Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Canary Player

Just wanted to know from anyone else who uses it if they are satisfied with it.   I may be hard to please, but to me, all I am getting is Radio Norfolk, two interviews a week and some poor quality video called "extended" highlights which amount to less than five minutes, sometimes only two or three.   The picture quality is grainy (more like a dodgy stream quality) and not up to you tube standards, so the free highlights on youtube are much better.  I''ve asked questions, but not really had a good reply and wondered if anyone else thought the same?   I put off subscribing to it for a long time because of poor reports about it. 

The only thing of any worth is the radio commentary, but if Radio Norfolk can''t put the commentary online for free because of contractual agreements, then those contractual reasons must be because clubs must have bought the rights for it.  I suppose I wonder how much the club pays for the right to put Radio Norfolk on for match commentaries.  I thought the BBC was supposed to be a free service, but in effect, all I am doing is paying money for something I should be able to get for free and practically nothing else worth paying for (the poor picture quality and insulting "extended" highlights which are not "extended" at all).

Final question - who runs "Norwich City TV" on you tube?  Is it the same people as run "Canary Player"?  It seems so, but if that is the case, why so little stuff on canary player - which people pay for  - and more stuff on you tube which is free? 

Cue the "it''s only a quid a week" comments, but I would think that

quality of service is what matters, not how much people have to pay.

Quality of service is pegged to pricing. It is only a quid a week and you should expect a quid a week''s worth of value - which the above sounds like to me.

I don''t see the issue here, either use it or don''t, but don''t expect investment in something largely run as a service rather than a commercial enterprise.

Things could be better. Cardiff city show their entire matches replayed on their player web page each week. ?Why not Norwich. Perhaps they should recruit Jack Reeve He would lift the standards and keep us distant Canaries happy.

My lad bought a bag of crisps at the ground yesterday, when he opened the bag some of the crisps inside weren''t intact, a few had edges broken off and some were in half.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]My lad bought a bag of crisps at the ground yesterday, when he opened the bag some of the crisps inside weren''t intact, a few had edges broken off and some were in half.[/quote]

I bought a  takeaway pizza the other day. The box on the outside said it was a pizza, but when I opened it, the base wasn''t cooked properly,  the topping was all over the place and it was pretty much inedible. I took it back.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]My lad bought a bag of crisps at the ground yesterday, when he opened the bag some of the crisps inside weren''t intact, a few had edges broken off and some were in half.[/quote]

I bought a  takeaway pizza the other day. The box on the outside said it was a pizza, but when I opened it, the base wasn''t cooked properly,  the topping was all over the place and it was pretty much inedible. I took it back.

[/quote]You should have started a thread about it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]all I am getting is Radio Norfolk, two interviews a week and some poor quality video called "extended" highlights which amount to less than five minutes, sometimes only two or three.   The picture quality is grainy (more like a dodgy stream quality) and not up to you tube standards, so the free highlights on youtube are much better.  I''ve asked questions, but not really had a good reply and wondered if anyone else thought the same?   I put off subscribing to it for a long time because of poor reports about it.The only thing of any worth is the radio commentary[/quote]What has changed in the last month Lakey?[quote user="lake district canary"][Y]  Signed up - much better than I had thought, good to hear the

commentary.  Still a bit miffed I have to pay just to get Radio Norfolk

when the rest of the time I can get it free..........but the videos,

highlights and full press conferences are worth the subscription.
   People were right to suggest it.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/11/3208508/ShowPost.aspx#3208508

[quote user="lake district canary"]Final question - who runs "Norwich City TV" on you tube?  Is it the same people as run "Canary Player"?  It seems so, but if that is the case, why so little stuff on canary player - which people pay for  - and more stuff on you tube which is free?  [/quote]
I think I stated the answers in the previous thread about YouTube. The club is waiting on their agreement with FLi to end (Who run Canaries Player), the club hence are publishing as much content on YouTube as they can at the moment and using that to distribute media, using YouTube gives them better access to analytics and such for social media and helps them discover and improve their content. 
In regards to Radio Norfolk, the commentary agreement with them runs out at the end of this season AFAIK. Have you noticed all the Radio Norfolk advertising around Carrow Road has gone? Commentary teams removed from above the tunnel and into the Jarrold gantry''s? To me it looks as if when the deal expires with the BBC and FLi they could serve commentary online themselves. Who knows, have the BBC fallen out with NCFC?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]all I am getting is Radio Norfolk, two interviews a week and some poor quality video called "extended" highlights which amount to less than five minutes, sometimes only two or three.   The picture quality is grainy (more like a dodgy stream quality) and not up to you tube standards, so the free highlights on youtube are much better.  I''ve asked questions, but not really had a good reply and wondered if anyone else thought the same?   I put off subscribing to it for a long time because of poor reports about it.The only thing of any worth is the radio commentary[/quote]What has changed in the last month Lakey?[quote user="lake district canary"][Y]  Signed up - much better than I had thought, good to hear the

