price gouging it does not have to be one or the other.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]We''re consistently at or very near the top price-wise.

i thought Norwich to be a bit better than that.[/quote]And debt free.We can''t have it all ways.We''re either cuddly little Norwich or we''re a well run, successful business.[/quote]Overcharging for casual tickets hardly played much of a part in us getting debt free. It was the many millions we got from reaching the Premier League that paid off the debt. Of course receipts from ticket sale boosted income, and so helped us strengthen the squad to achieve that. But given that there are around 22,000 season ticket sales and at best 5,000 casual sales every game the great majority of that section of income will have come from season ticket sales rather than casuals. And "cuddly" or "well-run" is a lazy false antithesis that gets trotted out every time there is this discussion. Given that here "well-run" equates to  price gouging it does not have to be one or the other.[/quote]If you bother to read the thread, you will note that my stance is that, yes, its wrong, but don''t go singling my club out for it.What do you think about the hypocrisy shown by Derby fans, whose club charged Leeds £39 a ticket?McNally has completely streamlined every financial aspect of the club, for the good of the club, and its long term future.Sorry but I will lose no sleep whatsoever over a few blubbing Derby fans.But if the problem is addressed, across the board by every club, then I''m interested.

Look at it this way, the whole gate receipts from the old farm derby MIGHT just pay for Mr. McN for the year (give or take a bit of bonus)

[quote user="The Butler"]

Look at it this way, the whole gate receipts from the old farm derby MIGHT just pay for Mr. McN for the year (give or take a bit of bonus)

[/quote]You sound like a man with an axe to grind.Don''t you want success and financial stability for your club?

There are a lot of people who think ticket prices are too high. We''re not all wrong.  The club can be well run and successful without fleecing fans.   Where does it stop?   By being charged £75 a seat and justifying it by saying oh well, we''re well off and well run?  At whose expense would that be......and more importantly what about the ethics?  Bor says no-one has to buy a ticket.  But football supporting is not like going to a play or the cinema.  People are born football supporters - for most of us its in our blood.  Clubs need to remember that and hold back on big ticket prices - or at least show some recognition of  the cost of living and people''s allegiance to the club.  £40 is too much. Simple.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

You sound like a man with an axe to grind.

Don''t you want success and financial stability for your club?
[/quote]

My axe is perfectly sharpe thank you.

What has success and financial stability to do with ticket prices and CEO''s bonuses?

Both far higher than justified.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]You sound like a man with an axe to grind.Don''t you want success and financial stability for your club?[/quote]

What has success and financial stability to do with ticket prices and CEO''s bonuses?

[/quote]Really, you can''t see the connection at all?

There is definitely a pattern forming here. I think some people on this thread really do yearn for the days when we were cuddly, nice Norwich.Which is fine, just don''t expect success to come with it.

Lol, were you asleep during our charge through league one and the Championship, and the subsequent Premiership seasons?

I''d prefer the days when we could have a good cup run, a tilt at the title with the big boys and a little European adventure.

I agree with L1 and Championship but let''s be honest the Premiership has been about striving to be mediocre along with a whole host of other teams.

I am sure you would, but those days are long gone, they ain''t coming back. Football has changed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

You sound like a man with an axe to grind.

Don''t you want success and financial stability for your club?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Really, you can''t see the connection at all?
[/quote]

So the end justifies the means then?

We all want a successful club and team but at what cost.

If supporters don''t question and just allow whatever happens to happen then why the fuss over who owns the club.

Lets change the colours and play in pink if it brings another million in!

After all if money is the GOD then any billionaire and anything will do[:D]

There had to be a line drawn somewhere and supporters are the ones who can draw that line. It has to start somewhere.

There can be a balance between the cuddly and the successful it doesn''t have to be "one or the other"

I don''t like the ethos that to question anything the club does being viewed as disloyal..that way dictatorship lies.

I agree ''re the premier, but what you gonna do? Deliberately be rubbish to not get promoted and languish in the Championship, dying a slow financial death?

For an example of this see our six fingered friends down the road.

I hate the ''it''s cheaper abroad comparison'', Jas mentions that Barca tickets are €15, that''s not my experience. I''ve been and looked to buy tickets whilst I was there. The cheapest I could find via the club were knocking on for €100 for a bog standard seat at a La Liga game, I never understand where these cheap ticket myths come from.

I have to say too, that I find it odd that some people can''t wait to turn on the club they support because a few away fans have had a whinge.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, you have some major problem with understanding that the game has changed Butler.[/quote]

No problem at all Morty

The game has changed, for the better, I am not sure.

That has nothing however to do with what I posted.

I accept that it is now all about money and not the paying public.

You could almost ban the supporters and still make a profit, that''s where clubs are losing sight of the whole history of the game.

But as you have said before, while people are prepared to accept whatever is dished out in the name of "supporting your team" then the money men will take as much as they can.

It seems that to refuse to go along with it is deemed disloyal, but you can support your team in many other ways

As an aside are you happy that NCFC does not have a supporters club worth it''s name now and just for a secong ask yourself why!

Do you accept that a club, of our financial stature and means, has to make money not only to survive, but to be competitive?

I shall state my point again, maybe you will actually read it this time. Yes football is expensive. And if something is done league side I would fully support it. Should Norwich be singled out as some kind of evil moneygrabbers? No.

Should we unilaterally reduce our prices to the detriment of the playing budget? No.

Sorry I couldn''t care less if we have a supporters club or not.

I don''t know how many times it has to be said, but no-one is turning on the club because some away fans have issues.  If the club is seen as being right, they will get praise, if they do something that is it seen as being wrong they will get criticism.  Its not rocket science. No one is perfect or immune to criticism - and the club will react to feedback it gets from fans, as they did with cup price tickets a while ago.  That came about through people complaining so much and a lower attendance.   If there is enough made of this issue - not just at Norwich, but including Norwich, there may be more pressure for a movement in the other direction.    Normalised pricing, a little bit more care taken of supporters and an improved image would be the result. 

At the moment football is seen as a cash cow with some clubs charging way over the odds to watch a football match.   I''m not criticising our club alone - its a bigger picture - I just want them to react and realise that supporters deserve better than an 80 year old excuse to "freeze" season ticket prices and £40 tickets.    "Supply and demand" is a spurious reason for hiking up prices to football supporters too. Its daylight robbery, along with other sharp business practice by all sorts of other companies. Screw the customer for as much as possible until forced to do otherwise is the norm in business today, unless you are trying to attract new customer.  Once a customer is hooked - and with supporting a football club you are hooked - then they are fair game.  The football club needs to live in the same world as normal fans and if it is seen to be overcharging too much, they will lose goodwill. 

Is it a club or a business?  The answer is "both" and the club has to strike the balance right.  At the moment the balance is wrong.