Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

"The theory of everything", by Alex Neil football genius

Reading this extract from a Paddy Davitt column

“I don’t mean any disrespect to the fans but it doesn’t matter what they are focusing on. It’s more about what my team have to focus on. Our whole focus is on Blackburn,” he said. “Ipswich for me as a manager is an afterthought and my players should have no thoughts whatsoever.

“We have already had that chat about the (Blackburn) game and potentially this could be our hardest match of the week.

“We beat Watford 3-0 and we are all flying high, particularly the fans, but we have to take care of a really important game at Blackburn. For Sunday you won’t need to motivate any player. It is a derby. Everyone will be up for it, fans and players, so that will take care of itself. We need to make sure we don’t get complacent and they start to strut about thinking they are good players. We have to keep doing the things that have got us in this position and show the same desire at Blackburn as on Sunday.”

I do believe AN has it spot on, for a manager so young into his career he has this stroke of genius when you either hear him speak, or read an article, no gaffe''s, no silly expectations, just a clear determination that everyone, that''s players, the board and of course us the fans, keep focused on the job in hand, Blackburn offers the same reward as Ipswich, 3 points, he understands what the next home game means, and I believe from Wednesday, sorry Tuesday at 10.00pm onwards he will be fully focused on one thing, the next game.

The man just could be a genius.....and his Oscar ?

For one so young, managerially, he does seem to have a presence and drive, as well as managerial ability, that separates him from the common herd. I just hope that if he is as good as we believe, he gives a few years before moving to Real Madrid (slightly tongue in cheek - possibly).

[quote user="star_manic"]For one so young, managerially, he does seem to have a presence and drive, as well as managerial ability, that separates him from the common herd. I just hope that if he is as good as we believe, he gives a few years before moving to Real Madrid (slightly tongue in cheek - possibly).[/quote]

Tongue in cheek maybe, but could well be a challenge some time in the future, lets hope his 1st of many Oscars is a championship trophy, and he then leads on to greater success and does a SAF