Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

credit to mcnally ?

Well at the moment it looks good for Mcwally but sorry, I still can''t believe he took a bonus out of the club after last year''s debacle and then tried to justify it as meeting his financial targets!

How can you justify being relegated as meeting financial targets!

But before being crucified, brilliant result today, really think we can make it straight back up, but, we shouldn''t have been relegated in the first place.

Guess there will be another six figure bonus if we get back to where we belong. Hey ho envy and all that! Any chance of the clubs staff being paid the living wage? It would only take a .5% reduction in the players wage? But guess Chelsea will remain the only club to do that. Wouldn''t it be good PR if City were the second to do that!

Bor, yes bring success get rewarded, get relegated and still get rewarded? Something not quite right there!

Yea sorry, haters gonna hate! If only you knew Mike!

Even if you are responsible for a £40m loss in turnover? Also, staff members losing their bonus due to relegation but the CEO gets his?? mmm!

I really find McWally taking a bonus out if a relegated club abhorrent. Maybe he could have deferred his bonus on the condition of us being promoted, but,no he says he achieved financial targets so give me the money!! That bonus was achieved through the detriment of fellow staff members who earn a pitance of what he does!

But again, so as to make sure where I stand as far as the club is concerned, fantastic result today!

Unprecedented financial success in his time here. Can''t look past that as it''s his primary objective.
Complain about relegation all you like but compare our finances today with the figures from when he took over.
Realistically, we''ve had one poor season. In hindsight Hughton didn''t work out. But it''s with hindsight I say that!

[quote user="hogesar"]Unprecedented financial success in his time here. Can''t look past that as it''s his primary objective.
Complain about relegation all you like but compare our finances today with the figures from when he took over.
Realistically, we''ve had one poor season. In hindsight Hughton didn''t work out. But it''s with hindsight I say that!
[/quote]

Compared to what the finances could have been had we stayed up?OK, we would have been at least 40 m better off! Then and only then are you entitled to a bonus!

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="hogesar"]Unprecedented financial success in his time here. Can''t look past that as it''s his primary objective.
[/quote]

Compared to what the finances could have been had we stayed up?OK, we would have been at least 40 m better off! Then and only then are you entitled to a bonus![/quote]His bonus will be linked to hitting certain financial targets. He wouldn''t have been paid it, had he not.Lets not forget we are debt free.McNally doesn''t kick footballs, he was not to blame for relegation.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Team winning

Manager doing well

Next stop, CEO[/quote]

Mike, that''s a very immature response! As you saw I gave plenty of credit to the team! One thing I will never repeat never do is give Mcwally credit because a: we should never have been relegated last year but we were thanks to his ineffective management in keeping Houghton too long and B; taking a 350k bonus out of the club when, as we are all agreed it his imperative that we get back up as soon as possible and this season being our best chance!

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Team winning

Manager doing well

Next stop, CEO[/quote]

Mike, that''s a very immature response! As you saw I gave plenty of credit to the team! One thing I will never repeat never do is give Mcwally credit because a: we should never have been relegated last year but we were thanks to his ineffective management in keeping Houghton too long and B; taking a 350k bonus out of the club when, as we are all agreed it his imperative that we get back up as soon as possible and this season being our best chance![/quote]Oh, is it only McNally''s decision as to when we change managers?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate_zpsbb3d21f6.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate_zpsbb3d21f6.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="hogesar"]Unprecedented financial success in his time here. Can''t look past that as it''s his primary objective.
[/quote]

Compared to what the finances could have been had we stayed up?OK, we would have been at least 40 m better off! Then and only then are you entitled to a bonus![/quote]His bonus will be linked to hitting certain financial targets. He wouldn''t have been paid it, had he not.Lets not forget we are debt free.McNally doesn''t kick footballs, he was not to blame for relegation.[/quote]

Seriously Morty, he wasn''t to blame for relegation? OK that''s fine if you believe that but would you be happy if your oil mogel boss lost you a contract that is worth 40 mill to your company and then gets a third of a mill bonus, and the minor staff lose their bonus due to the team not staying up! Sorry, I really don''t understand how you figure that to be OK!

[quote user="morty"][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate_zpsbb3d21f6.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate_zpsbb3d21f6.gif[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Hey let''s have a rational debate or are you too p**see to have that!

OK bye, now let''s get back to the debate about our CEO taking a 350k bonus out of our club whilst the club lose£40 million in revenue!

The club didn''t lose 40 million, it never had the 40 million to lose.
What is fact is the difference between our finances before he took over, to now. You can''t deny it. You focus on the ONE negative because...that''s all there is.
Overall he''s done a fantastic job and I have no problem with him collecting his bonus if he meets financial targets. He could take an extra £10 million over the next 2 years and the club will still have made far more money from him than he''s cost.
But it''s important not to single out McNally in any event. It''s board decisions, not individual.

McNallys done a great job

Appointed lambert who''s record wasn''t brilliant but took us to 2 successive promotions and got the club in the prem well ahead of target

Had 3 consecutive seasons in Prem

Appointed Hughton it didn''t work out but he had a superb reputation when he came and was no 1 choice for most fans

Managed to expand ground capacity by approx 1000 with little

building work

Appointed Adams probably not his best appointment but he had the best youth team for over 20 years and it looks like it was a performance related contract and he went with little pay off.

