Sign in to follow this  
Fife Canary

Ground Capacity

Does anyone know for sure if the West Ham, Ipswich and West Brom games are genuinely sold out? As 7000 tickets sold between 3 games only equates to around 2500 per game.

Is it likely that because they have yet to have a safety certificate granted that a number are being held back? Because something does not ring true. Assuming capacity will be 24000 and 3000 tickets go to West Ham that leaves 21000ish for Norwich fans. Now so far this season I have been able to buy 1 ticket with my membership without many problems so where has this demand come from? 16000 average gate + 3000 away supporters + 2500 extra ticket sales still only equals 21500? So unless there are alot of new season ticket holders for the last few games I think Norwich might not be fully telling the truth?

Anyway, needless to say need a ticket! For West Ham game, anyone with a spare get in touch.

PS. Natalie don''t bother unless you are taking me in that ''sports car''.

There are a lot of new season ticket holders for the last eight home games. There are now over 17500 season ticket holders, the maximum the club could allow. These new season tickets will guarentee people their seat for next season and if we get promoted i dont think there will be too many people not renewing their tickets. Not to sure how many tickets away fans will get. 3000 seems a lot, i wouldn''t be surprised if they only released about 2000 for them with demand from home fans so great. Any remaining tickets went on sale to members and they snapped them all up. Basically, i think the club have underestimated the demand and the new south stand is not big enough. However, i feel the club have been sensible and would much prefere to see city playing in front of a full house rather than 6000 empty seats. If we do make it to the promised land then i have heard that the roof will come off and the second teir will be added as soon as the season ends. Apparantly the roof is designed to easily come off and the new tier can be completed in time for the new season.

The ticket office did not say 7000 tickets per game. They said on Monday we have sold 7000 tickets today. No mention per game cos I remember thinking at the time exactly what the first poster has stated.

My understanding is that there will be 18,750 season ticket holders, 2000 away fans (thats the number allocated to West Ham according to their official web site) with the remainder available for members/general sale. The club put around 2500 tickets on sale for each game. This gives a total of 23,250 per game which is about 1000 short of capacity.