Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

WAS I WRONG TO BOO FRANCIS?

at the game last friday i had a heated discussion with guy behind me about booing francis. said i thought he was great in prem but i didnt. what i am annoyed about is francis has at no point said he wanted to stay at the club or that his agent should be quiet, which is what hux said about his agent. he also told me i should be venting my feelings to green about him wanting to leave. at this i said the difference was that green has been honest with everyone saying that until the right move came along he would give 100% to the club. this is all i wanted francis to do, is that so wrong?

I am in total agreement with you. Some people seem to have odd ideas about how players should act. As you said Green has said that until the right club comes in for him he will give 100% for Norwich City which is the complete opposite of what Francis has done. If you were right to boo or not is something I''m not sure I about. I personally stayed quiet when his name was read out and when he came on late in the second half. Having said that those that cheered him were as much in the wrong as those who booed as they obviously don''t want the best for the club.

"they obviously don''t want the best for the club"

The best means to win, to win takes goals from midfield as well as the strikers, and Francis can score goals from midfield - the big difference from the Mulryne/Holt days.

He has always been lazy, it''s just only been highlighted recently, but a Div 1 squad with Francis in is a stronger squad than without.

Without the fans football wouldn''t exist. You paid for your ticket and you paid the right to boo.

I disagree with booing players who aren''t good enough but still give it their all (ie. Easton, Holt, Flem, Hendo, etc) and generally it''s not a good thing.

But Francis has done worse to this club and it''s fans than ''boo'' so he deserves everything he gets

In short, yes you were wrong (imo, of course)... however, I think so were the people who cheered him, as Rasputin says... I will personally never boo a player in a Norwich shirt, but think that silence is the best way to show a player how we feel about him...

Anyone who boo''s their own players, should be keelhauled, the mangy swabs!.

Even though Francis is IMO, the worst pirate I''ve ever come across, he is/was a City player.

And we don''t do that, savvy!.

[quote]In short, yes you were wrong (imo, of course)... however, I think so were the people who cheered him, as Rasputin says... I will personally never boo a player in a Norwich shirt, but think that sile...[/quote]

I sat next to you, and you cheered. Pocket Hypocrite.

When I said "fans should want the best" well a player who only performed when he wanted and was no doubt going to start disturbing the good feeling inside the club would have had a negative affect on us. I personally never saw this great player that people seemed to see, just someone who sometimes showed moments of brilliance but most of the time wondered about as if he had all the time in the world to do something with the ball.

[quote]I sat next to you, and you cheered. Pocket Hypocrite.[/quote]

No I didn''t, I clapped a bit towards the end cos he was playing well and putting in effort, and complained that people were booing... was probably just making Monkey noises... Evil ones, of course...

dont know who you are but you definitely didnt sit next to me unless i have adopted you without knowing it as i sat around my 4 kids and wife!

[quote]dont know who you are but you definitely didnt sit next to me unless i have adopted you without knowing it as i sat around my 4 kids and wife![/quote]

If you''re referring to Jamie Wright''s post, you can''t adopt him, he''s my son... Hands off! Get your own human play-thing!

Seriously though, I think he was referring to me...

I don''t think fans should ever boo a player on their own team! Francis acted poorly in my opinion and I was glad to see him sold for decent money! However against Inter he was playing in the Norwich colours and I don''t think booing him was appropriate! Also if a player is undecided about his future, booing may actually make up their mind in the opposite way thn was desired. If I was undecided about staying at a club, if the fans started booing me then I really would think it was time to leave! I think silence is the way forward with apllause if the player is seen to be trying and putting in his all for the club which Francis seemed to do against Inter!

I should imagine his agent was the main culprit in his poor behaviour! All of the transfer talk came from his agent and Francis remained silent. Ok he didn''t say anything against but Francis hates the microphone and I personally feel more strongly against his agent than Damo!! I think football is facing a problem with agents wanting to secure large portions of transfer fees for themselves! Something needs to be done to reduce their power before agents run football!