Sign in to follow this  
Jules

On the Ball City

I''ve been taking a trip down memory lane of late and have been enjoying watching some legacy games on Youtube. What strikes me is that back in the day our fans sang our famous song ''On the Ball City'' at half the pace we do today. Anyone remember when it got sped up? Anyone want to slow it down again? Just curious... :)

Its more of a chant than a song at the moment, needs to slow down and also sing it as a song not a chant!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Its more of a chant than a song at the moment, needs to slow down and also sing it as a song not a chant![/quote]

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVn9eLOkF0

The song smiths amongst the support, need to pen some new songs......containing the word ''Yellow''.....Come on then all you budding lyricists......Adapt these well known poptastic singalongamax songs to sing Home and Away and to our Neighbours....

Yellow Submarine......(By the Earwigs).....

Yellow....(By Cold tap).....

Tie a Yellow Ribbon......(By Sunrise).....

I suggested a yellow submarine lyric years back, but put it in the appropriate page instead of here so barely anyone saw it.

it had nowt to do with the colour but more to do with Darren Huckerby fitting in nicely where the words yellow submarine go.

In the town where I was born

Lived a man who wore thr green

And he scored so many goals

He was Darren Huckerby

We all want more Darren Huckerby....

followed by

You got beat by Darren Huckerby

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]I suggested a yellow submarine lyric years back, but put it in the appropriate page instead of here so barely anyone saw it.

it had nowt to do with the colour but more to do with Darren Huckerby fitting in nicely where the words yellow submarine go.

In the town where I was born

Lived a man who wore thr green

And he scored so many goals

He was Darren Huckerby

We all want more Darren Huckerby....

followed by

You got beat by Darren Huckerby[/quote]
Hey, that''s pretty good.
If you''re eight years old.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Care to share some successful high brow football chants?

Yer such an idiot. A jealous one at that.[/quote]
That''s right, old sport.  My achilles heel is my envy of your redneck mediocrity.
Anyway, try getting your chops around this one:
PARANOID HOOLAHAN-DROID

Please could you play it short, I''m trying to get some rest
From all the Adams/Hughton hoofball in my head
What''s this? (I may be paranoid, a Hoolahan-droid)
What''s this? (I may be paranoid, a Hoolahan-droid)

When I am king, Ruddy will rearrange the wall
With Stephen Whittaker who is of no consequence at all

H''ambition makes us look pretty ugly
Fans all squealing, swearing at McNally,
Here comes Chris Hughton!
Here comes Neil Adams!
We can''t all agree who to blame?
Out of his depth, man
Out of his depth, man
We can''t all agree who to blame? I guess we can...

Ken Brown, Ken Brown
Come on Ken Brown on me
David Stringer
David Stringer ... right...
Ken Brown, Ken Brown
Come on Ken Brown on me
David Stringer
David Stringer ... right...
Now Wesley, you''re leaving,
you''ve kicked your last round pigskin
The silence, the screaming
The Sky Sport network''s in,
The tutting, the jeering,
The morgue like Watling Lounge,
God loves the Snake Pit, God loves the Snake Pit, yeah!

(LOWER BARCLAY PROG ROCK AIR GUITAR SOLO)

That''s rich houston donkey, coming from a bell-end who''s never been to Norwich let alone to a match.

Elftard, I went to Avenue Road Middle School while you were living in cosmopolitanWinnipeg.

Bore, your ridiculous chant fails on so many levels, the most obvious being that it is way too long to ever be heard at a match.

Also, simple, catchy chants are the ones fans use, not choral arrangements The Vienna Boys Choir would have trouble wrapping their minds around.

Mine is easy and fun, yours is Don Quixote. It rambles on about minutiae without actually inspiring team or fan.

Mor

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]I think we''ll call that a win to Bor - mor (of a) bor

No. No you don''t, Duhmbass[/quote]I do.Your "song" was shart, his was funny.The win stands.

I am deeply disappointed that you don''t think "Paranoid Android" would ever make it as a terrace chant.
Let''s stick to your little nursery rhymes, junior.
How''s the trailer park looking this morning?

[quote user="lake district canary"]One effort was amateurish the other pretentious.  Neither wins.[/quote]
I think you have to reward ambition and the attempt to take terrace chanting to the next level, namely the zenith of 1990''s progressive rock.  There were other candidates, such as "Court of the Crimson King" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", but if you want terrace chanting to reach its true potential then you need to dive in at the deep end.
Ideally the Barclay would have started this chant, the Jarrold filling in with backing vocals and general ambience, and the Snake Pit would have played the role of "the robot", angrily questioning everything that had gone before.
In time, it would have been played from four giant quadrophonic speakers installed in the roof of the Holiday Inn you know and love so well, intimidating opposition players and rendering a subliminal form of "brown noise" to sweep through the away fan terraces and leave them soiled in their own filth.  It is not out of the question that Gary Holt, wearing a black cape and carrying the head of a freshly decapitated lamb to the centre circle, would have led the air guitar solo.
Still, you either get it or you don''t.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]One effort was amateurish the other pretentious.  Neither wins.[/quote]
I think you have to reward ambition and the attempt to take terrace chanting to the next level, namely the zenith of 1990''s progressive rock.  There were other candidates, such as "Court of the Crimson King" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", but if you want terrace chanting to reach its true potential then you need to dive in at the deep end.
Ideally the Barclay would have started this chant, the Jarrold filling in with backing vocals and general ambience, and the Snake Pit would have played the role of "the robot", angrily questioning everything that had gone before.
In time, it would have been played from four giant quadrophonic speakers installed in the roof of the Holiday Inn you know and love so well, intimidating opposition players and rendering a subliminal form of "brown noise" to sweep through the away fan terraces and leave them soiled in their own filth.  It is not out of the question that Gary Holt, wearing a black cape and carrying the head of a freshly decapitated lamb to the centre circle, would have led the air guitar solo.
Still, you either get it or you don''t.
[/quote]

Don''t you just hate music that is under produced...............

I have thought that when opposition fans sing "norwich, norwich give us a song " we should have a full rendition of Bohemian rhapsody 😄

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I have thought that when opposition fans sing "norwich, norwich give us a song " we should have a full rendition of Bohemian rhapsody 😄[/quote]That, my friend, is a great idea.[:D]

An all-time favourite, updated with current players:
[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]
Picture yourself in a stand called The River 
With tangy entrees and marvellous pies 
Butler calls Forbesy, who answers quite slowly 
A team-sheet he carefully eyes 
Hoolahan playing in yellow and green 
Jerome towering over his head 
Looks out for Becchio - no FA surprise,
Cos’ he’s gone. 
{CHORUS}
Loosely in disguise the diamond,
Ah... Ah... 
{VERSE 2} 
At one nil down we are climbing a mountain 
The trolls rub their hands, they all smell humble pie 
Everyone smiles: Grabban drifts past defenders 
He scores: an incredible high. 
Newspaper headlines appear on the floor 
Waiting to be taken away 
Climbing the league with our head in the clouds 
And we’re strong 
{CHORUS} 
Picture yourself on a train in a station, 
With binmen for porters with tears in their eyes. 
McCarthy and coaches appear on the platform, 
All clutching their P45’s. 
{CHORUS REPEATED AND FADED}
[/quote]

To Agadoo:

We got Wes, Wes, Wes, Hoolahan the Irish flea;

We got Wes, Wes, Wes, Hoolahan, Norwich Messi.

To the left, to the right, jump up and down oh what a tease!

Cons the ref every game, sing with a Hoolahanody..