Sign in to follow this  
pete

You better get used to it

Derby fans baulking at having to fork out £40 wait until you get into the Prem which will not be this year and have to pay Arsenal and Chelsea prices for a Class C fixture.

We pay £40 so why not you, Brentford fans were most unhappy at £30 admission. Again just wait to see if you''re succesful.

Article here

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rams_fans_condem_norwich_ticket_price_854688/index.shtml?

[quote user="pete"]Article here

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rams_fans_condem_norwich_ticket_price_854688/index.shtml?[/quote]

But then they don''t have to pay McN''s bonus

[quote user="morty"]I''m sure the Derby fans who read this forum will be grateful for the advice[Y][/quote]There''s sure to be a rush of Derby fans signing up to the PinkUn just to moan about ticket prices. [;)]

Down to supply and demand, there''s talk of a boycott of away fans, wouldn''t mind betting if they return some we will soon sell them to home fans.

the Millions that clubs get from SKy is increasing yet again but ticket prices are not falling...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24086153 15 Euros to get in to see Barcelona.... FIFTEEN!

you can also get a season ticket to see the best player in the world (Messi) for £100 a season (roughly)

Time to pressure clubs in England over pricing...

Be a shame if Derby fans boycott us, they are quite a vocal support, and I would hate them to miss out on a great game, and their team be deprived of their passionate support....... but then again maybe that would release some more for our supporters on the waiting list !

Longer terms though clubs need to look seriously at pricing, especially away fans, I like the idea of £20 for every club to away supporters, always a better atmosphere in any ground when a big away support, start it next season though http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-10.gif

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]The Bundesliga is about 12 quid to get in, thats the way we should all be going, Derby fans have a point[/quote]They do have a point, I agree.But all clubs do it for their bigger games, it shouldn''t be up to Norwich to take unilateral action, there needs to be input at a league level.

Don''t get me wrong, I''m no fan of high prices and the like, but we want to attract decent players and play at as high a level as we can, so the club will set the prices however it ''needs'' to to try to deliver that goal - and we can choose whether to go and watch. If Derby fans want to boycott it will make little difference to NCFC as unlike at some grounds, the tickets will just be sold to our own fans, and is thus it is a bit of a hollow threat.

Re: ITFC ticket appropriate use of the former owner''s name. Thought it read cobbled old stand at first glance. £43 quid certainly a bit steep for that. I like the mention of ''clear view'' as if it''s some kind of luxury feature (or maybe it''s a warning) The obstructed view tickets probably don''t mention the view.

If our supporters are paying 40 quid for casual tickets why should Derby''s pay less?

Sorry not the slightest sympathy for them.

[quote user="pete"]Derby fans baulking at having to fork out £40 wait until you get into the Prem which will not be this year and have to pay Arsenal and Chelsea prices for a Class C fixture.

We pay £40 so why not you, Brentford fans were most unhappy at £30 admission. Again just wait to see if you''re succesful.[/quote]

It''s £40 for home casual buyers too. It''s too much.  Yes, they will sell the tickets, but it is way over the top.  £30 would be fair, £35 tops. £40 is frankly taking the p***.   Why that much - because it''s Derby?   Imo it shouldn''t make any difference who we are playing.  I hope club enjoys the feeling of getting a few extra few thousand pounds it extorts from casuals and away fans as a result of charging so much extra per ticket.  Blackburn away is only £15 a ticket - yes I know its midweek - but getting to see matches should be getting cheaper, not more expensive. 

Ipswich charging  £43 is worse - I wonder how much they charged their home casual supporters for that match.  As for premiership prices, they should be lowered as well.  Rip off Britain at its worst. 

£40 is disgusting both for Norwich and Derby fans.

I can''t believe people are happy to pay that. Whilst they are you can''t blame the club for ripping fans off.

I''ll never pay £40 to watch a football match. Am I alone? And before people start, it does not make you a "better" Fan if you are prepared to pay it.

"If you are playing to full houses what is the incentive to drop prices?"

A thing called appreciation Ricardo. Without football fans there wouldn''t be a thing called "professional football".

It''s embarrassing that clubs the size of Norwich are still intent on frisking loyal fans for every penny possible.