People were right to suggest it.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/11/3208508/ShowPost.aspx#3208508[/quote]

Yes, dear, that was my initial reaction.  However, as you get into the service you realise how poor it actually is.  I wouldn''t be the first person to get a new toy out of the box, think its fantastic and then five minutes later realise it was a waste of money.  

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]all I am getting is Radio Norfolk, two interviews a week and some poor quality video called "extended" highlights which amount to less than five minutes, sometimes only two or three.   The picture quality is grainy (more like a dodgy stream quality) and not up to you tube standards, so the free highlights on youtube are much better.  I''ve asked questions, but not really had a good reply and wondered if anyone else thought the same?   I put off subscribing to it for a long time because of poor reports about it.The only thing of any worth is the radio commentary[/quote]What has changed in the last month Lakey?[quote user="lake district canary"][Y]  Signed up - much better than I had thought, good to hear the

People were right to suggest it.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/11/3208508/ShowPost.aspx#3208508

[/quote]
Damn! That IS damning.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]all I am getting is Radio Norfolk, two interviews a week and some poor quality video called "extended" highlights which amount to less than five minutes, sometimes only two or three.   The picture quality is grainy (more like a dodgy stream quality) and not up to you tube standards, so the free highlights on youtube are much better.  I''ve asked questions, but not really had a good reply and wondered if anyone else thought the same?   I put off subscribing to it for a long time because of poor reports about it.The only thing of any worth is the radio commentary[/quote]What has changed in the last month Lakey?[quote user="lake district canary"][Y]  Signed up - much better than I had thought, good to hear the

People were right to suggest it.[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/11/3208508/ShowPost.aspx#3208508[/quote]
Damn! That IS damning.
[/quote]

Not really.  As I said my initial reaction was "this is great".   A few weeks later and I find the service poor,  only two interviews a week and the picture quality is poor - and there are no "extended" highlights, only a couple of minutes if you''re lucky.

Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]

I don''t know why I''m bothering, but if you actually read through you will understand - if you could put your prejudice away for a minute.

I was pleased at first, but over the last few weeks realised there is precious little that actually gets out on there - and even in so called "HD" the highlight picture quality is poor.  This may resonate with others who use the service, I don''t know, but starting a thread about it is legitimate, football related and to do with Norwich City. OK??

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]

I don''t know why I''m bothering, but if you actually read through you will understand - if you could put your prejudice away for a minute.

I was pleased at first, but over the last few weeks realised there is precious little that actually gets out on there - and even in so called "HD" the highlight picture quality is poor.  This may resonate with others who use the service, I don''t know, but starting a thread about it is legitimate, football related and to do with Norwich City. OK??

[/quote]Nobody knows why you''re bothering.You''re really not getting the hints, are you? And not just from me.

[quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]
I guess like many on here, I am not alone in watching the LDC pantomime unfold in daily instalments, and like most I have stayed out of it, but it has to be said, the bloke often leaves  himself wide open. I will say though, that among the attention seeking and sometimes banal posts LDC does occasionally post coherent and valid  points. Also you have to admire his thick skin, persistence and commitment in providing the forum with some "entertainment". [;)]

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]
I guess like many on here, I am not alone in watching the LDC pantomime unfold in daily instalments, and like most I have stayed out of it, but it has to be said, the bloke often leaves  himself wide open. I will say though, that among the attention seeking and sometimes banal posts LDC does occasionally post coherent and valid  points. Also you have to admire his thick skin, persistence and commitment in providing the forum with some "entertainment". [;)]
[/quote]I am all for a bit of forum comedy and variety myself, I actually miss Wiz (who was a hundred times better at this than Lakey ever will be)But it has got to the stage where he knows it annoys people, he knows (and revels in) the negative attention it brings, and just does it all the more, purely because he can.All a bit sad really, I could actually feel sorry for him.

