Sign in to follow this  
unique

Healthy scenarios....

My expectation is that the team I support does everything it can to win every game. Based on that, my aspiration is for us to gain automatic from where we are at the moment. It would be an expectation if we were 10 points clear. But we still have ground to make up and one defeat tonight as others have said is likely to set us back somewhat.

As to the play offs, I agree that Neil and McLaren would be tough managers for these games, but I don''t see Mcarthy, Karanka, and Howe as any less fearsome opponents in a cup type situation. Only the Watford guy is a bit of an unknown quantity to me in this situation. But I''d have to say that if it were us, Binners, Bournemouth and Watford in the plays offs it would look better for us than if it were us, Derby, Boro and Bournemouth.

I like the fact that we are coming into form at what looks like a perfect time and we have strength in depth now. Only Boro of the top 6 really worry me over the next 14 games, I still see Derby as a bit patchy and wouldn''t be too confident in them holding it together although they have made a couple of good looking loan signings. The others I think will make enough slips here and there to let us in if our form continues.

I will reserve judgement until after the ippo game, I think if we win the next two, we will finish at least second though. Bournemouth don''t concern me much really, derby and boro are the teams to catch and we have massive games at hone to them. I''ll happily take second, not arsed about the title.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan formerly Suffolk Canary"]I hope and expect my team to go up this season, and am very confident we''ll win the title.

This doesn''t make me a ''dreamer'' or unrealistic, it makes me a football supporter wanting their team to do their best.

Stop with your lecturing and pessimistic attitude, LDC.[/quote]

Don''t often get accused of being pessimistic. [:S]  I''m extremely hopeful that the team will win the title and that they have everything in their favour to make it happen - a great squad, some terrific individual players, a terrific young manager, momentum, confidence and form. But, I don''t "expect" them to win it, as that is ignoring what other teams might do.   I trust that they will give it their best shot. I believe they will be in with a shout for top spot and I am sure we can win the title.  But I would never expect it.  If that is pessimism, I''m pessimistic, but to me all I am doing is being realistic. 

If I appear to lecture, it is because I like to encourage people to have a healthier approach to their football - and so much negativity amongst supporters is down to having unrealistic expectations.  Its not that it is unrealistic to think we could win the title, but to expect to win it is something else all together.  My advice - and you can take it or leave it - is enjoy the battle each match, enjoy the ongoing process but don''t get hung up on being somewhere before we get there.