Sounds like ref had a shocker all round. We should have had a couple of important decisions our way which we didn''t get. Hoolahan probably clever to realise the ref was having a mare and if he went down there''s a good chance he''d get the decision.
Sounds like he played very well, too.

Not surprised we got the pen though, the ref was truly awful today.Both sets of fans chanting "You don''t know what you''re doing"

[quote user="hogesar"]Sounds like ref had a shocker all round. We should have had a couple of important decisions our way which we didn''t get. Hoolahan probably clever to realise the ref was having a mare and if he went down there''s a good chance he''d get the decision.
Sounds like he played very well, too.
[/quote]

Influenced the first two goals. Great decision to start him, still class.

Ref appeared totally out of his depth. It can be of no surprise that he got the big decision wrong having got most of the minor decisions wrong to that point already. Thankfully, it worked in our favour. Credit especially to Bassong today. Dorrans made a few nice touches. As for the referee, I think he should find a new level somewhat below that of the Championship. Wish I could make Blackburn, last time I was there we lost 2-0 with a somewhat odd defensive set up from Lambert I seem to recall.

Trouble is Morty that Deeney has a big gob, slagging us off over the penalty and have never forgotten his outburst over the called off game against Walsall back in the league one days, the guy is a first class pr1ck in my opinion.

Deeney, Deeney whats the score ;)

Was at the match today.

1. Watford set the tone for diving. They were throwing themselves about and rolling around numerous times before Wes'' incident.

2. We would have still scored our second goal regardless of the pen not being awarded or missed. It wasn''t created and executed because Watford suddenly opened up.

Sour grapes from Watford I''m afraid. We deserved to win and on balance were treated far more harshly by the ref throughout the game than they were.

We won due to Neil''s management not Wes diving.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Trouble is Morty that Deeney has a big gob, slagging us off over the penalty and have never forgotten his outburst over the called off game against Walsall back in the league one days, the guy is a first class pr1ck in my opinion.

Deeney, Deeney whats the score ;)[/quote]Haha, I just provided the link, don''t shoot the messenger[;)]

About time we had some luck. Tell you what? He can have the goal taken off and we still win 2-0 and go above them. He''ll probably want to join us in summer so he''d better sweeten them grapes up!

I was glad you did provide the link Morty i wasn`t being funny, it just reminded me how much of a gobsh1te Deeney is ha ha, 3 points in the bag im a happy man and looking forward to Blackburn on tues night :)

Did Hoolahan actually tell Deeney he dived ? If he did, he obviously wanted to peeve Deeney off even more.

What idiot reporter would take the word of a criminal and publish such nonsense !

The ref was shocking today, both sets of fans thought so, couldn''t see the Wes incident clearly from where I was but its not like Wes to dive and I don''t believe he would have told Deeney he did.

There was a clear foul on Jerome when he was through to goal which the ref shrugged off and loads of other incidents he missed so these incidents even themselves out

[quote user="cityangel"]The ref was shocking today, both sets of fans thought so, couldn''t see the Wes incident clearly from where I was but its not like Wes to dive and I don''t believe he would have told Deeney he did.

There was a clear foul on Jerome when he was through to goal which the ref shrugged off and loads of other incidents he missed so these incidents even themselves out[/quote]Yeah, he pretty much completely dived.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Just watched it again on the footy league show, slowed it down and yes it was a dive, Well done Wess !  :-)[/quote]Can celebrate three points, celebrate Grabban''s penalty kick which was brave, celebrate a good performance but I can''t celebrate a player diving.  We''ve had some bad decisions this season, but cheating to get a penalty is not something I want to see from any player, let alone one in our team.   It happened and we won the game.  Proud of a dive we should not be.

Pretty much the only part of that article I nodded to

"That is my stance on it but nobody wants to hear what Troy Deeney says anyway.”

He''s spot on. No one cares. Like many have said, if it wasn''t for the fact we scored 2 goals after he may have a point, but it just pointless whinging.

OTBC!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Maybe he "took evasive action" ;-)[/quote]Yeah, I''ll have some of that Jimmy.