Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Team For Blackburn

Is anyones guess now, consider resting Tettey due to his supposed dodgy knee and another booking, maybe give Jerome a rest after returning from injury and maybe rest Hoolahan due to Blackburn being a much more direct side. Im going with:

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Howson Johnson

Redmond Hooper Dorrans

Grabban

Rudd Cuellar Garrido Tettey Andreu Hoolahan Jerome

Agreed. I made the point today that i doubt Hoolahan would start again for Alex Neil and would be off in the summer. Well the first part was definately wrong. Alex Neil reminds of Lambert in how he changes lineups, tactics and formations to suit different teams. Something Hughton & Adams didnt do.

If

I were you

CJRV 2014 I''d just let the man in charge get on with it because it seems like he knows what he''s doing. Interesting though that Blackburn couldn''t beat Blackpool today

I think Blackburn are bang average but we dont have a great record there. Wouldve taken 4 points from this and Watford but wouldve thought the win to come from Blackburn so hopefully we can make it 6 points.

If I''m right in saying Blackburn play 4-3-3.

So I''d play the 4-4-2 against this average side away from home.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin bassong olsson

Redmond Howson Johnson dorrans

Hooper

Grabban

Leave the likes of jerome and tettey on the bench. Needed if required basis.

Get as close to 100% team fitness for the IPSWICH game. Where everybody will be fighting for the place

Johnno and Tettey are on 9 bookings aren''t they? We need at least one of them on Tues so maybe johnson there and hope he doesn''t get booked. Dorrans in for tettey. Perhaps vadis on the bench. I''d keep the back 5 the same as long as we can. Give Redmond his place back over Wes and go with hooper and grabban next time out. Harsh on any of the three main strikers but we can''t play all of them.

-------------------Ruddy-----------------------

Whittaker---Martin---Bassong---Olsson

----------------------Ofoe----------------------

Redmond--Hooper---Howson--Dorrans

--------------------Jerome---------------------

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-------------------Ruddy-----------------------

Whittaker---Martin---Bassong---Olsson

----------------------Ofoe----------------------

Redmond--Hooper---Howson--Dorrans

--------------------Jerome---------------------[/quote]

Is Ofoe equipped to be a disciplined DM?  

He''s played there for his former club...however he''s also played at CM and on the wings for Brugge as well. Tbh I doubt we''ll see this line-up, but it would be my choice because it''s a team that is interchangeable, for example it can be a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Jerome going wide and Hooper pushing up

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s played there for his former club...however he''s also played at CM and on the wings for Brugge as well. Tbh I doubt we''ll see this line-up, but it would be my choice because it''s a team that is interchangeable, for example it can be a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Jerome going wide and Hooper pushing up[/quote]Fair enough, it would be a real bonus if he can play there in the way Tettey has been recently.  If so, that team looks strong.

He won''t be as good as Tettey there, I think we can be pretty sure of that. However, because we (and Blackburn) have played a lot of football we need to use our squad I feel, especially after such a hard game v Watford (although the last 20mins sounded easy). We have some fantastic players on the bench such as Dorrans, Andreu, Hoolahan (who played in the last game) as well as Hooper of course. There''s no reason for not using them when our ''first 11'' will be knackered.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He won''t be as good as Tettey there, I think we can be pretty sure of that. However, because we (and Blackburn) have played a lot of football we need to use our squad I feel, especially after such a hard game v Watford (although the last 20mins sounded easy). We have some fantastic players on the bench such as Dorrans, Andreu, Hoolahan (who played in the last game) as well as Hooper of course. There''s no reason for not using them when our ''first 11'' will be knackered.[/quote]Agreed. Would like to see what Ofoe can do.  Dorrans is a real asset to have and can play anywhere the manager wants.  I wonder if he could be in that DM role tomorrow, with Ofoe further forward. Its a bit of a guessing game, but given that AN likes that single disciplined DM role, I wonder if he will stick with that format or whether we will see something different tomorrow.  Time will tell, but all the options look good.

The Blackburn pitch is a bit of a cabbage field at the moment and certainly isn''t going to be conducive to an expansive passing game.

I am expecting to see a lot of long ball stuff, Jerome starting, with a narrow mid field again.

Could be a good game for VOO to start, he is a very strong powerful player, not the sort of game for Wes IMO.

