Sign in to follow this  
TimDim

Dorrans

Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but is Dorrans joining us permanently ? He talks of ''had seven years there'' (WBA) which suggests he has left. We tried to sign him in January so this loan must be the usual way round signings outside of the transfer window.The building of our PL squad has begun.

It sounds like he has left WBA, and I cannot see the club bringing in someone wh might be saying " I''ll stay if you go up, but will want to be able to move if you don''t go up". From what I have read he certainly looked up to it at Watford and will be a much needed pair of legs come ''super seven'' in March. That is a having game on the Sat and another one mid week, for a month.I know some will say that players should be able to cope, but that is not what they have beeen training for. The game is played at a faster pace nowadays and the way we are closing down the opposition is going to take it out on players. So having a squad that has players like Hooper, Redmond, Murphy, both Bennetts, Turner, Cuella. O''Neil, Andreu and (hopefully soon) VOO able to be used as cover or first choice for a different style etc is going to count massively.

He looked very classy when he came on, comfortable on the ball and clearly very much at home.I am predicting he will do extremely well here.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]did he play outside of Johnson on left?[/quote]Honestly no idea.The lad looked very classy though.

Funny if he is so classy I wonder why Pulis doesn''t want the keep him? Not suited to his style of football perhaps?

Still, our gain :-)

West Brom have got some great centre mids which left Dorrans on the bench. They then bought Darren Fletcher, pushing him into the reserves. Good for all parties.

West Brom have been improving their squad since they were last promoted. As we tried to do. I guess they''re in the race to 40 points with half the division. We of course had a disastrous transfer window and lost the race. I''m enjoying this season. I really hope we make it. But then we join the race to ultimately fail. I think the getting there is most fun....

That''s cynical! Sorry... I think he''s a permanent signing when we''re allowed to announce it. Not sure though.

My take on the situation is that he is with us for one month, returning to WBA for the international break. He will then return to us for the rest of the season, including all playoff matches if needed, and his move will be made permanent in July for £2M according to one report, or £3.5M according to another. Good piece of work by DM on this.

It might be a bit of a statement but... Are we/could we be the "next west brom"?

Boing boing?

[quote user="Buh"]It might be a bit of a statement but... Are we/could we be the "next west brom"?

Boing boing?[/quote]

Actually Buh, that is not a statement, it is a question. And a petty unintelligible one at that.

[quote user="Canary Jedi"]Funny if he is so classy I wonder why Pulis doesn''t want the keep him? Not suited to his style of football perhaps?

Still, our gain :-)[/quote]Fletcher, Yacob and Mulumbu all in front of him.  The prem was a league he never quite settled in. The Championship he''s a beast of a player I wish him well