Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Saturday fixtures

Much has been made of the match on Sunday as a derby, but looking at the

other fixtures this weekend, it does suggest the importance of the

match more in league terms than anything to do with Ipswich.  Looking at  the Saturday fixtures, all the clubs around us have difficult away matches, except  Bn''mth who have a home tie with Blackburn, who may give them stiff opposition.  Best scenario of course is if they all lose, but if not the odd draw will help us if we can see off the scum on Sunday.   If Derby (at Fulham) and Midds''bro (at Sheff Wed) lose their away matches and we win, our position would be one point off second place.   If by some chance we lost and all the others won, then we would be nine points off top and in seventh place. 

A mixed bag of results is more likely of course, but winning for us is always going to be the key to our promotion push.  Win and we stay in touch with the top two - regardless of results.  We need to win for the sake of the league on Sunday, not for the sake of bragging rights, important though they might seem.  The league is what matters.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Well said Lakey, I''d never have thought of it like that. [:''(][/quote]Maybe a yawn fest thread, but its a slow afternoon and just looking ahead at tomorrow''s fixtures, it promises to be an interesting time following the other matches and hopefully see a few of our rivals struggle and drop the odd point here or there. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Much has been made of the match on Sunday as a derby, but looking at the

match more in league terms than anything to do with Ipswich.  Looking at  the Saturday fixtures, all the clubs around us have difficult away matches, except  Bn''mth who have a home tie with Blackburn, who may give them stiff opposition.  Best scenario of course is if they all lose, but if not the odd draw will help us if we can see off the scum on Sunday.   If Derby (at Fulham) and Midds''bro (at Sheff Wed) lose their away matches and we win, our position would be one point off second place.   If by some chance we lost and all the others won, then we would be nine points off top and in seventh place. 

A mixed bag of results is more likely of course, but winning for us is always going to be the key to our promotion push.  Win and we stay in touch with the top two - regardless of results.  We need to win for the sake of the league on Sunday, not for the sake of bragging rights, important though they might seem.  The league is what matters.

[/quote]
So basically, we need to win.
Yeah, thanks.
You''ve opened my eyes.
Do you do this deliberately, or is it just a thing where you post first and then think afterwards?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="lake district canary"]Much has been made of the match on Sunday as a derby, but looking at the

match more in league terms than anything to do with Ipswich.  Looking at  the Saturday fixtures, all the clubs around us have difficult away matches, except  Bn''mth who have a home tie with Blackburn, who may give them stiff opposition.  Best scenario of course is if they all lose, but if not the odd draw will help us if we can see off the scum on Sunday.   If Derby (at Fulham) and Midds''bro (at Sheff Wed) lose their away matches and we win, our position would be one point off second place.   If by some chance we lost and all the others won, then we would be nine points off top and in seventh place.  A mixed bag of results is more likely of course, but winning for us is always going to be the key to our promotion push.  Win and we stay in touch with the top two - regardless of results.  We need to win for the sake of the league on Sunday, not for the sake of bragging rights, important though they might seem.  The league is what matters. [/quote]
So basically, we need to win.
Yeah, thanks.
You''ve opened my eyes.
Do you do this deliberately, or is it just a thing where you post first and then think afterwards?
[/quote]

And were you born a cynical * or did it take years to learn how? 

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Winning on Sunday would be better than losing. Discuss.[/quote]

Read it again.  Use your language skills, your expertise in the use of the English language, of which you are such a stickler, to understand what the message is.  Just in case you can''t be bothered, or are too busy trying to pick on other posts/poster''s to point out their shortcomings, I''ll precis it for you.  It is saying that the points are more important than who it is we are playing.   As a Norwich supporter I want three points on Sunday, but I don''t much care that its Ipswich.  If it was Dumbcaster Rovers a point above us it would make no difference. As a side issue, it is obvious that we would like to beat the scum - but it is a side issue - or should be.

Are three points gained from Scum of the same value, greater value, lesser value, slightly better, slightly worse, marginally better, of a similar magnitude, a huge three, a small three, a two and three quarter three, a three and a bit three, tree fellers, three''s a crowd........or a Gooseberry.

Are all games the same in terms of points if you win them, or are scum points bigger points, more important points, points in the wrong direction, can''t find your way, get lost points, get rescued, have a boiled egg, half a dozen, six eggs, top six.

Or perhaps you just don''t know?😜

So really this is another "It doesn''t matter that we are playing Ipswich" post, which could have gone onto that thread instead of you starting a new one to make a point someone else has already made.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Are there any plans to open a pub in your village?

I can''t really tell by your photo, but I was stood within hearing distance of a bloke with glasses, and a north west type accent (do you have one?) with a goatee, and I thought of you.......!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I can''t really tell by your photo, but I was stood within hearing distance of a bloke with glasses, and a north west type accent (do you have one?) with a goatee, and I thought of you.......![/quote]

Unfortunately for you, I''m from Norfolk and my beard is full.   But I do wear glasses [H]