Sign in to follow this  
magic_eyes

Clean Sheets and Off Sides!

We are not going to get out of this division unless we keep clean sheets, especially at home. Last season we had the worst defence by miles and yet I find it hard to understand why 4 out of 5 of the players from last season started yesterday. Dropping down a division doesn''t turn a bad defence into a good one.

Obviously, you can''t blame Green and Louis-Jean looks promising. However, with Fleming and Drury we''ve got two players that just don''t do the business anymore, they just don''t have the physical presence to compete effectively. Doc I think will be OK, but Worthy needs to tell him to stay on his feet and stop giving away unecessary free kicks.

With the players we have I would go for: Green, Louis-Jean, Doherty, Shackell, Charlton.

The other thing Worthy has to sort out is the off sides. I think we were caught off side over 10 times yesterday, which means we gave up possession cheaply and disrupted our rhythym time and time again. Personally I think more than 2 or 3 off sides in a game is unacceptable and easily avoidable if your strikers are using their brains.

OTBC

[quote]We are not going to get out of this division unless we keep clean sheets, especially at home. Last season we had the worst defence by miles and yet I find it hard to understand why 4 out of 5 of the p...[/quote]

Gary Doherty was the worst player on the pitch yesterday magic. Flem and Drury weren''t particularly good either but if you think Doc''s going to be a decent defender for us this season then god help us!

"Last season we had the worst defence by miles and yet I find it hard to understand why 4 out of 5 of the players from last season started yesterday. Dropping down a division doesn''t turn a bad defence into a good one."

Yet going up a division turned the best defence in a league into the worst defence in a league.