Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

BT Sport 8pm

Ricky''s doin'' alright at St Etienne.....But, I cannot envisage his return to Norfolk come the new season - whatever division of we''re in.....

Doing all right

Really

How many goals this flop got

Remember we want £5M for him

If we never see him again it wont be too soon

Master stroke by McNally to find someone who was not only prepared to cover his wages which I would imagine not far short of £20Kpw but also pay a fee for the fool

Brill piece of business

For the recordHe has scored 5 (five) goals in 23 appearances (16 starts).His total playing time is 1,415 minutes (just short of 24 hours) so that''s one goal every 283 minutes (4.7 hours). All 5 goals have been at home and he''s also managed 1 assist.Why would we want him back?

[quote user="Making Plans"]For the recordHe has scored 5 (five) goals in 23 appearances (16 starts).His total playing time is 1,415 minutes (just short of 24 hours) so that''s one goal every 283 minutes (4.7 hours). All 5 goals have been at home and he''s also managed 1 assist.Why would we want him back?[/quote]If you include three or four minutes for added time in his matches the total goes to well above 1500 minutes. Plus one goal in about 450 minutes of play in the Europa League. Interestingly, that other target of ours, Ola Toivonen, has scored six goals for Rennes in Ligue Un, in 19 appearances (17 starts and two as sub).

Thanks for the heads up on RVW, HC.  Must be worth a look, after all he is still on our books and stranger things have happened.   He may have had a difficult season with us, but if he does well here on in, AN may want to have a look at him.  

[quote user="lake district canary"] if he does well here on in, AN may want to have a look at him.   [/quote]Look at it this way LDC - if we knew nothing about him other than he''s scored 5 goals in 24 hours of football in a poor league there would be absolutely no reason for AN, or anybody else, to "have a look at him". Furthermore, given his "form" with us last season, and so far this season in France, there''s nothing to suggest that he will "do well here on in"

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"] if he does well here on in, AN may want to have a look at him.   [/quote]Look at it this way LDC - if we knew nothing about him other than he''s scored 5 goals in 24 hours of football in a poor league there would be absolutely no reason for AN, or anybody else, to "have a look at him". Furthermore, given his "form" with us last season, and so far this season in France, there''s nothing to suggest that he will "do well here on in"[/quote]

Agreed, but he is still our player and AN is the manager.  It would be remiss of any manager not to consider all players that may be eligible to play for us.  I did say if - and I suppose its a big if - if RVW does well towards the rest of the season, then I''m sure his position will be assessed by NCFC and his success or otherwise taken into account.  After all, there is the scenario that St. Etienne won''t want or can''t afford him meaning he would be back here and presumably in the squad at the beginning of next season.

A month ago a lot of posters on here wanted to get rid of Grabban.

It''s amazing what a manager can do with some players.

Although I think it most unlikely that RvW will return and do well for us he is still one of our players and as such AN will undoubtedly look at him.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]he is still one of our players and as such AN will undoubtedly look at him.[/quote]He''ll probably watch tonight & then go "Nah"

Stick with clappers, those flags would take some throwing at the manager!

I was hoping he lacked confidence playing for careful chris and a stint in France would rebuild that confidence but unfortunately he is just utter utter sh@t

Too lightweight. A good goalscorer in a team that provided all his chances on a plate but will never perform well in a team that cannot do that for him. That said, he''s amongst the top scorers out there isn''t he?

No future at Norwich though, Hooper, Grabban and Jerome every day of the week for me!

It really is sad to see what difference a year made for RvW.Brought in full of confidence with an excellent scoring record, on the fringes of the Dutch national side and even Dutch legend Neeskens was saying it was a great move, and within a few months Hughton managed to destroy all of that and turned a potentially great signing into one of our worst ever (even if I still insist he was horrifically mis-used).Pretty much every other striker we had under Hughton has suffered a similar fate, but in RvW''s case, the whole debacle appears to have had a deeper and much more damaging impact on his career.As already pointed out, with the form and performances we''ve seen from the likes of Hooper, Jerome and Grabban (at times), it would be very hard (and unjustified IMHO) to drop one of them to give another set of chances to RvW, particularly if he''s still being paid a high wage to bench sit for us.Do I think he could turn it around at the right club with the right

manager - absolutely, do I think that it''s likely to be with us -

probably not, but I still wouldn''t be averse to him trying - IF the manager felt it was worth the gamble.

Indy, I don''t think it was Hughton who destroyed his confidence - I think you''ll find that Snodgrass was the culprit by "stealing" and missing the penalty.

I suspect that Snodgrass was quite a bully and I for one am absolutely delighted that he no longer has any influence at CR!

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]Indy, I don''t think it was Hughton who destroyed his confidence - I think you''ll find that Snodgrass was the culprit by "stealing" and missing the penalty.

I suspect that Snodgrass was quite a bully and I for one am absolutely delighted that he no longer has any influence at CR![/quote]He did a similar thing to Pilks at Spurs that season.Although we are probably in the minority, and he did have some good moments in that season, I am also glad he left. I never warmed to the bloke and felt he had too much influence on the team and tactics.

100% agree with Making Plans - even without hindsight I wouldn''t take him back.

Yes it would be lovely and all that tosh but it''s just romance, unfortunately he is a dud. I suspect those that want him back are the ones who paid to have "Wolfswinkel" written on the back of their replica shirts!

I said when he was here I don''t think Snodgrass was the most switched on of people... if he didn''t have football it really would be bottom level jobs on minimum wage for him....

as for RVW scored goals in poor leagues before he came to us.. people got carried away by the fact he was scprog against inferior opposition. it was obvious after about 2 or 3 games (spurs away springs to mind) that he was NEVER going to be a good player for us. if St Etienne don''t sign him we will release him.

we''ll see him in the dutch 2nd division or league 2 in 3 years