Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

He's my first choice right back...

I have no problem with it. It was also my view earlier in the season. Has he suddenly improved then? The stats have not suggested that''s the case...

Whittakers skills can be discussed and debated but what can''t be refuted is his character particularly in the face of adversity.

Got huge props for him for getting his head down and working hard for the manager

You don''t become a great footballer all of a sudden - He has always had ability its rare for a footballer makes it and is totally and utterly talentless... Likewise people do go from being excellent to rubbish over night...

In both circumstances its coached or managed in to them OR out of them... Its called getting the best of your players...

Exactly. As I''ve said before the boo boys always pick on players who don''t hide. Whittaker''s performances have never warranted the stick he got.

Whittaker''s been our best fullback all season. The stats don''tsuggest hes improved under this manager. Other players have improved. The team performances have improved. Is he still our best fullback? IMO Olsson has improved in the last month and is now as good.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s deserved the stick he got, just like he now deserves praise for playing well.[/quote]
Horsesh!t, the stick he got earlier in the season was UNwarranted. He became the whipping boy , bearing the brunt of the frustration from the stands.
Alex Neil, talks sense and converts the sense onto the football pitch, he sees it as it is. This applies to his judgement on the players.

Whittaker played in Europe with glasgow Rangers ..he needs an alex Neil type figure to give him a kick up the arse ..good defender on his day

Yet we still await your explanations in the other forum...

And how about defending your (wrong) view on Whittaker here?

People have rightly called you out, miggins.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]You don''t know anything about football, or politics shyster. You''re just a racist old man with an agenda.[/quote]

Learning about football however.
Shyster is not online. Last active: 06/01/2015 16:16:43 Shyster  Top 100 Posts Joined on 05/06/2007 Sodding Twotsbury Posts 4,809
Re: v Watford.
Reply Quote
Neil is no longer the novice. 

The solution to our defensive problems was immediately recognised by AN - get a settled Back 4. In fact he''s got a settled and impressive back 6 now, which includes Ruddy and Tettey. Whitts is nan integral part of that unit.

Have rightly called me out? What the hell are you on about, are you a child?.

Whittaker was not made a scapegoat or anything like that. Redmond was very heavily criticised, so was Grabban, Ruddy, Martin, Turner etc etc. People were just stating that he had a bad game when they thought he did (which was a hell of a lot earlier on in the season).

It sounds like he was near enough man of the match today and should also be credited for his positive performance. The problem is you and many other fans are so fickle. If Whittaker had had a poor performance today then it would''ve been said, it doesn''t make him a scapegoat.

And once again, I refuse to answer you on the political thread as I said all I had to on the previous thread which was deleted because you were saying how you''d like a terrorist to kill me. Anyway, stay classy.

If people think he was being made a scapegoat, that''s fine, I just disagree. I thought he did play as bad as people on here and elsewhere called it.

miggins ~ "And once again, I refuse to answer you on the political thread as I said all I had to on the previous thread which was deleted because you were saying how you''d like a terrorist to kill me."

That was ''Joanna Grey'', as well you know.

And Dundee, firstly, did you watch us at the start of the season?

Secondly you said the SPL is a better league than the championship so don''t make out as if you have a clue.

"That was ''Joanna Grey'', as well you know."

haha. I didn''t take it to heart (i''m sure you''ll be pleased to know) but must admit, i''m surprised you weren''t banned for a few weeks.

He has been a bit of a whipping boy/scapegoat. No getting away from it.

But it''s easier to see that he''s a good player when the rest of the team is doing well.