You cannot not play anyone because they might be booked for the Ipswich game.

Lets just go for the three points at Blackburn and take any consequences.

No one else can do Tettey''s role, it has become key. We will miss him for two games at some point though. But if there was one player I wouldn''t want to lose for the 1p5wich game it would be BJ who is having the kind of season where he will stand out in the derby game.

RUDOLPH HUCKER wrote the following post at 23/02/2015 9:37 PM:

"You cannot not play anyone because they might be booked for the Ipswich game.

Lets just go for the three points at Blackburn and take any consequences"

Quite right, the points are the same for the Blackburn and the Scummer game and we put out our most effective team to win each game.

Tettey has played many minutes of footy this season having received a yellow during a game and avoided a second, he is able to keep his discipline.

He just has to start tomorrow with the mindset that he has already picked up a yellow and keep his discipline accordingly.

The game against the scum (logically speaking in terms of position) will be harder. Although it''s a gamble not playing Tetttey, I think it''s a bigger gamble playing both Tettey and Johnson who could both be booked, as well as Tettey likely not being 100%. But I suppose its a gamble either way.

We saw Blackburn and the binners within 4 days of eachother back in August. On what I saw then I would have placed their current league positions the other way around. Funny old game....

Tetty himself, a few weeks ago, said that his knee "needs to be managed". This would indicate that he will miss games to keep him fit. I doubt very much that he will play tonight, keeping him available for the binners. And a yellow in that match would be very timely, missing Wigan and Millwall games, but clearing him for the rest of the season, plus he gets a short break to rest his knee some more. I call that a win/win situation.

If he is not fit to play because of his knee then that''s the answer.

You''re right, I do recall an interview where he said he couldn''t manage two games a week; whereas people like Jonno could play every day!

We saw against Brentford what happened when we didn''t have the personnel for midfield so I would be very wary of risking both BJ and Tettey tonight as Sunday will be blood and thunder from the start and Mcarthy will have them well up for it. I don''t know much about Blackburn but Ipswich have seemed a more aerial physical team, so it might be worth preserving Tettey for that one as the central spine will be key. It might be too soon for Vadis but that could be an option with BJ on the left midfield.

Is O''Neill out? I lose track of these things......

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]We saw against Brentford what happened when we didn''t have the personnel for midfield so I would be very wary of risking both BJ and Tettey tonight as Sunday will be blood and thunder from the start and Mcarthy will have them well up for it. I don''t know much about Blackburn but Ipswich have seemed a more aerial physical team, so it might be worth preserving Tettey for that one as the central spine will be key. It might be too soon for Vadis but that could be an option with BJ on the left midfield.

Is O''Neill out? I lose track of these things......[/quote]Yes, Oneill is still out with his broken toe, not heard mention of him so assume he isn''t even close.I''m not so sure the derby will be blood and thunder actually, Ipswich will be pretty worried about coming here, and we have more than enough options to combat anything they can throw at us.

Blackburn fans aren''t confident, they think they''ll get battered

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/topic/31806-rovers-vs-norwich-at-ewood-park-24215/page-2

I think it will be a very close game, it''s raining up there now and the pitch looked shit on Saturday, conditions in which City have not always done well, to say the least!!

Will be a real test of the character of the squad. If we can come through this one it will be another big tick in the box.

I would rest Tettey in readiness for Sunday and start

Ruddy

Whittaker   Martin  Bassong  Olsson

Johnson

Howson  Grabban  Wes   Dorrans

Jerome

I want us to win this one with craft and movement, rather than directness. Even if the pitch is a bit of a pudding, we should be able to tire them out by playing a possession game.RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson Howson JohnsonRedmond Hoolahan DorransHooperSUBSRuddTurnerGarridoTetteyAndreuGrabbanJerome

Ofoe looked tidy and assured against Man Citeh u21''s so he must now be in with a shout of a return to the first team squad.

He was certainly the best player on the pitch that night and seemed to stroll through the game.

I think he could easily play defensive midfield, he seems to have a fair amount of size and strength to his game

One thing is for certain, AN will make changes but it''s a guess as to who but looks as though he''s settled with the back 4/5.

My guess is Dorrans will get a start as will Redmond, Ewood Park is one of the wider pitches