Daz "Also you have to admire his thick skin, persistence and commitment in providing the forum with some "entertainment".

In the style of a medieval jester.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]I don''t know why I''m bothering, but if you actually read through you will understand - if you could put your prejudice away for a minute. I was pleased at first, but over the last few weeks realised there is precious little that actually gets out on there - and even in so called "HD" the highlight picture quality is poor.  This may resonate with others who use the service, I don''t know, but starting a thread about it is legitimate, football related and to do with Norwich City. OK??[/quote]Nobody knows why you''re bothering.You''re really not getting the hints, are you? And not just from me.[/quote]

Yes, I''m getting the hints that however reasonable and sensible my posts are they will get short thrift from the likes of you and Lappinitup.  I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I thought Canary Player was good at first glance, but a few weeks later find there is actually little on there to warrant subscribing to it.

You like to post a lot on here.  Whatever percentage of your posts are to do with football, a good part of what you do is antagonistic, unpleasant,  self-engrandising sh*t. Well done.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Then of course you realised that you had woken up desperate to start a thread whingeing about something to get you a bit of attention.Mission succesful[Y][/quote]I don''t know why I''m bothering, but if you actually read through you will understand - if you could put your prejudice away for a minute. I was pleased at first, but over the last few weeks realised there is precious little that actually gets out on there - and even in so called "HD" the highlight picture quality is poor.  This may resonate with others who use the service, I don''t know, but starting a thread about it is legitimate, football related and to do with Norwich City. OK??[/quote]Nobody knows why you''re bothering.You''re really not getting the hints, are you? And not just from me.[/quote]

Yes, I''m getting the hints that however reasonable and sensible my posts are they will get short thrift from the likes of you and Lappinitup.  I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I thought Canary Player was good at first glance, but a few weeks later find there is actually little on there to warrant subscribing to it.

You like to post a lot on here.  Whatever percentage of your posts are to do with football, a good part of what you do is antagonistic, unpleasant,  self-engrandising sh*t. Well done.

[/quote]Right, final word.You are playing stupid games. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. And you think you are being oh so clever too, holding your hands up and saying "I only want to talk about the club I love". You think you are somehow standing up for your rights, and winding people up seems to be a big part of that.But the fact is, you are truly awful at the game, terrible. I have been in and around internet forums pretty much for as long as they have existed, and blokes like you are ten a penny. I am unpleasant to you because you are dishonest. There has been lies, games, fake accounts and flounces. You make a mockery of the people who genuinely come here to discuss football.You seem to get a perverse kick out of being disliked, you seriously have some real life issues that need addressing.And your antics are frankly embarrassing for a man of your age.

So Lake Blowhard starts threads to get reactions. Why does anyone start a thread? (answer: to get reactions)

Other blowhards arrive on scene to take the thread off course. Why? To draw attention and reactions.

You loudmouths criticizing Lake are Lords of Hypocrisy, attacking Lake for drawing attention by......drawing attention. It doesn''t get any duller than this. Welcome to the rural, backwoods media site where Dumb and Dumber comes to life.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]So Lake Blowhard starts threads to get reactions. Why does anyone start a thread? (answer: to get reactions)

Other blowhards arrive on scene to take the thread off course. Why? To draw attention and reactions.

You loudmouths criticizing Lake are Lords of Hypocrisy, attacking Lake for drawing attention by......drawing attention. It doesn''t get any duller than this. Welcome to the rural, backwoods media site where Dumb and Dumber comes to life.[/quote]Houston, you are hilarious. But probably not for the reasons you think you are.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yes, I''m getting the hints that however reasonable and sensible my posts are they will get short thrift from the likes of you and Lappinitup.[/quote]Woah! I''ve only made one post on this thread where I asked a reasonable and sensible question and you gave a reasonable and sensible answer. I can only assume your need to mention me personally is to draw me into another of your long winded arguments. Count me out this time.