Sign in to follow this  
truecanary<H4><FONT size=7>OTBC<FONT><H4>

My First Post has to be something important...DEANO

As I said, its my first post!!!
So Deano...Does everyone think that he will top score for us this season?-I have an inkiling that Leon might just profit from Deano''s aerial prowess, and pip him to the golden boot.
Cannot wait till Saturday. Hope Damo goes quickly and as quietly as he can now, or he comes out,saying a change of heart and that he now wants to take us back to the Prem, and prove to himself how stupid he was to disrespect the contract we improved last year, and how he shouldnt listen to his agent! Either way, if he ever wears yellow again, I can tell you i will be supporting him 110%. As i will the rest of the lads, i can feel a long, hard season ahead, with many many highs and a few scattered lows. So lets get behind the boys starting Saturday, and lets sing them to promotion.

Ummm...I can''t see how any Norwich player will be the top scorer in the league. Don''t get me wrong Deano has got the skill to finish on top but he needs support from the other 10 player on the pitch. Very rarely do strikers score goals made and taken by themselves.
We really need someone this season to provide the bit of skill and class before the actual goal.
Last season we tried to walk the ball into the back of the net...which lets face it is never going to be easy.

Hopefully we''ve learnt a few lessons and we can start making the most of Corners and free kicks and not hit the first defender every time.

[quote]As I said, its my first post!!! So Deano...Does everyone think that he will top score for us this season?-I have an inkiling that Leon might just profit from Deano''s aerial prowess, and pip him to th...[/quote]

Hi Alex Fenton, good first post... I reckon Deano will probably top it personally, but agree that he and Leon together will be lethal and, providing there are no major injuries to either, they could both very well be up there... hopefully with AJ wallowing beneath them!

I too will always support our boys 110%, but if Francis does come back then his performances are going to have to be at least 111% to get my full backing!

Saturday couldn''t be any more exciting........

slim: why? he was a one man team for crewe. in the first half of the season he scored 19 goals for crewe and got them into a play off spot. After he left they didn''t win a SINGLE game, and scored very few goals untill the last day of the season when they finally won a game to stay in the league.

therefore, firstly, if he can be a one man team for crewe why cant he be for us?

and secondly, our team is a LOT better than crewe''s was, so he doesn''t need to be a one man team. the players we have will be able to get balls to him, and he in turn will be able to create chances single handedly.

Ah yes... Andy or as he likes to be called Andrew Johnson, that "lethal" striker who everyone seems to love. Well... the media at least. So how many of his goals this season will come from that situation where the referee blows his whistle, takes all the players away from the ball and lets Andrew kick it at the goal. Ah aren''t penalties wonderful... NO! Not when they come from cheats like Johnson.

For me the news that he''s staying at Palace is the worst news for NCFC of the whole close season. Through fair means or foul he will score a bucketful of goals in this division this year and I believe will make Palace a real threat to us. I know they''re a one-man band but so they were in the Prem. and he still scored and scored and scored. One side-line to this. I hope the news that he''s on £24,000 a week doesn''t cause problems at FCR. You can bet your sweet little bippy Deano''s on nothing like that sort of dough and I hope it doesn''t unsettle him.

If he stays fit, Deano must get 25+ unless  ...

My concern is what happens if we make a slow start, he made a big impression in the Premiership last season, and someone is bound to be sniffing around in the Transfer Window at Christmas.  How loyal will he want to be if we''re 9th and Villa/ManCity/Everton, or any of the other second tier vultures offer £4m, a pay rise and mid-table Premiership obscurity? Lets hope we''re in the top three and then this won''t happen ...

Im prettty sure that Deano, with Hucks, is the ticket out of the Fizzy at 1st time of asking.  Lose either of them and it looks like another long battle ...   

[quote]If he stays fit, Deano must get 25+ unless ... My concern is what happens if we make a slow start, he made a big impression in the Premiership last season, and someone is bound to be sniffing around...[/quote]

Lets just stop a minute. £4million? For Dean Ashton?

Peter Crouch went for £7million and he hasn''t got a patch on Dean Ashton. This guy is the next Alan Shearer... he is going to be in the England Team in 2-3 years time, whether playing for Norwich City or another club.

He scored bucketloads of goals for Crewe, where there wasn''t much being created for him, and he now has players like Huckerby and McKenzie feeding him. He scored 7 goals in 16 premiership games in a relegated side. Shearer got 7 in 26 when he started playing.

If Ashton goes for anything less than £9/10million there needs to be some serious questions asked. (Drogba, £24million, :laugh

[quote]Ah yes... Andy or as he likes to be called Andrew Johnson, that "lethal" striker who everyone seems to love. Well... the media at least. So how many of his goals this season will come from that situat...[/quote]

Let''s hope that the refs in the Championship are less keen on giving penalties and more keen on yellow and red cards for diving.  A couple of red cards in quick succession should sort the situation out.

[quote]If he stays fit, Deano must get 25+ unless ... My concern is what happens if we make a slow start, he made a big impression in the Premiership last season, and someone is bound to be sniffing around...[/quote]

There''s no way we would sell Deano for £4 million. He has a sell on clause in his contract (25% I think) so if he went for £4 million, Norwich wouldn''t actually make a profit! He''s contracted for a while yet so we can rebuff offers and only except silly money offers if Deano asks to go!