Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Plastic Clappers for Derby Day!!!

Just seen this article on the Evening News site. Maybe i''m old school but it''s embarassing that anyone would think we would need these. It''s the biggest derby day for years and if we can not create an intimidating atmosphere then we don''t deserve to win.

The atmosphere for the 4-1 win was brilliant and hostile. A ground full of these things creates a family U21 match environment which is certainly not what we need on Sunday!!

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/additional_train_services_free_goodies_and_the_police_all_you_need_to_know_ahead_of_the_east_anglian_derby_1_3973154

This is tin pot and a disgrace. If this happens I expect McNally to resign immediately. What and insult to the fans that they cant create an atmosphere in an important game for the Binners.

According to the link they are only ''clap stick'' thingys that you get free with the evening news - so it''s not like they''re being placed under each and every seat in the ground. therefore I''d be surprised if the place is awash with them.

I understand the use of clappers every once in a while but it''d be cringeworthy and utterly embarrassing if they were to appear on derby day! I think we can generate enough atmosphere for that one thank you!

So maybe instead of booing Stephen Whittaker if things go badly, folk can boo the clappers instead.......

But I agree, I think they add to the atmosphere- have we actually lost a game when they have been rolled out?

Yep, been there, done it. But I said "add" to the atmosphere, I don''t think anyone believes they can "create" an atmosphere.

No wonder your name is Tumbleweed! [:$] Weren''t they ''issued'' at the WBA game last season? didn''t win that one as I recall... (though Hughton did get one on the back of the ''ead son...)They might not have been clappers, but something similar and unnecessary, can''t quite recall. 

Thankfully someone kindly posted a link so we can clearly see that these are not those paper clappers issued by the club in the past. No self respecting happy clapper needs help to support their team so I reckon Archant are aiming these at the boo boys who were plentiful just 3 games ago and could well still need some help to get behind the team if we''re not 4-0 up by half time on Sunday.....

The boo boys sitting behind me have looked so bleedin miserable recently, and they don''t mouth off at the team anymore either, somehow I really think their whole match day experience has been ruined.

To be fair I think theyre not going to be used for much "clapping", because they''re usually used as missiles.  Hughton found that out the hard way [:D]

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]This is tin pot and a disgrace. If this happens I expect McNally to resign immediately. What and insult to the fans that they cant create an atmosphere in an important game for the Binners.[/quote]

Hopeful; were they tinpot under Lamberts reign too? Not keen myself but of gets some of the quieter zones to use them then why not?

The city stand can get painfully quiet even on the best of days....