Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Ipswich Striker Inbound

In case anyone else was as confused by this thread as I am, I presume this refers to Chris Wood of Leicester!Seems strange bringing in another striker when we have three on good goalscoring form – wonder if something has happened with Hooper behind the scenes? :/

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]In case anyone else was as confused by this thread as I am, I presume this refers to Chris Wood of Leicester!Seems strange bringing in another striker when we have three on good goalscoring form – wonder if something has happened with Hooper behind the scenes? :/[/quote]
Not for us Ftw, for the Ippos.

This is the Chris Wood who is in the New Zealand national team.

We need to control the game and keep the ball away from him. He is a Grant Holt type of player - real danger the air. Hope he doesn''t get any one-on-ones with Russell Martin and/or Bassong marking him.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]In case anyone else was as confused by this thread as I am, I presume this refers to Chris Wood of Leicester!Seems strange bringing in another striker when we have three on good goalscoring form – wonder if something has happened with Hooper behind the scenes? :/[/quote]
Not for us Ftw, for the Ippos.
[/quote]*facepalm*Makes sense now... [:)]

Will they get him in time?

Looks like they tried to get Knockheart in but he turned them down so Wood is plan B.

He''s a decent target man we have looked at before but hopefully we still have too much for them and Bassong has dealt with better strikers than Wood fine so far.

Suits our style of play; a front line of Murphy, Wood and Sears would certainly keep your back four occupied!I have reservations whether MM will start with all three though, probably Murphy and Sears with Wood coming on off the bench.

[quote user="portman_king"]Suits our style of play; a front line of Murphy, Wood and Sears would certainly keep your back four occupied!I have reservations whether MM will start with all three though, probably Murphy and Sears with Wood coming on off the bench.[/quote]
I think it''s your back 4 that will busiest, I''m sure ours will have some work to do, but anything your lot get out the game will come from the break I feel.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="portman_king"]Suits our style of play; a front line of Murphy, Wood and Sears would certainly keep your back four occupied!I have reservations whether MM will start with all three though, probably Murphy and Sears with Wood coming on off the bench.[/quote]
I think it''s your back 4 that will busiest, I''m sure ours will have some work to do, but anything your lot get out the game will come from the break I feel.
[/quote]Yep, we probably will play a counter-attacking style but that''s how we''ve played all season away from home. MM''s mantra away from FPR is "if you can''t win, don''t get beat". Served us pretty well to date.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="portman_king"]Suits our style of play; a front line of Murphy, Wood and Sears would certainly keep your back four occupied!I have reservations whether MM will start with all three though, probably Murphy and Sears with Wood coming on off the bench.[/quote]
[/quote]Yep, we probably will play a counter-attacking style but that''s how we''ve played all season away from home. MM''s mantra away from FPR is "if you can''t win, don''t get beat". Served us pretty well to date.[/quote]
Unlike some on here, I am not bristling with hubris, I like to think I am being more realistic. AN has brought something to the team that NA couldn''t, he has brought self belief and steel, the games which we have won well, we have shown the former, the games we have found tougher, or gone behind in, we have shown the latter. 
I will predict with some confidence that you will have score at least 2 goals to beat us on Sunday, we will score against you, that I almost 100% sure of.

[quote user="portman_king"]Suits our style of play; a front line of Murphy, Wood and Sears would certainly keep your back four occupied!I have reservations whether MM will start with all three though, probably Murphy and Sears with Wood coming on off the bench.[/quote]
So where does leave McGoldrick who I thought I''d read was fit again and  strikerVarney who you just got in on loan last week??

Panic signing in utter desperation. They realise that they will get stuffed and are trying to find some cause for optimism.

HAHA they really dont know what is going to hit them on Sunday.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]

Panic signing in utter desperation. They realise that they will get stuffed and are trying to find some cause for optimism.

HAHA they really dont know what is going to hit them on Sunday.

[/quote]

You really believe it will be walkover then Waveney? IF we beat them well I will be as happy anyone in Green and Yellow, but after 30+ games, being 3rd is no fluke, they need to be taken seriously.

Pride before a fall is a well worn saying but none the less appropriate.

This forum is rid with obvious scummers trying to turn every thread into a jinx thread. 50/50 game Sunday IMO, can go either way as we know derbys can. 1p5wich have talked a good game before the match though.