Sign in to follow this  
Gipsy Lane

Tell me it's going to be alright

I am worried

We are on a roll and I should be really optimistic. it''s just that I can''t get out of my head that we are NCFC - Blackburn away on a Tuesday night just smells like disaster to me.

Please tell me not to worry and all will be fine!

[quote user="Gipsy Lane"]I am worried

We are on a roll and I should be really optimistic. it''s just that I can''t get out of my head that we are NCFC - Blackburn away on a Tuesday night just smells like disaster to me.

Please tell me not to worry and all will be fine![/quote]Afraid I can''t do that.Its a tough, tough game tonight, a win there would be huge, a loss could send this place into meltdown.People who are talking about automatic promotion need to calm down a bit and just focus on one game at a time, just like the manager is.I am cautiously optimistic, we''re in great form, but we will drop points somewhere.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="ricardo"]Only ever won once at Ewood Park in 17 attempts.12 defeats.

[/quote]I don''t think that''s the kind of help the OP had in mind.[:)][/quote]Lets put a happy spin on it then.surely a positive result is long overdue.[:D][Y]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]i am not now going to drive 500 miles to see us lose be positive city to win 3-0[/quote]Just read it has been snowing there, take a hat!

I remember going there when we were in the prem under Worthington while I was at university in Preston. Robert Green had a bad day but the first half he had the sun in his eyes and in the second he had torrential rain driving into his face. It just seemed like we were fated to lose. They had a bunch of t0ssers in their team at the time including Robbie Savage and Paul Dickov. We could never seem to score a goal away from home in those days.Things are very different now. I like the things Alex Neil has been saying about focusing on this game and avoiding complacency. We are on good form and I don''t remember a season where our away form has been so good. However, we cannot assume that we will win (or even draw) games like this one. What we do need to do is make sure that we win the big games and match the teams above us over the course of the remaining fixtures. They will all lose the odd game too. Things could be very close at the end of the season.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]In the last 10 years (11 games), if we were to add all the results up, the score would be:

Blackburn 20 - 12 Norwich

have a nice trip

x[/quote]I know you''re only having a bit of fun, but the idea of history mattering is an odd one.Blackburn certainly aren''t the team they used to be, but to try and compare what might happen tonight, with two totally different teams, different managers and vastly differing footballing statuses, compared to what happened previously, always strikes me as daft.

Yes I do agree with you Morty, history (logically speaking) doesn''t come into whether a team will or will not pick up a good result. However, it is strange that (nearly) every team has a ''bogey team'' that they rarely beat; ours is Fulham of course. However, I do have a very good feeling about the last game of the season this year.

Lets also not forget that we won comfortably against them (blackburn) this season, of course this does not mean that we''ll do the same. It''s likely to be a tough game.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Yes I do agree with you Morty, history (logically speaking) doesn''t come into whether a team will or will not pick up a good result. However, it is strange that (nearly) every team has a ''bogey team'' that they rarely beat; ours is Fulham of course. However, I do have a very good feeling about the last game of the season this year.

Lets also not forget that we won comfortably against them (blackburn) this season, of course this does not mean that we''ll do the same. It''s likely to be a tough game.[/quote]Yeah, the whole bogey team is an odd one.I think though the fixture list does have a bearing in our case with Fulham, it seems that in recent years when we have been playing them, there has always been something huge in it. I notice Fulham is our last game this season, promotion could be riding on it!

Teams that have 2 consecutive away games often struggle in the 2nd game against teams that have 2 consecutive home games. A point tonight would be fantastic, but the most important thing is that we don''t over-react if we do happen to lose. Whatever the result, our season won''t be determined tonight for sure.

[quote user="Mr Grumpy"]Teams that have 2 consecutive away games often struggle in the 2nd game against teams that have 2 consecutive home games. A point tonight would be fantastic, but the most important thing is that we don''t over-react if we do happen to lose. Whatever the result, our season won''t be determined tonight for sure.[/quote]Well said.  However, it would put a break in our momentum if we lose. Even so, sometimes a loss can bring you back down to earth and make you re-focus.   We are hardly likely to win every single game between now and the end of the season anyway, so the odd loss has to be taken with a positive attitude.  Having said that, another win tonight would be fantastic.

Personally I don''t think it''s so much that it will determine our season Grumpy, I think it''s more about winning when the binners come here and we get to overtake them by beating them, that would be good. If we both lose tonight, I don''t think people will be as disappointed imo.

Right now tonights game is all important. But win, lose or draw come 9:45 tonight the focus moves on to the next game. The aim must always be to win the next game and finish as high as possible.

Stakes are high and the pressure is on. Brentford and Watford are likely to win at home vs. Blackpool and Rotherham. If we lose today we can lose the ground we gained on Saturday (and likely to drop back to 7th). But as teams ahead of as also play mid-table oppositions points are likely to be dropped, and a win could further close the gap.

Realistically a win against Watford at Watford wasnt going to be easy but in the second half we make it look so.

If we''re ever going to win there now is as good a time as any!

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]2-0 to City. Redmond and Hooper scoring.[/quote]

Thank you for a voice of reason Percy. Our manager has never managed ANY team against them. How many of our squad have ever played at Ewood park for City? What has happened in the past should have no bearing on tonight''s events. I would hope that the players have no knowledge of the past results between us. And we are ten points ahead of them, so are infinitely better.

[quote user="morty"][.....Blackburn certainly aren''t the team they used to be, but to try and compare what might happen tonight, with two totally different teams, different managers and vastly differing footballing statuses, compared to what happened previously, always strikes me as daft.[/quote]

How come we never beat Fulham then ? ( wink )