Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

whoever wins Sunday will go up...

a bold and brave statement perhaps, but it will give the winning side Momentum, the game really has come at the right time and the wave that will be ridden will see them over the line.the biggest Derby game in years!

Hard to speculate what either result would do but I feel we have momentum whereas Ipswich don''t. Derby and Boro are still going strong and we need to be winning more or less every game still to catch them and then win our games against them.

We got a lucky bonus when Boro had their keeper sent off and Leeds took advantage in the next game and we may be relying on one of them to have some unexpected slip up to overtake them but as far as we are concerned, we need to win every game.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]What if it''s a draw then.[/quote]then it remains "as you were" and we fight on in the other games, trying to get the momentum to push us over the line in one of them.

I could also see a situation where one beats the other and then we both end up in the play offs where the team that lost avenges that result and gets promoted.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I could also see a situation where one beats the other and then we both end up in the play offs where the team that lost avenges that result and gets promoted.[/quote]if we win Sunday then do get the binners in the playoffs what a massive psychological edge we''d have already!

I don''t think it makes a huge difference in the scheme of things. If by some chance they win in Sunday, it would be against the run of play, would take some freak goal or ref''s decision to make it happen.  I just don''t see them turning us over by any other way.  That would be a setback but not hugely, as it would spur us on to get a reaction in the following game.    

We still have the quality to win nearly every game between now and the end of the season. That''s 36 points available  after Sunday.  Up to 95 points - if we lost. A loss would be tough to take, but I don''t think that Sunday''s match has any extra significance to the overall possibilities for either team this season.  We are a better team with better players, a strong, large squad.  They are a small squad, not consistent and leaking more goals with erratic results of late.  A win for us would be fantastic of course and good psychologically for everyone, but overall, its just another three points, whichever team gets them.   I believe our team will be too strong for Ipswich so I believe the situation won''t arise, but if it did, no over reaction would be necessary about the season''s prospects - all that would be needed is to swallow our pride because we had been beaten by the binners. An unpleasant taste in the mouth, but nothing else.  But having said all that, its still a huge three points towards our goal if we can get them.

I kind of feel like we''ve played a bit of a knockout competition so far the second half of the season.

Since we beat Bournemouth, it affected them and they''re now level on points with us. Without us beating them, they''d have had a seemingly unassailable points difference.

Then there was Wolves, we beat them to stay above them, same with Watford and then we kept Blackburn at bay. Yes there was Brentford we went the long way with overtaking but now I feel we''ve come through top of that mini league of 5th to 8th, we now have the 1st to 4th league (i''m aware i''m getting ahead of myself with Bournemouth) to contend.

A win takes us above the scum and it''d be hard to see us being pegged back again by them if that happened, it could be the case that by the time we come up against Boro and Derby, a win takes us above or keeps us above them.

I disagree with the statement, but, if City win it will certainly provide yet another bit of momentum for a genuine crack at an automatic spot. As for Town, they must be better than what we witnessed at Poorman Road earlier in the season, as they have had a great season since then, plus they have a Manager who really knows what he is doing at this level. So, based on that I expect them, after they suffer a heavy defeat on Sunday to still claim a play-off spot.

It is being constantly overlooked that Ipswich have had an easy run so far in this half the season. Out of their next 13 games, only one team is in the bottom 10. Of those game they have 6 against the top 8 promotion group,  we have to play 3 in that group. There is a very hard spell coming up for all teams. 7 games in around 4 weeks. Teams will need a big squad. Ipswich already have 5 of their squad out injured. Promotion will not be decided on Sunday.

Nah, sorry, even taking away the local bias I still cant really view Ipswich as top two contenders.

went to blackburn tuesday and if we can play that way for the rest of the season we will easely get 85 points just look at our remaining fixtures ,this season be honest with your self what do you think we will get. started with 3 points on sunday NC 5 Scum 0 then its only 23 points from the last 12 games easy..

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Even if we lose, we''ll recover!

A draw, little changes.

Win, and we continue the journey.

As Alex Neil says: Nothing will be decided on Sunday...

[/quote]

^^^ This.  Its still a long way to go to the end of the season and whatever the result the challenge and the rewards are still there. 

Disagree with OP. Provided Bassong stays fit, I think City will go up automatically regardless of the result on Sunday.

Obviously it goes without saying we want to beat Ip5w1ch. As a local derby, it''s massive and provides the winners with massive bragging rights.

However, in the context of this as just another game in the season, it''s not that important. If we lose, I still think we''ll breeze past the donkeys to automatic promotion!