Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Do we really want promotion?

Another season of patronising media coverage, disappointing results, playing for a draw against the top sides and gloom and doom whenever we fail to pit away a relegation rival... signings from the European lucky dip bag, and a sense of achievement if we scrape 17th.

Is that what we want?

Of course we want it

That is the aim of this season

Return immediately.

The aim is premiership football, 17th will be the aim as out players will need to improve... Wins are less regular but nt less warranted... You relish a win in that league

It keeps our club afloat... Tv revenue is key as stkt revenue is not as high or relevant I finances as before. I and the club should want a return to the best league in the world. Better players, better quality and the club rising

The evidence so far suggests that Alex Neil would relish the opportunity to pit his considerable wits against the so-called ''big boys''.

For all the reputation of the PL, there is now only Chelsea and Man City that could be deemed ''streets ahead''. All the other teams can be vulnerable on any given day, and the ease with which Southampton and Swansea have established themselves in recent times gives optimism to any promoted side.

No question, as long as we give it a go. I grew up supporting Norwich because just occasionally they would upset the apple cart by beating one of the big boys. There is far more satisfaction from a win in the premier league than thrashing Blackpool or Milwall in the champ

If the ''European Super League'' ever materialises, we need to be there or thereabouts in order to win our first Premier League title.

So yes.

Love you, Nigel -- I''ve been hard pressed for time over the last couple of years, but will commit myself to the ''Pups'' next season.

If I don''t get banned in the meantime.

Obviously I want promotion, its fun watching Johnson and co smash in screamers every week but there is no reason we can''t emulate people like Swansea or stoke if we go up and make a good fist of it.

Do you want it Bor? I want it but, more importantly, the Premier League wants it as they cannot successfully function without a Scottish manager in the mix , and Alex Neil is in the best position to remedy that situation with Norwich unless, of course, Aston Villa comes poaching again. Nah, they wouldn''t do that, would they?

even if you get relegated from the premiership the money is great ..that''s what football comes down to these days ..but spending millions like man utd doesn''t win you anything ..you need a great manager ..look at van gaal he is no Alex Ferguson

Whoever says they don''t want norwich to be promoted to the premier league.

My answer to them is find the highest building they can find and jump off it. Head first!

[quote user="unique"]The evidence so far suggests that Alex Neil would relish the opportunity to pit his considerable wits against the so-called ''big boys''.

For all the reputation of the PL, there is now only Chelsea and Man City that could be deemed ''streets ahead''. All the other teams can be vulnerable on any given day, and the ease with which Southampton and Swansea have established themselves in recent times gives optimism to any promoted side.[/quote]Ease? You''re joking of course. What I''d like to see is introduction of a two-division Premier League with 18 teams in each division. This would distribute the PL wealth more widely, and accelerate the improvement of teams in the lower of the two divisions. It would also stop such a big proportion of TV money simply going to continuously boost player wages in the top clubs.

yes.. not just for whats been mentioned already but also for the fireworks Pardew and Alex Neil will produce on the side lines!!!

Some how I feel that with a few quality additions, this squad under Neil''s leadership would do much better than Hughton''s. We were rarely a team under Hughton, especially towards the end. A lot of these players have proved they can perform in the prem on occasion, so maybe AN can get that out of them more consistently next year if we go up.

Plus, if we are not promoted it is more likely that the binners could scrape in, and we certainly do not want that. In the PL with AN will be a totally different ride to having CH at the helm. Looking forward hopefully/expectantly.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Another season of patronising media coverage, disappointing results, playing for a draw against the top sides and gloom and doom whenever we fail to pit away a relegation rival... signings from the European lucky dip bag, and a sense of achievement if we scrape 17th. Is that what we want?[/quote]

I would love to see city get promotion BUT I can see where bor bor is coming from. The football this season has been more exciting, we are at least seeing goals scored and we are winning.

The last sason  in TP was the most boring season ever, not just down to the manager but the fact that in the majority of games we were out of our depth. 4 5 6 7 goals scored against us with us chasing shadows.

Perhaps it will change for us should we go up but I doubt it.

The money is simply too much now so City have to be in the premier league.

I was thinking the other day money has destroyed the ability of sides to compete however........

What happens when for example a big team makes twice as much money as a smaller team but then a new tv deal means that differential is reduced. What does 30k extra spectators mean when the deal is 100 million a season? etc

With a certain number of squad players yes the superstars will still play for the big teams but aside from Bayern, Barcelona, PSG and R Madrid a Premier league side like City will have the choice of the worlds best players.

Then surely the league would become more competitive and less boring?

Not to mention the havoc the PL plays with our diaries. In the Championship it is generally 3pm Saturday. In the Prem it could be 12:45 Saturday, 3pm Saturday, 5pm Saturday, 1pm Sunday, 4pm Sunday or 8pm Monday.

Rubbish and inconvenient for me to mess my family about to get down Carrow Road when SKY dictate.

It hasn''t been that fun this year except at the start and since AN''s come in. The longer we stay here the less likely we are to continue winning games with great players and attracting/keeping managers like Alex Neil.

A win in the Prem feels so much better and more important than most wins in this league. Plus I like to look down on the likes of Ipswich/Leeds/Wolves etc

We shouldn''t look to Southampton or Stoke for inspiration, they''re both heavily bankrolled. Swansea is a good model to follow, buying cheap, playing good football that makes the players look better than they are then selling for stupid figures to build on. Most importantly though we need the right manager, the right manager for this club, with the football, and personas we and our players respond to is someone like Alex Neil and thinking way ahead, if he should get poached, we should replace like for like instead of throwing everything out and going for a completely different personality and playing style like we did with Hughton.

Outside of the top 6/7 good management and player moral counts as much or more than money

Darth BOOOOOOOOOO! wrote the following post at 27/02/2015 8:55 PM:

It hasn''t been that fun this year except at the start and since AN''s come in. The longer we stay here the less likely we are to continue winning games with great players and attracting/keeping managers like Alex Neil.

Well played.