[quote user="STAN"]"If you are playing to full houses what is the incentive to drop prices?"

A thing called appreciation Ricardo. Without football fans there wouldn''t be a thing called "professional football".

It''s embarrassing that clubs the size of Norwich are still intent on frisking loyal fans for every penny possible.[/quote]

Agreed. It''s completely unethical and should be regulated by the FA. Trouble is too many people at football governing bodies are benefiting from high ticket prices.

Rotten to the core.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]£40 is disgusting both for Norwich and Derby fans.

I can''t believe people are happy to pay that. Whilst they are you can''t blame the club for ripping fans off.

I''ll never pay £40 to watch a football match. Am I alone? And before people start, it does not make you a "better" Fan if you are prepared to pay it.[/quote]Been a while since you bought a ticket at Norwich then?If ever?

It''s a delicate one this, how do we look at it; as NORWICH fans or as football fans.

Now as a fan of football in general I find it a sad reflection of what is going on through football, the revenue goes up but little filters down to the very fans that create the demand. We have the FA putting in regulations on TV matches at 3.00 to keep stadiums full yet completely over look how much it costs to go to a football match in the top two leagues. There''s a danger of isolating an entire generation of fans who can''t go to a match and so never develop the love of the game and inturn stadiums empty and the whole thing backfires. The European leagues are a shining example of how to price games.... The fact that a Bayrn or Barcelona fan would be outraged at £40 euros sort of says a lot doesn''t it

As a Norwich fan, I have to restrain myself from over looking the mistakes my club make (Lord knows everyone shows restraint about what goes on on the pitch...) and put aside the fact that fans from another club our criticising us. Yes we do sell out and demand for any returns would be high, but that''s a poor excuse in my opinion... Same as ''oh you want to be a top flight team, then get use to it'' two things with that, we arnt a top flight side currently, and also is that even right in the first place?

Appreciation? That''s hilarious!!!

If businesses ran on appreciation, Mother Teresa would have rejuvenated Calcutta slums with all her good work.

Should Cadbury charge less for their product because they aporeciate that I appreciate Dairy Milk? Should the Tower of London charge less because they appreciate my business?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]£40 is disgusting both for Norwich and Derby fans.

I''ll never pay £40 to watch a football match. Am I alone? And before people start, it does not make you a "better" Fan if you are prepared to pay it.[/quote]Been a while since you bought a ticket at Norwich then?If ever?[/quote]

If ever lol - look everyone, it''s number one super fan Morty! We are not worthy!!

I''ve been to 8 away games this season and just the one home. Much prefer away games. Better value, and always a better atmosphere.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]£40 is disgusting both for Norwich and Derby fans.

I''ll never pay £40 to watch a football match. Am I alone? And before people start, it does not make you a "better" Fan if you are prepared to pay it.[/quote]Been a while since you bought a ticket at Norwich then?If ever?[/quote]

If ever lol - look everyone, it''s number one super fan Morty! We are not worthy!!

I''ve been to 8 away games this season and just the one home. Much prefer away games. Better value, and always a better atmosphere.[/quote]No need to get so precious fella, it was a simple question, you are a Reading fan after all, its not beyond the realms of possibility that you have never seen Norwich.End of the day though its about supply and demand, if you can''t afford it, or are not prepared to pay it, then you''ll have to find something cheaper to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Give over Morty.

Theirs thousands of Man United fans who haven''t been to England let alone Old Trafford.

I mean I''m fortunate enough to have a season ticket but you can still support a club without going to games.

You act as if you''re some kind of "supreme fan".

[quote user="STAN"]Give over Morty.

Theirs thousands of Man United fans who haven''t been to England let alone Old Trafford.

I mean I''m fortunate enough to have a season ticket but you can still support a club without going to games.

You act as if you''re some kind of "supreme fan".[/quote]Untwist your knickers fella.I was questioning the last time he bought a ticket, which is entirely relevent to the subject of the thread.£40+ for a casual ticket really isn''t that unusual.Is that okay with you?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]£40+ for a casual ticket really isn''t that unusual.[/quote]It doesn''t make it right though.

[/quote]Its the price.If you don''t want to pay it, or can''t afford it, you can''t have it.Thats life I''m afraid.