Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Reasons to be Cheerful

Ok so it wasn''t great to watch on Saturday and it would seem our defense is still pretty frail but there were certainly a number of positives to be taken from the match.

1) Marney was just pure class, as mentioned elsewhere looked like he did more work in one game than Bentley did in a season, I reckon he will be a star for us.

2) I thought Hughes worked very hard throughout and will also do well.

3) LJ looked confident and not too bad coming forward either.

4) Lets be honest it was a very similar performance to the Palace game last year, not really up to speed yet, lets hope it blew the cobwebs away and they concentrate tomorrow.

5) I hope Jarrett will start tomorrow (even if he cant finish it surely makes more sense to start him and have Charlton on the bench in case) and we will see the midfield we should have.

I cannot understand why Doherty always makes so many tackles and Fleming so few ? I am not a big fan of Fleming and hope that we will get Shack back soon and maybe give Colin a go. Hopefully someone can help Doc not put his foot in too often and things will get better.

Although to be fair with the exception of the goal we didnt really look like conceeding.

Roll on Tuesday !

OTBC.

Good God, KeelansGlove, we can''t be cheerful, we''re Norwich fans!! We expect, nay, demand that we win every single game comfortably and at a canter, and we moan and complain if we spot something even remotely wrong in a performance...

We couldn''t possibly look at the positives from the game, could we? I mean that would be, like, totally alien to us!

Anyway, sarcasm and biting remarks about fellow poster''s negativity aside, well said mate, its nice to read something positive.  Yeah, we didn''t win on Saturday, but then we didn''t lose either - Even Palace don''t really have anything major to worry about for their season, despite losing the first game!

There were a lot of positives from Saturday, a hell of a lot, but as Norwich fans we (the royal we), for some reason, decide to ignore them and concentrate on what went wrong!

And who booed on Saturday at the end, cos I really want to meet them and give them a good point and a stare to teach them a lesson! Its bloody ridiculous that we should boo if we don''t win a game! We''re not going to win every game this season, and we''ll probably lose to worse teams than Coventry at times, but what matters is where we are come 30th April 2006...

Come on people, chins up! Bring on Crewe!

[quote]Good God, KeelansGlove , we can''t be cheerful, we''re Norwich fans!! We expect, nay, demand that we win every single game comfortably and at a canter, and we moan and complain if we spot something e...[/quote]

Okay I wasn''t at the game, but I did hear the booing via Radio Norfolk.

What mangy curds did that Evil Monkey?.

This ain''t on, and its not the City way. I would have given almost anything to have been there Saturday, cheering on the boys, and yet these low dogs booed.

To the gallows with them, they''re not supporters!.

[quote]Okay I wasn''t at the game, but I did hear the booing via Radio Norfolk. What mangy curds did that Evil Monkey ?. This ain''t on, and its not the City way. I would have given almost anything to have ...[/quote]

Have to say someone mentioned the booing but I cant remember hearing it; sure I was disappointed but we got a point - had we lost then a boo may have been warranted.

But despite playing badly we could have won 4-1 which would have flattered the performance which did only deserve 1 point against a team who will finish in the 12-18th place.

OTBC