Sign in to follow this  
pete

You better get used to it

Gainer the Gopher, I suggest you look at most foreign clubs outlook on ticket pricing.

We''re not Cadburys we''re a football club. Yes football clubs need to be run as a sustainable business but treating fans like meaningless consumers is wrong.

Football is meant to be for the people.

Stan, Norwich City''s commodity is emotion. That makes it different from Foster''s or BA because I can easily drink a Labatt or fly KLM, but I can''t change teams so easily and still feel satisfied.

Foreign clubs charge what foreign markets will bear. In pretty much every case, that will be significantly less than clubs in and around the Prem in England.

I agree that it sucks, but this is the best business model so far.

It can be a "properly run business" without taking advantage of loyal fans.

I''ve considered giving up my season ticket for the past 3 years but I can''t bring myself to do it, I love watching Norwich play just like every other season ticket holder.

Clubs have got fans gripped by the testicles and they know it. In England they take full advantage of the fact.

You can watch every single Real Madrid home game including return flights each week for cheaper than you can buy an Arsenal season ticket.

It''s cheaper to watch Bayern Munich than it is to watch Norwich.

Say whatever you like Morty but the cost of football in England is ridiculous.

So the normal rules of supply and demand don''t apply to football?

If we sell out at £40 then the price should probably be higher....

I really fancy a Mclaren F1 but they all cost more than £5m - I can neither afford this or justify it so I''ll give it a miss and get a Golf..

[quote user="STAN"]It can be a "properly run business" without taking advantage of loyal fans.

I''ve considered giving up my season ticket for the past 3 years but I can''t bring myself to do it, I love watching Norwich play just like every other season ticket holder.

Clubs have got fans gripped by the testicles and they know it. In England they take full advantage of the fact.

You can watch every single Real Madrid home game including return flights each week for cheaper than you can buy an Arsenal season ticket.

It''s cheaper to watch Bayern Munich than it is to watch Norwich.

Say whatever you like Morty but the cost of football in England is ridiculous.[/quote]Its quite obviously the price people are willing to pay, or the stadiums would be empty.Its simple economics. Supply and demand.

West Brom averaged around 97% attendances for the 11/12 season. The following year they dropped season ticket prices and introduced a number of ticket deals to "reward loyal fans".

They''ve froze prices ever since.

[quote user="STAN"]West Brom averaged around 97% attendances for the 11/12 season. The following year they dropped season ticket prices and introduced a number of ticket deals to "reward loyal fans".

They''ve froze prices ever since.[/quote]And?Every clubs financial situation is different, perhaps they have richer owners than we do, I honestly have no idea.And we have frozen season ticket prices this year, have we not? And given a rebate in recent years?

£40 Premier League

£30 Championship

£20 League 1

£10 League 2

with away prices half no matter who the opposition is.

All this rubbish about cat a/b/c/d opposition - i go to watch City, not whoever they''re playing

[quote user="Leedscanary"]£40 Premier League

£30 Championship

£20 League 1

£10 League 2

with away prices half no matter who the opposition is.

All this rubbish about cat a/b/c/d opposition - i go to watch City, not whoever they''re playing[/quote]If every single club agrees, then I am right there with you.But the fact remains that some clubs are a more attractive, or popular proposition to people, and they are priced accordingly.I wouldn''t be happy paying the same money to watch, say QPR, as I did to watch Man Utd.

The reason being the £££££ they recieve in TV money. Theirs no need for fans to be paying top money.,

And we froze prices after not giving fans a rebate upon being relegated. David Mcnally, what a guy.

[quote user="STAN"]The reason being the £££££ they recieve in TV money. Theirs no need for fans to be paying top money.,

And we froze prices after not giving fans a rebate upon being relegated. David Mcnally, what a guy.[/quote]However you look at it, West Brom are clearly financially better off than we are, and if they can afford to do what they did, then kudos to em!See its sounding now like you are just looking for any reason to knock the club.

Here we go.. haha! How am I looking for any reason to nock the club?

You''re clearly delighted at the price of football in England Morty, you''ve obviously got more money than sense but I''m guessing that wouldn''t take a huge amount anyway.

