Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

My God, How $hit were the scum

[quote user="lake district canary"]and imo to say Ipswich were $hit is disresectful to our own team.  [/quote]It is not. They play, and did today, a very physical game that relies upon bullying other teams. A different referee would have seen them either having to moderate their play or face at least one sending off. I thnk Olsson and Tettey''s bookings were for dissent, not foul play. That was how the referee chose to run the game.The moot point is whether Ipswich were shit because that''s how they play, how we only let them play or how well we looked in comparison when we had the ball. My thoughts are that it is mainly the first and last of those causes. I would further add that if they have to play at this rate to stop other teams playing then they will quickly tire over the next month or so when there are games midweek as well as the weekend. I would not be too surprised to see them out of the play off places come Easter.

[quote user="king canary"]They really didn''t create much at all- the Sears effort and some pressure late on was about it. Ruddy actually had a flap at a couple of crosses so not totally sure what LDC means by saying how good he was- he made one great save, a couple of routine saves and flapped at a couple of crosses.[/quote]

Ruddy gad to make an excellent save to stop Murphy? When he was out clear through in the first half one on one, the Sears save and a smart stop in the second golf late on, but that was about it.

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="lake district canary"]and imo to say Ipswich were $hit is disresectful to our own team.  [/quote]It is not. They play, and did today, a very physical game that relies upon bullying other teams. A different referee would have seen them either having to moderate their play or face at least one sending off. I thnk Olsson and Tettey''s bookings were for dissent, not foul play. That was how the referee chose to run the game.The moot point is whether Ipswich were shit because that''s how they play, how we only let them play or how well we looked in comparison when we had the ball. My thoughts are that it is mainly the first and last of those causes. I would further add that if they have to play at this rate to stop other teams playing then they will quickly tire over the next month or so when there are games midweek as well as the weekend. I would not be too surprised to see them out of the play off places come Easter.[/quote]

I think it is disrespectful.  Actually to both teams.  Ipswich beat Birmingham 4-2 in their last match and in their last away match beat Fulham.   They are strong at what they do, strong enough to be above us, until today.   To say they were $hit also suggests we didn''t have anything to beat, which is by far from the case.  They may well struggle to stay in the playoffs as time goes on, but they are having a good season and they have a good manager.  

Tom M, I reckon our constant pressing made a hard working but technically weak team look worse. I reckon they looked poor as well but we made them look worse by our professional approach. It was a consummate performance in terms of limiting them. Actually a comfortable derby day.

Someone said in another post that they looked good without the ball. I agree in part. We though looked far more comfortable with the ball.

I said in my OP that I thought we played well, but that also the scum were poor, because they were. Let''s be honest, we never got out of 3rd gear. Yes we had to work for it, and we did, but the scum were offensively terrible. They didn''t have any answers to Bassong and Martin''s aerial ability and didn''t try to do anything that different. All round with the ball, they were very flat. Their good work came when they didn''t have the ball, closing us down, yet even then we won comfortably.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I think it is disrespectful.  Actually to both teams.  Ipswich beat Birmingham 4-2 in their last match and in their last away match beat Fulham.   [/quote]The comment about them being $hit was about today. So why are talking about other games ? Likewise to talk about where they were before today''s game has little bearing on how they played today. Stop trying to twist other fan''s words.

Tom - I believe Tettey was booked for kicking a ball away as the Ippos wanted to take a free kick quickly.

Olssons was at an Ipswich corner, after Grabban had kicked the ball into the net to kill a few seconds, and Olsson picked it up to pass to the corner flag, but the Ref got totally up himself about that, and booked him, whereas he decided not to flash the card on some robust challenges

That was my point. Had he chosen to focus on foul play there would have been at least 5 Ipswich in the book, with maybe a sending off included. I''m sure that some of the more robust challenges from Ipswich would have stoppeed if he had been more willing to use the yellow card. Which could well have led to more goals from us.