Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Songs/Chants

As a wizzened middle age (*cough cough*) man, I long for a few new songs/ chants, from more gifted people than I.

Even miss "There''s only one (insert player''s name)" type songs. The only one that seems to be doing the rounds now is Cameron Jerome.

The likes of "He''s fat, he''s round, he ..............." although not appropriate in these extremely athletic days, would make for a better atmosphere

Could the more vocal fans please start a few more up please, to make an ever increasing ageing man, happy?

I''m sure next Sunday won''t be a problem, and we will hear one or two that we haven''t heard for a while, as they will be Binner specific.

Any takers?

There''s quite a few new ones doing the rounds at away games at the moment, one in particular sounds pretty good:

One shirt, one football team; two colours, yellow, green; one City strong; and we''ll march on (and on, and on)...

That''s a good one, EC. Sadly it won''t work because it''s not complicated enough and doesn''t have several verses nor directions for which stands to sing which lines. That according to Chant Laureate. Mor Bore.

But I like it.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]That''s a good one, EC. Sadly it won''t work because it''s not complicated enough and doesn''t have several verses nor directions for which stands to sing which lines. That according to Chant Laureate. Mor Bore. But I like it.[/quote]

You''d be doing us all a favour if you keep this argument in the ''On the ball City'' thread.

I wonder what happened to one of the most simple and powerful chants:

"Score in a minute, we''re gonna score in a minute; score in a minute!" (to Guantanamera).

The opposition tend to concede following a narrow escape when we attack/hit a post etc. when that song reverberates around Carrow Rd! Be perfect for a retro return on Sunday...

i like the fact we have the same song for Johnson and Redmond maybe something like  number 4,number 4 bradly Johnson number 4 number 4 i say number 4 number 4 bradly johnson ,he gets booked nearly every game