[quote user="STAN"]Here we go.. haha! How am I looking for any reason to nock the club?

You''re clearly delighted at the price of football in England Morty, you''ve obviously got more money than sense but I''m guessing that wouldn''t take a huge amount anyway.[/quote]Why the need to get insulting Stan, and make sweeping statements?Are you satisfied with the price of your season ticket? How much do you pay a season Stan?You sound very much like a man with an axe to grind.

Why the need to question my motives Morty?

I was simply expressing my opinion on the cost of football in England and then you start your "bashing the club" b*llocks.

[quote user="STAN"]Why the need to question my motives Morty?

I was simply expressing my opinion on the cost of football in England and then you start your "bashing the club" b*llocks.[/quote]*Ahem*And we froze prices after not giving fans a rebate upon being relegated. David Mcnally, what a guy.

*Ahem*

"We have frozen season tickets prices this year, have we not?"

I was replying to you mate.

[quote user="STAN"]*Ahem*

"We have frozen season tickets prices this year, have we not?"

I was replying to you mate.[/quote]So then Pete, is it English football as a whole that is a rip off?Are Norwich City more or less guilty compared to other clubs?How much do you pay for your season ticket? Do you consider it reasonable value for money?

Its a problem which is pretty much football wide, not just with our club. Its an interesting debate, treating supporters fairly against charging them what they are prepared to pay. I personally think its too much by some margin but the supply and demand argument is a strong one too.

Will be interesting to see how much of their allocation Derby take up.

Let me sum up my opinion here Pete, we''re probably not far away from agreeing.Is football in England generally overpriced? Yes it is.Are Norwich City particularly guilty of this, and should be singled out by some two bit, wife beating ex player? No.Should Norwich City sacrifice some of their playing budget for some kind of greater good? Nah.

[quote user="STAN"]You bore me Morty.

I''ve already expressed my opinion.[/quote]So how much do you pay for your season ticket?Is it good value for money?

[quote user="ricardo"]If you are playing to full houses what incentive is there to drop prices?[/quote]Not much incentive. Unless you look at the long-term. As we are both found of pointing out, those current full houses are very recent and a historical rarity. They are not based on any long-standing substantial bedrock of support. That has never existed at Carrow Road. These full houses have resulted from a deliberately financially-friendly (some would say overly so) ticketing policy instituted by the old regime, and striking on-field success mainly under the new regime. So far the numbers have held up,  despite the new regime''s much less financially-friendly ticketing strategy.There is no guarantee they will hold up if there is a lack of on-field success coupled with continuing high prices. I am not an expert on marketing, but I understand that one of its precepts is that if you react to a change once you have noticed it happening then you are already too late. The trick is to realise the change might take place and act accordingly.

McNally''s squeezing every last drop he can. My dad is now 67, and after having a season ticket for 25 years was told he couldn''t have an OAP discount and sit anywhere near the halfway line, because that''s "premium seating" so he''s had to move.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]McNally''s squeezing every last drop he can. My dad is now 67, and after having a season ticket for 25 years was told he couldn''t have an OAP discount and sit anywhere near the halfway line, because that''s "premium seating" so he''s had to move.[/quote]Whilst that is a shame, with some of the discounts in recent years that they did away with, they were virtually giving seats away.It couldn''t go on.

If people don''t like prices they shouldn''t buy them. As previously stated it''s simple supply and demand, "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." coined 2000+ years ago and still true. The only way ticket prices at Carrow Road will fall is if attendances do.

For as many people who say on this subject it''s not just a business it''s a football club in another area of debate you will hear the opposite argument made that a football club is a business first and foremost. I don''t personally feel the Club has some sort of moral necessity to lower prices if supporters will carry on paying them at current levels.

I don''t like the fact I pay what I do for casual tickets, but I''m still willing to, if people aren''t then vote with your feet. It''s peculiarly British thing that we think that just by complaining about something it should change, you see it throughout our culture in this country. We moan but we don''t take action.

You want cheaper tickets, lets see the attendance drop a couple of thousand at Carrow Road a few times with people taking a stand and then you''ll see action, but moaning about it is so bl@ody pointless, if stereo typically British.