Sign in to follow this  
olster

shackell???

Please can someone tell me why he did not play today?

I would love to know why? I am not going to put the team down yet as it was the first game of the season but why one of the players of the season last season was not playing ??

Fleming is not up to it anymore

Great player 3 or 4 seasons ago but has had his day now I am afraid to say

How on earth can you criticise Flemmo for yesterday''s game after the performance of Doherty?  Flemmo was one of our better players, whereas Doherty was an embarrassment.  The number of free kicks he gave away just outside of the area was criminal.

I too would like to know why Shackell was not involved today. With him not even being on the bench, I can only assume that he is either A) Not match fit yet after his recent illness or B) Picked up an injury in training.

But why are people still knocking Fleming when Doherty, in my opinion, was certainly the worst Norwich player on the pitch?

Because Nigel Worthington and his coaching staff clearly think that Fleming and Doherty are better defenders.  I was embarrassed to watch the pair of them today and they actually made Adebola look like a good striker. 

I have seen Worthy''s comment on the Canaries site where he says they need to learn from today.  My reply to that is don''t play Fleming and Doherty together as they will continue to make mediocre Championship strikers look good.

Shackell is probably the best defender at the club and Worthy needs to learn to play him.  The only reason Shackell should not have started today is if he is injured.

Probably because he had the mumps and take it from me once you have had them it takes a while to recover even though you may feel well enough.  Worthy may feel that he has missed too much pre season training to come straight into the team being so young.  Give him a while longer and if he still is not there then maybe the Pink Un can ask why.

actually, flemming had a good game.

Doherty was awful!

Shackell in for Doherty, keep flem in

I believe there was a good enough reason for dropping shackell or he would definatley been on the bench. think about it, if he was fit or whatever he would have been on instead of Brennan. Jarrett was injured which meant Charlton had to play and other than that we had a strong team who have learnt a lesson today.

Fleming will never be dropped, he will still be in the back line when hes 40. No point even asking.

[quote]Please can someone tell me why he did not play today? I would love to know why? I am not going to put the team down yet as it was the first game of the season but why one of the players of the season...[/quote]

I don''t understand why Shackell wasn''t playing or at least on the bench today either. He couldn''t have done any worse than Fleming(to blame for their goal) or the Doc (who gave away a large amount of freekicks)

He wasn''t on the injured list so we have to assume he''s out of favour even though he put in some impressive performances at the end of last season.

Suggests Worthy spends all of the £1.5m from the sale of Judas Francis on an experienced centre half, we need one!!

I''m back, has anyone missed me?

[quote]Please can someone tell me why he did not play today? I would love to know why? I am not going to put the team down yet as it was the first game of the season but why one of the players of the season...[/quote]

I suspect (as he was not even on the bench) that he has still not fully recovered from the mumps.  It can take a while believe me, I had it.

Probably the same reason why we play Fleming, a defender in the middle of the park, and make subs with 3-4 minutes to go.

What that reason is i''ll leave upto you!

But I agree, Shackell must play on Tuesday night. The only thing is, has Worthy got the balls to drop his club captian/change things so early? Time will tell.

Im wondering that too. As he was on the bench I assume he wasnt fully fit, Nigel SURELY couldnt have left him out of the squad altogether?

When Goreham interviewed Worthy, it was a question begging to be asked.

The bloke''s a journalist presumably... SO WHY DIDN''T HE ASK IT????