Cleared 20 years worth of debts

Found this young manager called Alex Neil who he spotted as a great young prospect, took a small team to a high position in top leage of that country and they haven''t won since.

All in all good work, those of you that want him out we could alway have Neil Doncaster back

Get real guys - he is an employee of the club which is owned by - yes - the Stowmarket 2

If anyone seriously thinks he had the power to sack Houghton last Christmas - you are deluded

If anyone seriously thinks he chose Adams off hiNallys own back- you are deluded (Adams stinks of Gunn & Grant - McNally not about then)

What I suspect has happened is that the Board had dug themselves into a massive hole with the appointment of Adams as they had with Gunn

McNally gambled & got us out of the mire with Lambert & AN could have the same result

If anyone has lost us £40Mplus the season look down the road to Stowmarket - please do not try & blame the only DM - he saved us once & could well be doing the same

Another point - what a fantastic deal he got for Norwich when he negotiated the loan deal for that flop Wolf - must have been scam of the year - problem is he comes back with a note return to sender on 1st July

i will credit McNally with this appointment ,as this is exactly what his job is,and what I wanted him to do in the summer.

My criticsim of the board in the summer was that they blatantly DIDN''T look around for a manager and went for the cheap and easy option on their doorstep.

They appear ,in Alex Neil, to have researched,scouted and headhunted someone which is paying off.

I still blame the board for the fact that we are playing catch up and not at the top and out of reach by now, by not appointing proporly in the summer and/or sacking Adams sooner.

We look like we may have acted "just" in time to challenge a top 2 place as we are now showing what we knew all along, this squad of players ARE the best in this league......they just needed a manager to organize them.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Well at the moment it looks good for Mcwally but sorry, I still can''t believe he took a bonus out of the club after last year''s debacle and then tried to justify it as meeting his financial targets!

But before being crucified, brilliant result today, really think we can make it straight back up, but, we shouldn''t have been relegated in the first place.

Guess there will be another six figure bonus if we get back to where we belong. Hey ho envy and all that! Any chance of the clubs staff being paid the living wage? It would only take a .5% reduction in the players wage? But guess Chelsea will remain the only club to do that. Wouldn''t it be good PR if City were the second to do that![/quote]To add some factual context. In the 2012-13 season McNally received a £867,000 bonus for hitting two targets - one financial and a footballing target of staying in the Premier League. In 2013-14 he missed the footballing target and so received only £367,500, for the financial one.The oddity here is that there is a time lapse - despite being relegated we presumably did hit our financial target for that financial year/season, because we had a record turnover of £94m and so on.The question is what kind of financial target McNally has been set for this season. If it has been based on continued membership of the Premier League, which seems fair, given this time lapse effect, then he shouldn''t receive such a bonus at the end of this season, since we can''t possibly hit those PL numbers on turnover and the rest.---David McNally: "PurpleCanary, always good to hear from you!"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Well at the moment it looks good for Mcwally but sorry, I still can''t believe he took a bonus out of the club after last year''s debacle and then tried to justify it as meeting his financial targets!

Guess there will be another six figure bonus if we get back to where we belong. Hey ho envy and all that! Any chance of the clubs staff being paid the living wage? It would only take a .5% reduction in the players wage? But guess Chelsea will remain the only club to do that. Wouldn''t it be good PR if City were the second to do that![/quote]To add some factual context. In the 2012-13 season McNally received a £867,000 bonus for hitting two targets - one financial and a footballing target of staying in the Premier League. In 2013-14 he missed the footballing target and so received only £367,500, for the financial one.The oddity here is that there is a time lapse - despite being relegated we presumably did hit our financial target for that financial year/season, because we had a record turnover of £94m and so on.The question is what kind of financial target McNally has been set for this season. If it has been based on continued membership of the Premier League, which seems fair, given this time lapse effect, then he shouldn''t receive such a bonus at the end of this season, since we can''t possibly hit those PL numbers on turnover and the rest.---David McNally: "PurpleCanary, always good to hear from you!"[/quote]

Purple that is both too factual and (most certainly) far too sensible. I do love the bonus debate. Imagine if , that afternoon , that nightmare inducing afternoon when Colchester had beaten us 7.1, someone had said "lads, give me £3m quid and I''ll guarantee you premier league football for three years and pay off all your debts" would anyone have turned this down? Imagine a CEO seeing a rise in turnover /profit on this scale NOT getting these kind of bonuses? Can anyone honestly think that he couldn''t walk into some serious jobs , even now, with our rivals? I agree that it will be interesting to see what his bonuses are this year - but if we secure promotion presumably the "footballing" bonus would be triggered. I also think you need to look at the wording of any such bonus - I suspect they are fairly broad - McN has a commercial value and this is how we get to keep him possibly. You can also look at the other benefits, I don''t have the accounts to hand but I do recall a substantial figure going into the Pension scheme? It narrows down as the Players have the PFA arrangements so I suspect that would be in McN''s favour  too. Whatever happens , when we lose McN I suggest it will be on his terms rather than ours.