Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

My God, How $hit were the scum

Although we got close to them like you''d expect in a derby, I couldn''t believe how terrible they were today. They didn''t even really try to play football, which was strange seeing as though Bassong had Murphy in his pocket all evening. I was thinking; "how are they third in the league?" - Anyway they''re not now and the natural order of things will be resumed with the scum dropping out of the play-offs and us hopefully getting the title.

We showed a lot of passion today like we have been doing for the last few months and our quality showed because of it (apart from Whittaker and Redmond but even they had their moments). My point is basically that Ipswich were $hit not just because we stopped them from playing (if that''s what you call it) but are just genuinely pretty terrible.

Not according to Miserable Mick. He thought there wasn''t much in it (apart from the goals!).

He is renowned for his dry sense of humour but his interview after the game is taking the pi55.

Awwwful! Total shiteball from Ipswich. Our quality shined through

Thought they were absolutely terrible!!!! Absolutely no way in this world will they achieve anything playing those tactics. GIad I don''t go and watch that week in week out, DIRE!

Thought we were avatageb today but maybe it was hard for us to get the ball down on the deck with all that ''HOOF'' ball.

I find it amazing that MM is a professional who gets paid a large sum of money per week and all he can come up with is long ball tactics. Embarrasing.

I thought they were going to give us a game today. Was surprised at how bad they were actually, didnt threaten at all and said it all when Miserable Mick took off that pub player Murphy. Hes the only binner who can even score so that was a huge risk.Ah well, the cosmical order has been reset to its correct position and the Binners will now proceed with thier traditional new year slide. Lucky if they make the play offs with a showing like that.Auto is def on the cards for us now. :-)

I thought that the first 10-15 was a scrappy affair, with the wind playing a part. The Binners were pressing our midfield, but once we got a grip, we looked comfortable. the first chance that they created was in the 35th min with Sears long range effort (Tettey had given the ball for thier other chance)

We were the better team, but we weren''t at our best, we didn''t have to be

Taking off the green and yellow glasses for a minute, how a team like them in Blue have been near the top for so long, is a mystery. The hoofball was poor for a team looking to get promoted

I can understand exactly how they have achieved what they have so far this season in this particular league.

McCarthy makes the best of what he has got and they are very decent at playing the way they do....and DID cause us a few problems today....reminded a me a bit of the old Wimbledon and a poorman''s version of Stoke under Pullis.

BUT...class tells in the end, particularly when you add in some excellent organisation and dont flinch at the physical challenge.....just like we did today.

They were awful, but to their credit they pressed us very hard and in numbers all game, all over the pitch which didn''t allow us to be at our best.

If they''d actually tried to play and focused on moving the ball instead of stifling us we would have absolutely battered them so you can''t complain really. I think they''ll make the play offs but they''re not strong enough to win them.

Ta far the 6 points again this year, hopefully we won''t have to play you again and suffer through that crap for a good long time!

I totally disagree. They seem to have turned their particular brand of anti-football into a dark art and, given their limited ability, they pull it off quite well. It''s such a simple plan that it''s hard to get the execution wrong. With the quality of the opposition they face in this league I can see exactly how it has worked for them. Most teams they play are not as good as us and, thankfully, football prevailed over hoofball; but it was a tough match.

There''s only one Bobby Robson the Binners were singing. Not sure if there was a hint of sarcasm or not but the hoof ball tactics just played into our hands OTBC.

They were very fortunate with the way the referee chose to run the game today. With another referee they could easily have had there or four yellow cards against them in the first half alone. That would certainly have curbed their enthusiasm for the second half. I think that was what AN was talking about when he said we would have to be streetwise. They offered little today bar pushing, barging and junping at our players. It will be interesting to see how they fare against top half teams over the next few weeks. Or with a referee who will not be under the glare of the TV cameras.

They wont make the play offs. They have toughest remaining games and Wolves & Brentford will both finish ahead of them.

Without the ball I think they were not too bad- Sears and Murphy pressed our defenders well and didn''t give us time to play out. They were compact and closed down space well. With the ball however they had nothing- bypassed the midfield, hit it long every time and Murphy struggled to do anything. When we got Wes and Howson into the game we looked like we had far too much quality for them. It seems they set up for a point with a midfield of 4 cloggers, no width and a reliance on long balls.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I can understand exactly how they have achieved what they have so far this season in this particular league.

McCarthy makes the best of what he has got and they are very decent at playing the way they do....and DID cause us a few problems today....reminded a me a bit of the old Wimbledon and a poorman''s version of Stoke under Pullis.

BUT...class tells in the end, particularly when you add in some excellent organisation and dont flinch at the physical challenge.....just like we did today.[/quote]

Where you at the game today?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I can understand exactly how they have achieved what they have so far this season in this particular league.

BUT...class tells in the end, particularly when you add in some excellent organisation and dont flinch at the physical challenge.....just like we did today.[/quote]

Absolutely. You just have to compete against inferior players and if you do, the more talented team will always win. To be fair to Ipswich, they do work hard, but they don''t really have any decent players - even the supposed £10m man Tyrone Mings was fairly dreadful.

Sears looked bright and it was a crucial stop from Ruddy at 1-0, but I still think we would have upped our game and won comfortably. We always seemed to have another gear than them.

I was surprised at how much hoofball they played but that tactic of winning the toss and hoping the sun and the wind would bring them something didn''t really work against our very solid back 4.

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]I can understand exactly how they have achieved what they have so far this season in this particular league.

Where you at the game today?[/quote]

Dubai''s post is spot on. The armchair view - which surprise surprise is quite good when you have full decent coverage - showed that Ipswich had a fair amount of possession, some attempts that maybe they would have scored from if Ruddy hadn''t been as good as he was.  We were better, but to pretend the opposition didn''t cause problems is just wrong.   A good competitive match which we deservedly won, but one sided it wasn''t.  We were the better team on the day of two teams fighting to be promoted - and imo to say Ipswich were $hit is disresectful to our own team. 

their style of play neither deserves or will even make the playoffs......Brentford and Wolves will both overtake them in the next couple of weeks.

shows how bad this league is that theyve got away with it for as long as they have....

Truly don''t know what you were watching LDC, Ipswich had 1 really good chance that I can remember as well as a good long shot easily saved. Possession was even but the quality wasn''t.

cream rises to the top

shite falls to the bottom

That Ipswich have got as far as they have playing like THAT is shocking.

A disgrace in so many aspects. Glad they are crying into their sisters/mothers bosoms tonight.

They really didn''t create much at all- the Sears effort and some pressure late on was about it. Ruddy actually had a flap at a couple of crosses so not totally sure what LDC means by saying how good he was- he made one great save, a couple of routine saves and flapped at a couple of crosses.

They are a poor footballing team, Mcarthy is definitely getting as much out of what they have,as he possibly could, but that doesn''t mean they''re any good.

Very limited players and game plan, will have a hard struggle to end up in the play offs. Defeat at Leeds on Wednesday and they will be in trouble.

The Scum were one-dimensional but effective in their limited game plan and they could have nicked a goal on the break but for Ruddy''s excellent instincts.
Other than that, our defence stood up to the hoofball and aerial bombardment well.
Their fast pressing game meant we didn''t have time to get the ball down and pass it as we know we are able to (e.g. Watford away, Wolves at home) and they made the game an ugly scrap and not much of a spectacle for the purist or neutral, not that I care about either of those groups tonight.
We were the only side with genuine quality and we made it tell in the end, but it was never exactly comfortable and they did fight to the end, bless them.
Still, we won and that''s all that really matters.