Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Team For Ipsh*t

Well.....

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

After that who knows, some tough calls there for AN but he hasnt done too badly so far.

No, nothing to do with McNally - I reckon Neil read my ''The Novice'' thread and that prompted him to prove me wrong.

Spoilt for choice. There must be a temptation to start Jerome but this formula is working. Hooper on bench if well, Tettey for Dorrans maybe. Total faith in AN to pick the right team/squad again .

The usual 5, tettey, Johnson, howson, hooper, Jerome, wes.

Tough choice as Redmond is my fave player, dorrans, Vadis and Andrey are decent and grabban is on form. I like the thought of the diamond vs the Binner''s at home.

Same goalie and back four, unless we have any injuries or illness of course.

Tettey

Howson Hoolahan. Johnson

Grabban. Jerome

would be my choice, but you never know with AN. He may give Hooper a chance. I wonder why he was left out of the squad at Blackburn ?

Do you think Hooper was not pleased at only having 5 minutes last Saturday and aired his feelings? To be fair to him I don''t think 5 minutes was enough and perhaps 20 minutes would have been reasonable, but the important thing is we won and the strikers did a good job.

Dorians will probably be given a place on the bench on Sunday I think along with Redmond and Hooper, unless he rests Grabban.

[quote user="swjf50"]Same goalie and back four, unless we have any injuries or illness of course.

Tettey

Howson Hoolahan. Johnson

Grabban. Jerome

would be my choice, but you never know with AN. He may give Hooper a chance. I wonder why he was left out of the squad at Blackburn ?

Do you think Hooper was not pleased at only having 5 minutes last Saturday and aired his feelings? To be fair to him I don''t think 5 minutes was enough and perhaps 20 minutes would have been reasonable, but the important thing is we won and the strikers did a good job.

Dorians will probably be given a place on the bench on Sunday I think along with Redmond and Hooper, unless he rests Grabban.[/quote]Neil said in his post-match interview that Hooper didn''t travel with the squad as he had a sickness bug.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Redmond Tettey Howson Johnson

Hoolahan

Jerome

Rudd Turner Garrido Dorrans Andreu Hooper Grabban

Ruddy, Whitts, Martin, Bass, Olsson; Tettey, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan; Grabban, Jerome

Subs Rudd, Garrido, Turner, Dorrans, Redmond, Hooper, Andreu

It''s tough on the strikers because all of them deserve a place but only two can realistically play.

At home especially I like the Grabban Hooper combo and it''s also great being able to bring Jerome off the bench. He won''t like it but some players have a really great impact off the bench and he certainly does! I would go with as Pabs but with Hoops for Jerome.

I reckon something akin to;

Ruddy

Whitts

Marin

Bassong

Olsson

Tettey

Howson

Redmond

Johnson

Hoolahan

Grabban

---------------------Ruddy------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong--Olsson

--------------------Tettey--------------------

Redmond-Howson-Hooper-Johnson

------------------Grabban------------------

Perfect, except perhaps Jerome for Grabban

Seems best to rotate who starts among the strikers while in the midst of this crush of games. I assume the strikers realize this so I can''t imagine any of them having a hissy fit if they don''t start every one of them. The manager has figured it out and that''s really the only one who matters on this issue.

Team selection for this game is a tough one, but the right kind of tough as our squad is in good form, mostly fit and ready with options in most positions/formations. AN has made the right call most of the time since he came....his win/lose /draw stats show that. I dont think today will be any different, he''ll have a clear game plan but if its not working, he wont be shy to change it.....sharpish.Have to agree with Mrs M on starting line up, including the Jerome/grabban conundrum, personally i''d go with grabban first, give em the runaround, later bring on jerome to seal it or get us ahead, as the case may be.

The quiet confidence of AN has permeated the squad, as Ruud Gullit said last night ''you dont discuss confidence within the team....you build it''...and that emanates from the manager, fortunately our guy seems to have plenty to spare, always tempered with a self deprecating shrug of the shoulders. I like him, by 4pm i may even have a man crush. Maybe then i''ll be on Waveys wavelength.

---------------------Ruddy------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong--Olsson

--------------------Tettey--------------------

Redmond-Howson-Hooper-Johnson

------------------Grabban----------

''But are on going to the game Corky or continuing with your plastic credentials''......what???

Sorry mate , totally secure in my support for my Club. Call me what you will, it neither makes you greater, or me less.

Ps now given us all proof that Hopeful/wavey are one and the same.

May you both/all continue to provide us all with much amusement, i thank you.

I think its all down to Hoopers recovery and fitness to be honest as he didnt even travel with the team to BB...

I think its going to be more of a aggressive approach from the outset rather than a tactical/on the break approach.. I think Hooper is best suited to that role...

I think there will be a lot of opportunities created and he is the man to lead the line - ONLY if fully fit.. However there are options if he isnt fully fit lets be honest scoring goals has been a massive problem... IANWT