Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Why Are City Supporters Traditional Moaners?

I have just been reading the forums about City''s first game of the season and had to chuckle to myself.

Why is it that Canaries'' supporters have always been a load of moaners?

Before the season started all you could read here was how City were going to walk the league - or if not certainly fill one of the two top places.

The rest? Well a bit of caution here and there but nothing to worry about really.

Now read the verdicts on the first game and it is all doom and gloom.

I thought the modern City supporter was something different to what I have experienced since the 1950s - but no.

At the first sign of something not happening or going right out come the moaners and groaners. I bet if I stood in the crowd now and closed my eyes I could be standing in a crowd from the 50s, 60, 70s, 80s or 90s.

The City supporter never changes.

The first game of the season when every player should be up for it is going to produce many close - and as in yesterday''s game - boring matches as every team strives for a non-losing start to the season.

Everyone should remember that this season consists of 46 games.

If in a month''s time City''s home record reads won 2 drawn 1 I bet the shed and Barclay will be chanting ''We''re going to win the league...''.

But to pass judgment as you have on just one game, well, like the supporters over the previous 50 years, you should be ashamed of yourselves!

What''s wrong with singing ''We''re gunna win the league...''. It''s just a song and probably gives the players a boost in confidence. And no City supporter should be ashamed.  And as for all the ''moaning'' people are just stating there opinion and everyone has a right to do that. Hmmmm.....

Budgie, you are so right. I can''t stand the negativity and player-bashing that goes in with our supporters.

In the late 90''s I could kind of understand it, but even now we still pick on players (Holt, Svensson, Doherty, Henderson), still believe we should walk over every team in this league and after all that, still believe we are the best supporters in the world.