Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Brum v Boro

As things stand we''re only 6 points off  the top 3 and 6 points over 15 games is diddly squat.Will be tough for Borough to come back from 1 down with 10 men as Brum are no mugs nowadays at homeWe musn''t lose Saturday though

I''d given up all hope after the Brentford debacle. It''s coming back little by little.

We are at the pivotal point of our season, no doubt in my mind.

It would be true to say a loss for Watford or ourselves on Saturday wouldn''t be disastrous but that is true only if the main ambition is just to reach the play-offs which are simply a lottery.

I see the next three games as being very difficult, on paper. Our rivals all have easier games. But after that, if we do well the ball would be in our court.

We have already lost too many compared to the top three; let in too many and have too inferior a goal difference. Compared to Watford and Ipswich though the difference is minor and easily affected in our head to heads.

This is why I said in a previous thread we have to win every game and didn''t get too excited by beating Charlton because we need a string of wins such as ''Boro recently had.

Watford are free scoring at home and a very dangerous side; Blackburn is a horrible midweek trip and from what I have seen of them they are a physical team capable of upping their game. A derby game can throw the formbook out of the window.

Of course, we could do well in the tough games then throw it away by underestimating the likes of Wigan.

We could win the play-offs as on our day we are well capable of beating the sides above us who, Boro aside, we have a good head to head record against. To go up with a Wembley win would be marvellous too.

But automatic isn''t beyond us. We can be that team with the momentum if we can get on a run instead of lapsing as we have after so many false starts this season.

We have successfully re-integrated Bassong and strengthened the midfield while making our best midfielder this season feel very settled. Hooper looks to me like a very influential forward all of a sudden and Alex Neil has a formula, the players know their roles and what is expected. There is place competition and squad cohesion.

So, lets hope we can win a veritable cup final at Watford and raise the belief further while putting pressure on the front three who have to look over their shoulder.

It''s right here, right now!

Whatever happens we''ll still be 6 points (7 if you include GD), which is a whole lot better than a couple of weeks ago.

damn 1-1 bamford scores again hes needs to get injured like daryl murply does !! :)

I''ll take a draw, as i did with Derby last night.....still hedging my bets as I cant decide whether I want these sides to win to stop the filth getting into the top 2 ...or whether theres a chance that we can overtake them....this is a middle ground result...

Middlesborough have had a pretty good run last losing in the league just before christmas (against Ipswich). None of the top 3 have seriously faltered so far, so we''ll need several wins to make the top two and can only afford one or two losses.

[quote user="kirsty"]Middlesborough have had a pretty good run last losing in the league just before christmas (against Ipswich). None of the top 3 have seriously faltered so far, so we''ll need several wins to make the top two and can only afford one or two losses.[/quote]Not only is that true, but it emphasises that for us to finish in the automatics two of those three would have to have a serious falling-off in form. That one might is distinctly possible, but not that two will. I won''t repeat the statistics from an earlier thread, but they are very much against us.

B''ham miss a great chance to win it in injury time.

Listening to the BBC commentary for Boro on Canaries Player - got to say their slating of the referee is appalling. Makes you realise just how good Chris Goreham is!

Out of the Cup and held at Brum with a one game ban for their goalie.

Boro might be feeling it come their early kick off against local rivals Dirty Leeds who have a bit of form and might just give them a black eye!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]two of those three would have to have a serious falling-off in form. [/quote]Depends what you call a serious falling off in form. It only takes them to lose twice while we win twice and we''ve caught them.I certainly wouldn''t call losing twice a serious falling off in form